Pump can’t be pulled down

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rjm1220

Pump can’t be pulled down

Postby Rjm1220 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:55 pm

Doctor says to pull the pump down all the time, but i feel there is something holding it tight and high. It’s dead center up high right under the base of my Dick. It feels as if it’s enclosed in a pocket. I pull it down as hard as i can but within second it’s back up tight.
Anyone have this issue?
AMS700 LGX - 21cm - 12/20/22. ED issues for last 5+ years. Pills worked for a while. Injections were horrible. To date, not a fan of the implant (read my posts)

Txagq8

Re: Pump can’t be pulled down

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:58 pm

I went thru this for first 8-10 weeks or so. It was especially bad about 6 weeks after surgery. Doc and his PA had me cycling like mad starting on Day 3. I was having a hell of a time accessing pump because it was so high.

They instructed me to pull downward on it throughout the day, gently. Not a huge tug or anything. Be sure to clear this with your medical folks before you do it.

At the 8th week it was bad enough I asked @what do we do if it never comes down to a convenient spot?” They assured me it would, but if it didn’t, they could go in and move it. Nowhere near as invasive as original surgery, probably under a local or with mild sedation, in the office.

But ultimately it never had to be moved. I cycled, pulled, went to bed. Woke up next morning, pump was in scrotum at the perfect spot, hasn’t been an issue since. That was almost 3 months post surgery. Some things are quick to heal. Other things take their sweet ass time. Do discuss it with your doc, though. He or she might have some tips.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Rjm1220

Postby Rjm1220 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:26 pm

Any thoughts???
AMS700 LGX - 21cm - 12/20/22. ED issues for last 5+ years. Pills worked for a while. Injections were horrible. To date, not a fan of the implant (read my posts)

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:34 pm

Im sure my doc attached my pump to the scrotum, which he wouldn't admit, and it had flesh attached around the top and rt side. Hurt like hell to squeeze the button,but i pushed through the pain.eventually it released itself.
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

Rjm1220

Postby Rjm1220 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:41 am

Txagq8

Thanks for the reply. My concern is the pump feels as if it’s stuck inside a pocket high and tight directly under the base of my Dick. I try to pull it down but that just results in my sack getting stretched out, but the pump stays within the pocket and within a few minutes goes back up tight. I’ve tried to finagle it out of the pocket to pul it down but it’s not happening. Can’t get back in to see the Doctor until the 8th as she’s slammed (yes…i said “she”).

Rjm1220

Postby Rjm1220 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:15 pm

Leebert wrote:Im sure my doc attached my pump to the scrotum, which he wouldn't admit, and it had flesh attached around the top and rt side. Hurt like hell to squeeze the button,but i pushed through the pain.eventually it released itself.

I’m thinking the same. Why would they attach it to your scrotum? How were you able to get it free? Why would my Dr tell me to pull it down several times a day if that was the case?

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:37 pm

Mine was a preconnected unit, as maybe yours is, theres xtra tubing in the scrotum so they tack it to the sac to hold in place until more healing takes place.. mine had the scrotum tissue grow over onto the top of my pump which made it a little difficult to press the button down and was somewhat painful, but i dealt with it and grit my teeth. It took 4-5 months to release itself and once it did all was good. also my pump is tipped to the left which my left nut took some time getting use to, when the sac is cold it goes to the left, but when warm and relaxed it hangs down.
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

KeithC

Postby KeithC » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:38 pm

I had read reviews with the same complaint as yours prior to my implant surgery. I brought it up with my doctor before surgery.
He said having to dig around and pull the bulb down is a sign of an improper installation.

When he did mine he put it in the back and in the center and down low. Sometimes I think its too low. Its like a third ball but even a little lower than the other two.

I don't have any trouble finding it at least.

Rjm1220

Postby Rjm1220 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:31 pm

Update on my pump placement 3+ months post surgery…

It’s still high and tight to the underside base of my Dick. When hard and having sex, it’s part of the base of my Dick and hurts when ↔️

This is a huge issue for me. If it hurts, it’s tough to finish

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:52 pm

Rjm1220 wrote:Update on my pump placement 3+ months post surgery…

It’s still high and tight to the underside base of my Dick. When hard and having sex, it’s part of the base of my Dick and hurts when ↔️

This is a huge issue for me. If it hurts, it’s tough to finish

My pump is high and tight to the base of my penis' underside. Not enough of a problem to warrant surgery to relocate it, though. I would rather it be lower, but difficult to get authorization to move it. (It is high enough that I cannot get a vacuum cylinder to make a seal if I ever want to do vacuum therapy stretching in the future.) Not really an impediment to sex, though.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”