Journey With UK NHS So Far- Others may contribute

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jasejuk

Re: Journey With UK NHS So Far- Others may contribute

Postby jasejuk » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:54 am

The appointment sent for 02/11/2023 is now cancelled.

It took some emailing back and forth with UCLH. I sent letters sent from their surgeon and the previous counseling with the nurse, and they realised they had made an error. The surgeon Dr Lee also confirmed that I no longer need these assessments with the admin.

Left foot not knowing what the right foot is doing sort of thing!

They will be touch with a further appointment which I guess should be the op.

The thing to do if going through the NHS route is to be on the ball with them, as errors can occur.

Relieved I'm not going to talk about injections, pills, looking at implants etc, again with another nurse again.
Age 50. ED since 25 yrs old. Used pills etc. Last 10 years, everything, including injections --did not work. Doppler test diagnosed VL. Implanted Coloplast Titan 22cm UK NHS ( --13/02/2024 Coloplast with Dr Win Gan Lee -- UCLH London UK)

gandalfasfhaf

Postby gandalfasfhaf » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:25 pm

Sounds like you're on the right path, I need to get in contact with Dr Ralph too it seems. I can expect a long wait I guess :lol:

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:07 am

gandalfasfhaf wrote:Sounds like you're on the right path, I need to get in contact with Dr Ralph too it seems. I can expect a long wait I guess :lol:

You can go with him privately for a £300 consultation while also asking your doctor for a referral to the UCLH.

Youll have your first appt with UCLH within about 2 months or so.

You just need to have exhausted some of the pre-implant things like pills etc.
Age 50. ED since 25 yrs old. Used pills etc. Last 10 years, everything, including injections --did not work. Doppler test diagnosed VL. Implanted Coloplast Titan 22cm UK NHS ( --13/02/2024 Coloplast with Dr Win Gan Lee -- UCLH London UK)

gandalfasfhaf

Postby gandalfasfhaf » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:20 pm

jasejuk wrote:
gandalfasfhaf wrote:Sounds like you're on the right path, I need to get in contact with Dr Ralph too it seems. I can expect a long wait I guess :lol:

You can go with him privately for a £300 consultation while also asking your doctor for a referral to the UCLH.

Youll have your first appt with UCLH within about 2 months or so.

You just need to have exhausted some of the pre-implant things like pills etc.

Thanks yeah I'm looking to book a consultation with him this month now, although was quoted 350! Is what it is.

Hoping he can put me on his NHS waiting list or something.

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:42 am

How did it go with Dr Ralph?

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:54 am

October Update -- Progress and Operation Date

As I never got an operation date or any further communication from UCLH I emailed them.
I then got appts through on the UCLH application.

Good news!

Tel appt -- 4/01/2024
Attend hospital (pre-op) -- 09/02/24
Operation -- 20/02/24

One thing I advise is to chase things up.

It might also be worth doing what gandalfasfhaf above and others have done and pay for the private consultation with Dr Ralph.

All moving forward anyway :) :) :)

gandalfasfhaf

Postby gandalfasfhaf » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:36 pm

Fucking big congrats Jase! So you're scheduled for the go ahead operation in February then? That's quite soon!!! I would be ecstatic if I was you haha.

It's been just under a month since my inital appt with Ralph, we are still in touch over email and I am awaiting a response currently to see next steps.

Nothing's been said about me having a implant yet but it was an option, although paid. I am going to see if I can get put on NHS waiting list as I simply do not have the funds! I would pay if I could tbh just to get it over with.

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:38 am

gandalfasfhaf wrote:Fucking big congrats Jase! So you're scheduled for the go ahead operation in February then? That's quite soon!!! I would be ecstatic if I was you haha.

It's been just under a month since my inital appt with Ralph, we are still in touch over email and I am awaiting a response currently to see next steps.

Nothing's been said about me having a implant yet but it was an option, although paid. I am going to see if I can get put on NHS waiting list as I simply do not have the funds! I would pay if I could tbh just to get it over with.

Thank you.

Yes, I am over the moon and can't wait (Feb 20th 2024) but also naturally fearful about a few things (closer to shitting myself actually). I can't actually imagine a working dick and no pressure about hoping pills etc. work.

I think it could be worth you going back to Ralph and pushing for the implant and maybe ask him to stick you on the list. But was he trying to get you to exhaust other options like injections? It seems odd that you had little discussion about the implant --why was that?

Lifeabroad

Postby Lifeabroad » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:10 am

Can you skip injections and go straight for an implant like in the US?
I am from Germany, and I think implants here are concidered as a truly last resort after all other options failed….

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:18 am

Lifeabroad wrote:Can you skip injections and go straight for an implant like in the US?
I am from Germany, and I think implants here are concidered as a truly last resort after all other options failed….

In the UK we have to exhaust other options like pills, injections, and VED (pump). However, they can't force a patient to
inject themselves if it is something many can't do. So, they can't refuse a person an implant who cannot solve his ED problems just because he
is not willing to inject (it's not easy to do for most of us).

They are considered a last resort in the UK, too. It is permanent, so it makes sense to try other methods.

I dont know about Germany, but sometimes in the UK we have to really push for what we want and know our rights,
as some doctors and nurses will try to get us to take any other option than the one we want. I had one urologist
and one nurse that tried to dissuade me, but I know my dick and its history better than them, and they had to do the referrals.

Return to “Implants”