Most IPPs fail before 5 years

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pamen116

Most IPPs fail before 5 years

Postby Pamen116 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:16 pm

With the on going failures in the IPP. I would like to see what Malleable posts we have from users that can give testimony of their experience and results.

Just how big Pharma gives us medicine that only cures a portion of the sickness/disease in order to ensure we return again $$$

I do believe the IPP is marketed as 13 years, but in reality is just marketing or an anomaly situation and the implant last about 5 years or less. I think these implants aren’t as reliable as people make them seem.

Anyways my post isn’t to debate the legitimacy of the implants but to explore more options for my revision. If you have any feedback on size retention with the malleable and sexual experiences please let me know or drop the link below.

Thanks all, God bless
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

KeithC

Re: Most IPPs fail before 5 years

Postby KeithC » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:29 pm

Holy cow!

After reading your bio I can certainly understand your negative attitude towards implants.

I pray your experiences are isolated.

Just curious, what reasons do the doctors give you for the multiple failures?

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:39 pm

I have to disagree, "Most" implants do not fail in 5 years or less. Sure sounds like you've had a string of bad luck though.

Believe there was one fellow on here a while back said his implant was almost 20 years old and still working. And a couple that have been implanted for 10+ years.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

whymenow

Postby whymenow » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:55 pm

I am not sure if it 5 years, but there are revisions down the road for sure. That's why malleable is a better option with the bendable option in my opinion.

Pamen116

Postby Pamen116 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:23 pm

Waiting for the comments naming only 3 people they know whose IPP lasted longer than 10 years that never used their implant:
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

KeithC

Postby KeithC » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:29 pm

Pamen116 wrote:Waiting for the comments naming only 3 people they know whose IPP lasted longer than 10 years that never used their implant:

I don't know ANYONE that ever had an implant that I know of. Pretty sure most guys are like me. That's not something people talk about.

People talk about it HERE sure. How many guys do you just happen to know that have failed implants besides yourself?

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:46 pm

I’ll get back to you in December of 2024.

I was installed 12/31/19. LGX. It’s been cycling since day 3 and in use since day 17.

But that’s only 3 years, 20 days. I hope it doesn’t quit before its fifth birthday. Right now it shows no signs of having issues.

I’ll go get a shower. Maybe I can use it again this afternoon, quick, before it decides the game is up.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:07 pm

KeithC wrote:
Pamen116 wrote:Waiting for the comments naming only 3 people they know whose IPP lasted longer than 10 years that never used their implant:

I don't know ANYONE that ever had an implant that I know of. Pretty sure most guys are like me. That's not something people talk about.

People talk about it HERE sure. How many guys do you just happen to know that have failed implants besides yourself?

that is one thing that has really struck me of late. I personally don’t know anybody who has an implant. Amongst the few friends of mine, who now know about me, none of them know anybody else who’s ever had an implant. And let me tell you, they are keenly interested. That group also includes my younger brother, who is a physician. I was really struck by how little he knew about implants, and recently he told me that in his years of practice, he only knows personally of two guys that he has seen as patients that revealed this to him. He said one guy told him that he had had his “20 years ago“. No idea if that was inflatable or malleable of course. my brother had his prostate removed about three or four years ago, and I find it a bit telling that, despite the fact we rarely talk, he has been in constant contact with me checking in on my progress. I suspect I know why.

But the point is, suddenly I feel like I am the one who is the pioneer here. Yes, here on the forum, we have some camaraderie and some like-minded guys with whom we travel this journey together.

But out in the real world, we are in the vast vast minority.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:50 pm

Old Guy wrote:I have to disagree, "Most" implants do not fail in 5 years or less. Sure sounds like you've had a string of bad luck though.

Believe there was one fellow on here a while back said his implant was almost 20 years old and still working. And a couple that have been implanted for 10+ years.

Just read what you’ve written
“One guy”…”a couple lasted 10 years”
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:45 pm

I think both camps needs to be careful here.

I'm not sure if legitimate implant lifespan studies exist or not, but without something like a 5 year study of thousands of implantees from January of 2018 until now, we won't actually know the pre-5 year failure rate.

In my opinion, on per-post basis this site will naturally attract far more people having problems rather than people with success. Each one of us ended up here because of a problem. In my personal experience (which isn't hard evidence), I stopped using this site entirely shortly after my initial surgery in 2017 because my problem was solved. Then problems arose again, and I came back. I would not have come back at all had everything been fine. You see where I'm going with this.

Similarly, anecdotes of people with long lasting implants don't prove much either. The sample size is just too small and the comparison group size is unknown.

For me, I don't have a choice. My cursory reading of malleables also show their unique set of potential problems. IPP offered the best risk/reward for an otherwise incurable condition.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Return to “Implants”