Anyone who can respond to injections just decide to move to implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JetsFan1594

Re: Anyone who can respond to injections just decide to move to implant?

Postby JetsFan1594 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:43 pm

Rider1400 wrote:I think the general consensus is if shots are working well and you’re not getting scar tissue than most would still be using shots. After just 12 months of injections I had doubled, doubled and then doubled again on the dosage and to top it off started developing a little scaring, so now I’m implanted. Yes it was a great move! Maybe wish I had skipped shots but now I know how they did work and prolonged the implant as long as possible. I love my implant but it took 4-5 months to get to the totally comfortable erection point. After the 6 month time it’s been oh so much better than injections.

Love to hear this man! I’m 3 weeks out from being implanted and wondering if I should have stayed with the injections and just tried stronger doses to get a more legit response.
28M, inadequate partial erections as far back as I can remember due to VL. Completely unresponsive to pills, disappointing response to Trimix. Stretch test 19cm. Implanted 1/6/23 24cm Coloplast Titan (Classic Model) by Dr Eid with .5cm RTE on left side

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:15 pm

Injections were inconsistent for me and I was having to go up every month or two was like fighting ED over and over. No regrets
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

slipnslider

Postby slipnslider » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:39 pm

Hillywilly wrote:Would love to hear if you are happy with your choice.

Injections work great for me except they last too long. But the reason I'm doing implant consultations now is I'm having light headedness from injections. Even fainted a couple hours after my last trimix injection. My urologist said even though it's an injection, the drug still goes systemic in your body and affects your cardiovascular system, leading to blood pressure and heart issues over time.
44, ED problems began around age 28 when I was on finasteride for hair loss, and also got circumcised so I lost a lot of sensation. Pills gave me bad headaches and other side effects. Now using trimix 30/1/20. So far so good.

TuffDadSF

Postby TuffDadSF » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:52 pm

I did injections for probably a year and didn't have any scarrings and also responded well, almost too well.
I just didn't like having to have to plan every time I have to have sex and then take the shot and have to do it within a certain amount of time.
Finally I was like screw it I'm getting the implant!
53yo gay male. ED since 40's. Tried pills (headaches) & shots (spontaneity gone, long erections). Implanted with Titan OT on Jan 17th, 2023.

SthAv8tr

Postby SthAv8tr » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:49 pm

I'll be another one to move from pills + ved straight to implant.

I was administered trimix once and did not like it. Not to mention I cannot steadily and reliably inject myself. I visit the Dr once a week for TRT injections.

Looking forward to not having to plan out sex and deal with all the crappy side effects anymore.
38 Ed caused by bike accident at 19, Meds & ved for 18 years.
Titan Coloplast/genesis pump March 22, 2023 By Dr. Clavell
5.75L 5.5G prior to implant.
03/22/23 Titan/Genesis 22cm by Dr. Clavell
6L 6G Post implant.

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:09 pm

SthAv8tr wrote:I'll be another one to move from pills + ved straight to implant.

I was administered trimix once and did not like it. Not to mention I cannot steadily and reliably inject myself. I visit the Dr once a week for TRT injections.

Looking forward to not having to plan out sex and deal with all the crappy side effects anymore.

Good for you man. I think I will go that route too because the injections although they work seem to make the scar tissue a little bit worse each time I use them.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:48 pm

I tried most everything at one point or another. Once pills didn't work, I used tri-mix and then the "super" formula of tri-mix until they didn't work well enough. They worked at first but after a while, I could get hard with them but didn't stay hard long enough for sex. I had no trouble giving myself the shots and if they had continued to work, I probably would have kept doing that, as surgery is a huge step.

I've had an implant over 4 years now and I think it's great. Always hard on demand, for as long as I'd like. I'm glad I tried the shots first, along with pills and VED. I know I can't go back, but I feel comfortable knowing I tried everything else first.

The only thing I miss with the implant is that great feeling of getting hard little by little, naturally, with arousal. But given that my dick hadn't done that in many years, it's not the implant that took that away, it was the ED. With pills it was still there, but neither injections nor implant give that sensation. I still get aroused, and it feels great, but I don't get hard without some pumps into the implant.

If I were making the decision you are, I'd go ahead with shots for a while just to see what they are like. If you don't like the sensations or the shots, or the way your dick feels, then you know for sure the implant is the right choice.

Good luck with your decision.

Q.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

SthAv8tr

Postby SthAv8tr » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:14 pm

Hillywilly wrote:
SthAv8tr wrote:I'll be another one to move from pills + ved straight to implant.

Good for you man. I think I will go that route too because the injections although they work seem to make the scar tissue a little bit worse each time I use them.

Thanks! Sorry I haven't replied any sooner lol I haven't checked the site lately. Life has had me busy!

I'm glad I didn't move on to doing injections over time, because in time I'm sure I could inject myself, but I just didn't want to risk messing anything up. Also after researching other options while learning about implants, I did not want to scar myself up and cause damage. I still use Sildenafil while pumping until I get surgery in the next couple of weeks. Really can't wait to put ED behind me!!!
38 Ed caused by bike accident at 19, Meds & ved for 18 years.
Titan Coloplast/genesis pump March 22, 2023 By Dr. Clavell
5.75L 5.5G prior to implant.
03/22/23 Titan/Genesis 22cm by Dr. Clavell
6L 6G Post implant.

Ld5953

Postby Ld5953 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:09 pm

I had a prostatectomy at a fairly young age (50), and immediately started injections within a few months. Twenty years later (Feb. 10, 2023) I had implant surgery (AMS 700). I went for my post op checkup last week and a training session with the Boston Scientific representative yesterday. Both the doctor and rep said I’m healing well and the implant is doing super. I noticed it was taking more and more injections to get the desired effect and it wasn’t always reliable. I also just got tired of sticking myself and having to plan everything where there was no spontaneity. If I had to do it over again I would have had the surgery well before now.
Radical prostatectomy in 2002. Used injections for 20 years. Implanted (infrapubic) with AMS 700 on February 10, 2023.

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:56 am

Ld5953 wrote:I had a prostatectomy at a fairly young age (50), and immediately started injections within a few months. Twenty years later (Feb. 10, 2023) I had implant surgery (AMS 700). I went for my post op checkup last week and a training session with the Boston Scientific representative yesterday. Both the doctor and rep said I’m healing well and the implant is doing super. I noticed it was taking more and more injections to get the desired effect and it wasn’t always reliable. I also just got tired of sticking myself and having to plan everything where there was no spontaneity. If I had to do it over again I would have had the surgery well before now.

Did you have scar tissue from all those years using injections? How often did you use them?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

Return to “Implants”