Failed /rejected implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rjm1220

Failed /rejected implant

Postby Rjm1220 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:06 pm

Curious to know what issues others have had with a failed or rejected implant.

What are the signs your body is rejecting your implant and at what stage post op does that happen? I had some skin irritation on my shaft and burning sensations in the “eye” that may be nothing. No burning when i pee. It may be from me walking around with a hard chubby all the time, wearing jeans (the second i get home at night i go commando in gym shorts. Weekends i wear sweatpants)

What issues have you had that caused your implant to fail and what was done to correct it? I have a strange feeling my pump might be defective. I spoke with a rep from Boston Scientific yesterday and in our conversation mentioned that my cylinders NEVER fully deflate and that they always have some level of fluid in them. Despite deflating the correct way and even applying pressure to squeeze it dry, it never fully deflated. I told her that when i do deflate, i try to get as flaccid as possible, but within 15+/- minutes it’s back up roughly 50% …pointing straight out. She said it wasn’t normal and said it was an “auto inflate” issue as well as a deflate issue that likely requires the pump to be replaced. Anyone have these issues?

Additionally, as per one of my recent posts, i can not get the pump to pull down. If feels like it’s being held high and center in my sack like a tumor at the base of my shaft and no matter what i do, it stays there. Despite me pulling on it daily (except during the first week + when my sack was the size of a grapefruit and i couldn’t find my nuts or the pump) i can’t get it down. The rep said, very often it’s held up by scar tissues that may require a small procedure to set it free.

So many concerns…. But the Boston Rep has me thinking. Lol. Doctor appointment Monday to see what she says

Let me know your issues that you’ve had and what was done to correct it.

Stay tuned

BTW… the rep said there has been some cases where initial size and girth have come back but she said “I’d do best not to expect that”. Oh no!
AMS700 LGX - 21cm - 12/20/22. ED issues for last 5+ years. Pills worked for a while. Injections were horrible. To date, not a fan of the implant (read my posts)

KeithC

Re: Failed /rejected implant

Postby KeithC » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:44 am

I’m surprised the manufacturer had that conversation with you.

I would be beating that doctors door down asking for answers. It sounds like a botched procedure to me.

Rebz89

Postby Rebz89 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:56 am

Rjm1220 wrote:Curious to know what issues others have had with a failed or rejected implant.

What are the signs your body is rejecting your implant and at what stage post op does that happen? I had some skin irritation on my shaft and burning sensations in the “eye” that may be nothing. No burning when i pee. It may be from me walking around with a hard chubby all the time, wearing jeans (the second i get home at night i go commando in gym shorts. Weekends i wear sweatpants)

What issues have you had that caused your implant to fail and what was done to correct it? I have a strange feeling my pump might be defective. I spoke with a rep from Boston Scientific yesterday and in our conversation mentioned that my cylinders NEVER fully deflate and that they always have some level of fluid in them. Despite deflating the correct way and even applying pressure to squeeze it dry, it never fully deflated. I told her that when i do deflate, i try to get as flaccid as possible, but within 15+/- minutes it’s back up roughly 50% …pointing straight out. She said it wasn’t normal and said it was an “auto inflate” issue as well as a deflate issue that likely requires the pump to be replaced. Anyone have these issues?

Additionally, as per one of my recent posts, i can not get the pump to pull down. If feels like it’s being held high and center in my sack like a tumor at the base of my shaft and no matter what i do, it stays there. Despite me pulling on it daily (except during the first week + when my sack was the size of a grapefruit and i couldn’t find my nuts or the pump) i can’t get it down. The rep said, very often it’s held up by scar tissues that may require a small procedure to set it free.

So many concerns…. But the Boston Rep has me thinking. Lol. Doctor appointment Monday to see what she says

Stay tuned

BTW… the rep said there has been some cases where initial size and girth have come back but she said “I’d do best not to expect that”. Oh no!

Same story here same pump I'm 6 weeks post op I couldn't get a flacid penis for ages until a bath got me down I realised I was pushing down on my penis whilst holding the deflate button but the trick for mine is is to hold the button down for like 5-7 seconds THEN apply pressure once my hands off the button to push out the excess.... im happy to show you.

My pump was also and still is high up like alego brick near my shaft it is slowly coming down though.
I've read others with the same issue of high situated pump with scar tissue to the scrotum wall etc some went around 8 week mark another guy took 5 months and then it sat perfect.

I'm being patient as they won't go back in for 6 months to do the small procedure to move the pump down as high risk of infection.

If you want a call on how to try and get a full deflate I'm happy to as it had my worried for a while.
You can also deflate THEN do one pump after to try and stop the auto inflate.

How old are you?
How long have you had the implant etc?
33 UK NHS patient
AMS 700 23cm implanted 13th Dec 2022.
Type1 diabetic.
Tried pills and injections before finally getting the implant.
Happy to share pictures and story.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:36 am

Rjm1220 wrote:Curious to know what issues others have had with a failed or rejected implant.

Stay tuned

I had the same auto inflate with my 21cm LGX. Used to happen a lot with the Titan and some even said it did not happen with the AMS. It is part of a sticky pump. These are made tight so they won't wear out as fast. Some a bit more than others as with all things. Auto inflate has not been brought up in a while but the solution short term is after you deflate fully do the fast first pump of the bulb that gets you the pop that switches to inflate mode. This will lock out auto inflate. Mine at times took more than one pump to get the pop of the valve switching to inflate mode. Just do what you need to do to get the pop of the valve switching. You can leave it like that so you have a lot of fluid in your reservoir so you can adjust to having the fluid in the reservoir. I like a some inflation of my cylinders all the time. But that is up to you and you can have as much or as little as yo like. After the break in period the pump will act properly. You just have to use it and keep cycling. Mine took a long time to break in and work properly. Now if I press the deflate button and am able to release it and still feel the buzz of fluid going back in the reservoir I just leave it and am done. It will deflate on its own to a level that is comfortable. It will continue to deflate as I move with normal activity and fluid is pushed back into the reservoir.

No need to worry about its just something that has happened to others and like many things it should self correct. Just give it time and keep using it. The pump self lubricates and using it will help it. Also heat helped with mine early on. I used an electric heating pad. That way things were kept dry to avoid infection. Just relax and keep up the cycling work. That is your job now. You can do a search on "auto inflation" in the upper right of this page and you should find a lot of posts about this.

Good luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:31 am

Sounds like getting it fully deflated may be key for you. Mine is definitely not comfortable to wear around in pants unless I'm as deflated as possible.

Regarding your initial/former size, I agree with the rep's sentiment even if the delivery was not how I would put it. Don't "expect" a certain size that you once were; expect a hard, working penis and hope for the best/cycle etc to do as much as you can to regain size.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Rjm1220

Postby Rjm1220 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:18 pm

Rebz89 wrote:

Stay tuned

Same story here same pump I'm 6 weeks post op I couldn't get a flacid penis for ages until a bath got me down I realised I was pushing down on my penis whilst holding the deflate button but the trick for mine is is to hold the button down for like 5-7 seconds THEN apply pressure once my hands off the button to push out the excess.... im happy to show you.

My pump was also and still is high up like alego brick near my shaft it is slowly coming down though.
I've read others with the same issue of high situated pump with scar tissue to the scrotum wall etc some went around 8 week mark another guy took 5 months and then it sat perfect.

I'm being patient as they won't go back in for 6 months to do the small procedure to move the pump down as high risk of infection.

If you want a call on how to try and get a full deflate I'm happy to as it had my worried for a while.
You can also deflate THEN do one pump after to try and stop the auto inflate.

How old are you?
How long have you had the implant etc?

I’m 61. Implanted on 12/20
Just got back from a Dr visit. She’s not concerned. Said the pump is where it should be and to give it time. I go back mid-April. Will see then

Also, i showed her my fully deflated manhood. I did it in front of her . Said “give is 30 seconds”. Sure enough, it filled back up about 40%. She looked concerned but said she wasn’t. Said it’s functioning properly (despite Boston Scientific telling me is should 100% deflate). Not sure about this issue but it really doesn’t bother me. Maybe in time it will kat right ?
AMS700 LGX - 21cm - 12/20/22. ED issues for last 5+ years. Pills worked for a while. Injections were horrible. To date, not a fan of the implant (read my posts)

Rjm1220

Postby Rjm1220 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:23 pm

KeithC wrote:I’m surprised the manufacturer had that conversation with you.

I would be beating that doctors door down asking for answers. It sounds like a botched procedure to me.

They have a number on their website for patients with questions. They are very helpful

Return to “Implants”