Infection Concern

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JetsFan1594

Infection Concern

Postby JetsFan1594 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:10 am

Has anyone had increased discomfort or swelling 10+ days out… and not had an infection? I’m about 16 days out and given that I’m no longer on the heavy meds and I am generally more active … I’ve noticed an increase in general discomfort in my shaft. Scrotum is relatively fine, but shaft is pretty consistently 2/10 dull ache of pain. Per Eid’s request I’ve even stopped cycling. I’ve heard of other people working out, masturbating, having sex by my timeline- I’m too sore to really fathom any of that.

Has anyone had this happen and it ended up just being typical recovery as opposed to an infection scenario?
28M, inadequate partial erections as far back as I can remember due to VL. Completely unresponsive to pills, disappointing response to Trimix. Stretch test 19cm. Implanted 1/6/23 24cm Coloplast Titan (Classic Model) by Dr Eid with .5cm RTE on left side

KeithC

Re: Infection Concern

Postby KeithC » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:59 am

Funny how doctors give different instructions.

My doctor told me not to fool with mine and NOT to pump it at all until my 6 WEEK visit with him. He said cycling earlier just causes more trouble than its worth.

My guess is you've been injuring yourself with pumping so early. I would follow your doctors orders and stop.

Yeah I know there are guys here bragging they pumped up the first day. That seems foolish to me. Let it heal...

Surely you wouldn't have an infection after using the greatest surgeon on Earth.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:07 am

Dr. Eid's protocol is unique. He activates his patients very early compared to other doctors. However, as we are all different in recovery time, some patients need longer periods to be ready for cycling. You don't have to worry about swelling and pain only 16 days out. Just follow your doctor's instructions and give it more time to heal. It took me 6 weeks to get ready for cycling. At 4 weeks, my doctor advised me to give it 2 extra weeks. I was perfectly fine at that point.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

JetsFan1594

Postby JetsFan1594 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:49 pm

So just to follow up on this, the pain in my shaft is undoubtedly worse than it was the first week after surgery. Like significantly. On the other hand, my scrotum- though it was never in particular pair- is healing super well- the pump has never felt clearer or surrounded by less tissue. This is not correlated with a pump infection.

What could it be? A UTI? I felt pretty good immediately after surgery, but my shaft fucking kills me now.
28M, inadequate partial erections as far back as I can remember due to VL. Completely unresponsive to pills, disappointing response to Trimix. Stretch test 19cm. Implanted 1/6/23 24cm Coloplast Titan (Classic Model) by Dr Eid with .5cm RTE on left side

Rebz89

Postby Rebz89 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:18 pm

Look everyone will have an opinion based on THEIR INSTRUCTIONS OR THEIR EXPERIENCE.
For instance I was told no sex for 6 week and didn't start cycling til 3 weeks. I was also told to just inflate then immediately deflate for 3 weeks which is hardly cycling. Off my own back I did between 2 to 3 hours a day.

Some men can't bare to be touched for weeks let alone start cycling.

I would assume your cycling has just inflamed some tissue and your body is telling you it's not ready yet

Any infection would have shown at your scar etc and if your scrotum is fine then that's a good sign of no infection.

Just wait another week. Literally I'm 6 weeks in and I noticed improvements every single day. I had sex at 3 weeks and I was hurting a little.

Also I had a nurse try to deflate me at w and half weeks and I felt like I had just got out of surgery.

Don't do too much too soon. There is no rule book on these things. Your penis just isn't ready for cycling this day or maybe not for 100% inflation yet hut tomorrow or next week you might be.

I have seen guys comment my recovery at 6 weeks looked better than theirs at 3 months.... just trust the process. Honestly don't worry your good and if not then your in good hands.
33 UK NHS patient
AMS 700 23cm implanted 13th Dec 2022.
Type1 diabetic.
Tried pills and injections before finally getting the implant.
Happy to share pictures and story.

Rebz89

Postby Rebz89 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:19 pm

JetsFan1594 wrote:So just to follow up on this, the pain in my shaft is undoubtedly worse than it was the first week after surgery. Like significantly. On the other hand, my scrotum- though it was never in particular pair- is healing super well- the pump has never felt clearer or surrounded by less tissue. This is not correlated with a pump infection.

What could it be? A UTI? I felt pretty good immediately after surgery, but my shaft fucking kills me now.

Secondly happy to have a call and show you mine at 6 weeks and how I'm cycling incase any difference and show scars etc. Just pm me if you need a recent implanted opinion
33 UK NHS patient
AMS 700 23cm implanted 13th Dec 2022.
Type1 diabetic.
Tried pills and injections before finally getting the implant.
Happy to share pictures and story.

Return to “Implants”