Journey With UK NHS So Far- Others may contribute

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jasejuk

Re: Journey With UK NHS So Far- Others may contribute

Postby jasejuk » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:19 am

jasejuk wrote:
Lifeabroad wrote:Can you skip injections and go straight for an implant like in the US?
I am from Germany, and I think implants here are concidered as a truly last resort after all other options failed….

In the UK we have to exhaust other options like pills, injections, and VED (pump). However, they can't force a patient to
inject themselves if it is something many can't do. So, they can't refuse a person an implant who cannot solve his ED problems just because he is not willing to inject (it's not easy to do for most of us).

They are considered a last resort in the UK, too. It is permanent, so it makes sense to try other methods.

I dont know about Germany, but sometimes in the UK we have to really push for what we want and know our rights,
as some doctors and nurses will try to get us to take any other option than the one we want. I had one urologist
and one nurse that tried to dissuade me, but I know my dick and its history better than them, and they had to do the referrals.
Age 50. ED since 25 yrs old. Used pills etc. Last 10 years, everything, including injections --did not work. Doppler test diagnosed VL. Implanted Coloplast Titan 22cm UK NHS ( --13/02/2024 Coloplast with Dr Win Gan Lee -- UCLH London UK)

Lifeabroad

Postby Lifeabroad » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:51 am

jasejuk wrote:
jasejuk wrote:
Lifeabroad wrote:Can you skip injections and go straight for an implant like in the US?
I am from Germany, and I think implants here are concidered as a truly last resort after all other options failed….

In the UK we have to exhaust other options like pills, injections, and VED (pump). However, they can't force a patient to
inject themselves if it is something many can't do. So, they can't refuse a person an implant who cannot solve his ED problems just because he is not willing to inject (it's not easy to do for most of us).

They are considered a last resort in the UK, too. It is permanent, so it makes sense to try other methods.

I dont know about Germany, but sometimes in the UK we have to really push for what we want and know our rights,
as some doctors and nurses will try to get us to take any other option than the one we want. I had one urologist
and one nurse that tried to dissuade me, but I know my dick and its history better than them, and they had to do the referrals.

It is an interesting point.
I was thinking about pain from Caverject as well. If someone experience pain, but injections are effective, how can they force a person to use them?
I don’t know whether i want to go straight for the implant though. I have concerns about size loss dur to long lasting ed and compications from the operation, but i don’t have a gf, so the pressure of deciosion making isn’t quite there yet

lagerfeld2306

Postby lagerfeld2306 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:33 am

Lifeabroad wrote:
jasejuk wrote:
jasejuk wrote:

I was thinking about pain from Caverject as well. If someone experience pain, but injections are effective, how can they force a person to use them?
I don’t know whether i want to go straight for the implant though. I have concerns about size loss dur to long lasting ed and compications from the operation, but i don’t have a gf, so the pressure of deciosion making isn’t quite there yet

I'm from Germany. In general, you have to have demonstrably tried everything here and it must be documented. Then you get an implant. But here, too, you can be prepared for one or the other phone call with the health insurance company. I'd get one right away if I had to. But I myself use injections. 3-4 times a week. sometimes 10 times within 14 days. but not too often. Don't have any problems or scarring. I need to increase the dosage bar.
My girlfriend knows about it and I use it as long as I can. Although sometimes I would like to have the implant, because of course you are more spontaneous and I could have so much more sex with her
Spina Bifida and ED since birth. Sex with pills possible for a while, injections have been working fine for 7 years. Slight increase in dose. Consideration implant

Lifeabroad

Postby Lifeabroad » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:40 pm

lagerfeld2306 wrote:
Lifeabroad wrote:
jasejuk wrote:

I'm from Germany. In general, you have to have demonstrably tried everything here and it must be documented. Then you get an implant. But here, too, you can be prepared for one or the other phone call with the health insurance company. I'd get one right away if I had to. But I myself use injections. 3-4 times a week. sometimes 10 times within 14 days. but not too often. Don't have any problems or scarring. I need to increase the dosage bar.
My girlfriend knows about it and I use it as long as I can. Although sometimes I would like to have the implant, because of course you are more spontaneous and I could have so much more sex with her

Good to hear from someone from Germany.
How old are you? And what injections do you use? Caverject?

I suspect a venous leak. Would i stil have to visit a sexual therapist aka. psychologist in order to get scheduled for an implant? Or is a Doppler test enough? I mean how the heck can a therapy help with a velous leak?
Do you also use a ved pump on sex free days?
What regiment do you have if erection lasts to long?

gandalfasfhaf

Postby gandalfasfhaf » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:55 pm

jasejuk wrote: (closer to shitting myself actually). I can't actually imagine a working dick and no pressure about hoping pills etc. work.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only imagine at this point! After a year of a broken penis, some embarrassing encounters with women I truly can't wait to get an implant. My mental health has completely been destroyed this year and I can see the sun over the horizon coming.

I'm absolutely going to push for the implant and that'll be the only surgery I'm going for, even if it means getting a loan out to pay for it. There was no mention of injections so thats kind of good he might see that the two options are a plication or implant it seems. So going to push for implant.

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:47 am

gandalfasfhaf wrote:
jasejuk wrote: (closer to shitting myself actually). I can't actually imagine a working dick and no pressure about hoping pills etc. work.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only imagine at this point! After a year of a broken penis, some embarrassing encounters with women I truly can't wait to get an implant. My mental health has completely been destroyed this year and I can see the sun over the horizon coming.

I'm absolutely going to push for the implant and that'll be the only surgery I'm going for, even if it means getting a loan out to pay for it. There was no mention of injections so thats kind of good he might see that the two options are a plication or implant it seems. So going to push for implant.

I think you can trust the process with Dr Ralph and the UCLH. As you said in a PM, your dick issue is a little more complex but I am sure
if anyone knows what is best would be someone like Ralph. They are not just implant surgeons at the UCLH, they do reconstructions, the lot, so your complex dick troubles are in the right place.
Age 50. ED since 25 yrs old. Used pills etc. Last 10 years, everything, including injections --did not work. Doppler test diagnosed VL. Implanted Coloplast Titan 22cm UK NHS ( --13/02/2024 Coloplast with Dr Win Gan Lee -- UCLH London UK)

lagerfeld2306

Postby lagerfeld2306 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:13 am

Lifeabroad wrote:
lagerfeld2306 wrote:
Lifeabroad wrote:

I suspect a venous leak. Would i stil have to visit a sexual therapist aka. psychologist in order to get scheduled for an implant? Or is a Doppler test enough? I mean how the heck can a therapy help with a velous leak?

I am 45 years old. I have been using Duomix for 8 years. If the problem is demonstrably related to a physical illness, there is no need for a psychologist. No, I don't use VED. I am completely satisfied with what I have. I don't lose anything. I have sex too often for that. There's not really an antidote here, you have to go to the hospital. But I've never had to. The most important thing is to test yourself little by little so that you know exactly how it affects the body. Then you don't need an antidote. It should also be checked regularly by a urologist. You should test everything first and not think about it so much. Just do it, because otherwise you'll drive yourself too crazy. Afterwards you shouldn't ask yourself if I had tried this or that time.
Spina Bifida and ED since birth. Sex with pills possible for a while, injections have been working fine for 7 years. Slight increase in dose. Consideration implant

Lifeabroad

Postby Lifeabroad » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:25 am

lagerfeld2306 wrote:
Lifeabroad wrote:
lagerfeld2306 wrote:

I am 45 years old. I have been using Duomix for 8 years. If the problem is demonstrably related to a physical illness, there is no need for a psychologist. No, I don't use VED. I am completely satisfied with what I have. I don't lose anything. I have sex too often for that. There's not really an antidote here, you have to go to the hospital. But I've never had to. The most important thing is to test yourself little by little so that you know exactly how it affects the body. Then you don't need an antidote. It should also be checked regularly by a urologist. You should test everything first and not think about it so much. Just do it, because otherwise you'll drive yourself too crazy. Afterwards you shouldn't ask yourself if I had tried this or that time.

Did you start dating your current gf while having ed/using duomix? Or have you been together for a long time? What was her perspective on injections?
How long does erection last after duomix injection in your case?

By the way, thank you for answering:)

gandalfasfhaf

Postby gandalfasfhaf » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:57 pm

jasejuk wrote:They are not just implant surgeons at the UCLH, they do reconstructions, the lot, so your complex dick troubles are in the right place.

That's great to know, as I didn't before. Mine definitely is a work of art that needs some construction work no doubt lol.

A lot of back and forth on email right now so I just got to be patience...

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:36 am

gandalfasfhaf wrote:
jasejuk wrote:They are not just implant surgeons at the UCLH, they do reconstructions, the lot, so your complex dick troubles are in the right place.

That's great to know, as I didn't before. Mine definitely is a work of art that needs some construction work no doubt lol.

A lot of back and forth on email right now so I just got to be patience...

Keep me posted via IM or in a thread on FT. Yours is an interesting case to share with others on FT.

Here is some info about UCLH Andrology and the doctors -- https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/our-services/find-service/urology/andrology

And this is the surgeon doing my implant at the UCLH -- https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/our-services/find-consultant/mr-wai-gin-lee

Return to “Implants”