How long did it take you to get comfortable?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Catmandu

How long did it take you to get comfortable?

Postby Catmandu » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:38 am

How long after your surgery did it take for you to become comfortable living with and using your implant?

Obviously everyone will heal differently, I'm reading that roughly 6 weeks being the average time for most swelling to go down, but how long did it take for you to be comfortable with the implant, 'inconspicuously' inflating for sex, operating the pump with one hand, finding the deflate button, generally accepting that it is now a part of you?
I'm concerned that if I lose any size from surgery that I may or may not regain over months after, I won't be fully comfortable with the implant until the size is back.
I have seen some people have started having sex as soon as 3 weeks out from surgery, does the sex so soon after surgery feel different to pre surgery/few weeks longer after the surgery.

Lost Sheep

Re: How long did it take you to get comfortable?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:18 am

Catmandu wrote:How long after your surgery did it take for you to become comfortable living with and using your implant?

Obviously everyone will heal differently, I'm reading that roughly 6 weeks being the average time for most swelling to go down, but how long did it take for you to be comfortable with the implant, 'inconspicuously' inflating for sex, operating the pump with one hand, finding the deflate button, generally accepting that it is now a part of you?
I'm concerned that if I lose any size from surgery that I may or may not regain over months after, I won't be fully comfortable with the implant until the size is back.
I have seen some people have started having sex as soon as 3 weeks out from surgery, does the sex so soon after surgery feel different to pre surgery/few weeks longer after the surgery.

My only "discomfort" was that I had no confidence that I knew how to "drive" my penis after so long It was not like riding a bike (that one does not forget how).

PS Maybe it is just me. After several years of not riding a bicycle, I was not comfortable getting back in THAT saddle again, either. It took me a few minutes of wobby riding to get pedal pushing comfortably. It took several sexual sessions before I could get back in the coital groove again, too.

As far as the physical apparatus in me and operating it. No problem there at all once the healing was complete and pain and swelling was gone. I still am cognizant of the fact that it is an implant but the sexual act itself is the same as before ED.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Catmandu

Postby Catmandu » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:11 am

Appreciate the response but didn't really answer the question of 'when', what time frame after surgery did it take for you to be comfortable

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:43 am

I was having sex in 4 weeks but was akward. Am now 7 months in and am comfortable but still learning when best to inflate, how much, etc. but is very partner dependant.
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:31 am

At around four months, sex started to consistently feel good and I could comfortably wear my regular-fitting pants again.

That's when I began to feel comfortable with my implant.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:49 am

I had sex at the 4 week mark, it was absolutely excruciating. But I still came inside a woman so it was a great feeling. Sex now is way more painfree
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Rebz89

Postby Rebz89 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:14 am

Catmandu wrote:How long after your surgery did it take for you to become comfortable living with and using your implant?

3 weeks post op I started cycling and within the same week was comfortable enough to one handed inflate.

Had sex 3 weeks post op too couldn't wait. Wasn't too painful.

Comfortable having sex and cycling I'm now 6 weeks with no pain and day to day life is back to normal and has been for a couple weeks now.

Feel free to PM me if you need any questions answering or a call to see hoe things work
33 UK NHS patient
AMS 700 23cm implanted 13th Dec 2022.
Type1 diabetic.
Tried pills and injections before finally getting the implant.
Happy to share pictures and story.

Flounder

Postby Flounder » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:19 am

Catmandu wrote:How long after your surgery did it take for you to become comfortable living with and using your implant?"……..

I'm concerned that if I lose any size from surgery that I may or may not regain over months after, I won't be fully comfortable with the implant until the size is back………

If regaining full size is your criteria for “fully comfortable” - most guys on here will tell you it took between 6 months to a year to regain all their size. Everything else you mentioned will likely fall into place, at various stages, within that timeframe.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

Return to “Implants”