Peronie (hourglass) and psychogenic ED: dilemma

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TheyCallMeDave

Peronie (hourglass) and psychogenic ED: dilemma

Postby TheyCallMeDave » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:19 pm

Hi guys,

I am faced with a real dilemma. For all I know, a part of my ED is psychogenic: I just can't adapt to my distal narrowing, the lack of sensitivity and occasional pain (improved by PRP though). It creates a real inhibition even after these 2 years. I do not masturbate very often. I am stuck to gentle sex, some specific positions and loose my erections quite easily. Most of the time, I avoid penetration if I am not 100% hard on the entire length. Technically speaking, I can have sex but it is rarely comfortable and spontaneous.

I have been thinking about being implanted but feel like a fraud. I can be hard half of the time. Edex is an overkill (a quarter of the dose and I last for 3H) but I do not respond to oral medication. The only medical argument for an implantation would be to stop the progression of the plaque (having an MRI next week). I am not even sure that an implant would prevent pain. So, this is it: Did any one of you got implanted for similar reasons while being relatively potent? From a french perspective, it seemed like an heresy but I wonder how it is perceived from an Anglo-Saxon perspective.
Last edited by TheyCallMeDave on Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
34 years old. PD. Shrinked for 3 years.
My story:https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22569
Titan 24 Hakky 27/07/2023

Dent4ever

Re: Peronie (hourglass) and psychogenic ED: dilemma

Postby Dent4ever » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:36 pm

Me and a couple of other guys here have been in dilemma over the same exact thing. I can get hard and usually even per the good surgeons, if you can get solid erections, hold off on the implant. But its also a personal decision because just like for you, mine causes me a lot of mental barriers, like performance anxiety and constant worries that take away from enjoying sex. Women dont notice as when Im hard it kinda goes away but it seems to progress over life. Scarring creates a weakling in the chain in my opinion and believe me, when I say Ive thrown everything at it, even legitimate stem cells. I talked to a doc that pointed out that max does pills dont work as well due to how some individuals bodies break them down, I get massive cause and stuffy nose from all of them. Also I would like to prevent further scarring down the line, no fun having to manipulate your dick prior to sex for 10 minutes to get fully hard. It used to happen in like 5 seconds before peyronies now it just takes too long.
42 M. Mild peyronies like symptoms for well over a decade. Mostly related to PFS syndrome I believe. Seriously considering an Implant. Trying to mentally accept the situation, Pills barely work and trimix gel doesn't work, tried injections -hated it.

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:44 pm

I could still get hard before my implant. But because of Peyronie’s it was useless, 60° curve, dent, thinning of the shaft, pain, all that. I was wrecked mentally and spoke with several surgeons about my options and decided since an implant was my eventual reality I went ahead and got it.

No more curve, thinning, plaque, pain, none of it. Plus I still have good blood flow which is a bonus.
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:38 pm

fade3W wrote:I could still get hard before my implant. But because of Peyronie’s it was useless, 60° curve, dent, thinning of the shaft, pain, all that. I was wrecked mentally and spoke with several surgeons about my options and decided since an implant was my eventual reality I went ahead and got it.

No more curve, thinning, plaque, pain, none of it. Plus I still have good blood flow which is a bonus.

Did the implant instantly fix the thinning when you woke up? How was your girth affected immediately post op and then later?

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:30 pm

Immediately post op it didn’t look great but the curve was down to about 20°. Once I started cycling it was straight and wider. By a month after surgery I was straight as an arrow and wider than ever.
Mid-30s

TheyCallMeDave

Postby TheyCallMeDave » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:11 am

fade3W wrote:I could still get hard before my implant. But because of Peyronie’s it was useless, 60° curve, dent, thinning of the shaft, pain, all that. I was wrecked mentally and spoke with several surgeons about my options and decided since an implant was my eventual reality I went ahead and got it.

How experienced was your surgeon? Did it required patching or tunica expension procedure?

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:09 am

TheyCallMeDave wrote:

How experienced was your surgeon? Did it required patching or tunica expension procedure?

Dr Hakky, so very experienced. He used the scratch technique and it worked pretty well
Mid-30s

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:33 pm

TheyCallMeDave wrote:Hi guys,

I am faced with a real dilemma. For all I know, a part of my ED is psychogenic: I just can't adapt to my distal narrowing, the lack of sensitivity and occasional pain (improved by PRP though). It creates a real inhibition even after these 2 years. I do not masturbate very often. I am stuck to gentle sex, some specific positions and loose my erections quite easily. Most of the time, I avoid penetration if I am not 100% hard on the entire length. Technically speaking, I can have sex but it is rarely comfortable and spontaneous.

I have been thinking about being implanted but feel like a fraud. I can be hard half of the time. Edex is an overkill (a quarter of the dose and I last for 3H) but I do not respond to oral medication. The only medical argument for an implantation would be to stop the progression of the plaque (having an MRI next week). I am not even sure that an implant would prevent pain. So, this is it: Did any one of you got implanted for similar reasons while being relatively potent? From a french perspective, it seemed like an heresy but I wonder how it is perceived from an Anglo-Saxon perspective.

Hey man, I've got something very similar going on distal narrowing and HG shit. Could still have sex but last time I tried to have sex as usual (not gentle) it seemed to make things worse. I am scheduled for surgery with Hakky on April 4th. You say PRP and other stuff didn't work?
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

TheyCallMeDave

Postby TheyCallMeDave » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:13 am

Hillywilly wrote:

Hey man, I've got something very similar going on distal narrowing and HG shit. Could still have sex but last time I tried to have sex as usual (not gentle) it seemed to make things worse. I am scheduled for surgery with Hakky on April 4th. You say PRP and other stuff didn't work?

PRP did improve the distal narrowing for a while but it did not last and it did not prevent the pain (still have the fibrous ring around the distal part of my dick). It left some additional room (which would have been great if I had not made my case worst with a restorex after)

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:17 am

TheyCallMeDave wrote:
Hillywilly wrote:

PRP did improve the distal narrowing for a while but it did not last and it did not prevent the pain (still have the fibrous ring around the distal part of my dick). It left some additional room (which would have been great if I had not made my case worst with a restorex after)

Yeah I have had limited success with PRP before but I’m just tired of this midshaft scar I think surgery may be the way.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Return to “Implants”