What does it feel like to have an implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MARKOS2018

Re: What does it feel like to have an implant?

Postby MARKOS2018 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:32 am

You nailed it once again, Merri

Insightful honest reply

Thank you
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Flounder

Postby Flounder » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:53 am

daridima wrote:nobody writes anything? nobody gives me advice? in the end i think i will do it in istanbul and use the Rigicon infla 10 ax

You might get better response if you start your own discussion to compare LGX vs Infla 10.
Your question is completely off topic to this discussion.

BTW, Infla10® is currently only in clincial trial phase in the USA. It’s not approved by the FDA for general use in this market. Most Frank Talk members from North America have no experience with it. By starting a new discussion with Infla10® in the subject line, members from Europe and APAC are more likely to notice it and offer some advice.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:59 pm

daridima wrote:nobody writes anything? nobody gives me advice? in the end i think i will do it in istanbul and use the Rigicon infla 10 ax

You should realize that the number of men currently active on FrankTalk who also have malleable implants may be fewer than the (more popular) inflatables.

There are a few threads from a couple years ago which (if you care to read past posts) describing malleables and living with them.

Do you have a SPECIFIC question?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:07 am

After I healed from the surgery my penis felt no different than before (except for the pump and tubing, which subjectively soon also felt normal). It was just like dental implants - they simp!y quickly become part of your body.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

daridima

Postby daridima » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:00 am

Flounder wrote:

You might get better response if you start your own discussion to compare LGX vs Infla 10.
Your question is completely off topic to this discussion.

BTW, Infla10® is currently only in clincial trial phase in the USA. It’s not approved by the FDA for general use in this market. Most Frank Talk members from North America have no experience with it. By starting a new discussion with Infla10® in the subject line, members from Europe and APAC are more likely to notice it and offer some advice.

I did, I created a discussion, but nobody has written anything so far: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21169&p=196353#p196353
43 years old, operated on 03 February 2023, Rigicon Infla 10 AX three-component prosthesis (model extendable by approx. 20%). Operated in Istanbul by Prof. DR. Karaman with penescrotal incision.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:59 am

daridima wrote:Hello, I am also going to have a penile prosthesis implantation before long. First of all I am undecided between ams 700 lgx and rigicon infla 10 ax, I would also like to get some more length and girth than the original one. The ams I also read so many positive opinions on this forum, but I don't know why all the clinics I am contacting suggest rigicon because it is guaranteed for life, but I can't find many testimonials about how it works.
Also I want to ask you as an ignorant person some things:
1) roughly how many times do you have to press to totally inflate the prosthesis?
2) I have seen videos that to deflate it they first press on the valve and then squeeze the penis slightly to totally deflate it, but if instead one deflates it just that much that it is no longer erect, but leaves it not totally soft, are there any problems for the prosthesis? because aesthetically the limp penis would look bigger, but more importantly you would have to pump less times to inflate it in case your girlfriend comes near (and obviously doesn't know about the prosthesis)

thank you

OK, here are my (blunt) thoughts on your questions.
Obviously you don't have an implant. You are still in the phase where you think an implant will replace your natural dick, you are worried about pumping, about women finding out you have an implant, etc. I had those thoughts as well, even though I was married at the time I did the surgery. Marriages can end, things can happen - so I was still thinking about how would it work to have sex with someone who didn't know I was implanted.
How many pumps till inflation, can you do it with one hand, can you inflate in advance and keep your erection in your jeans. Can you inflate while you give oral, etc.

A lot of those questions are not going to be important to you later on. And a lot of them are different for different people.
How many pumps to inflate? It depends on your implant's size of course. How many blows to fill a balloon? Depends on the size of the balloon and the amount of air blown each time.
In my case, I have a 24 cm Titan, one of the largest implants there is. I do about 60-70 pumps to reach full erection. But those are not full maximum pumps. If I did pump maximum amount each time, I would need fewer pumps. But I think it is faster do 65 half-pumps, than 35 full pumps. And less effort required.
For a 16 cm Titan the amount of pumps needed would be close to half.
It also depends on how hard you want it. Most people prefer not to inflate to the maximum, then of course you need fewer pumps.

Question 2 - of course you can keep a semi. Up to you. But I think you will quickly realize this is not practical. Would you want to walk around all day long with a natural semi-erection? I guess no. So why would you want a semi after you get implanted?
Quite a few people though keep a few pumps in their implant. I do this sometimes as well, but then mostly because of comfort. For some strange reason I think it is easier for me to have my foreskin stay in place if I have a few pumps in it. I also think my dick feels more natural and reacts more normally when I get aroused. I get a better "natural semi" when I have a few pumps in it than if it is totally flattened. But the downside is of course that it is larger and stiffer than when totally deflated. And sometimes I don't want that.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

daridima

Postby daridima » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:48 am

merrix wrote:
daridima wrote:Hello, I am also going to have a penile prosthesis implantation before long. First of all I am undecided between ams 700 lgx and rigicon infla 10 ax, I would also like to get some more length and girth than the original one. The ams I also read so many positive opinions on this forum, but I don't know why all the clinics I am contacting suggest rigicon because it is guaranteed for life, but I can't find many testimonials about how it works.
1) roughly how many times do you have to press to totally inflate the prosthesis?
2) I have seen videos that to deflate it they first press on the valve and then squeeze the penis slightly to totally deflate it, but if instead one deflates it just that much that it is no longer erect, but leaves it not totally soft, are there any problems for the prosthesis? because aesthetically the limp penis would look bigger, but more importantly you would have to pump less times to inflate it in case your girlfriend comes near (and obviously doesn't know about the prosthesis)

thank you

Obviously you don't have an implant. You are still in the phase where you think an implant will replace your natural dick, you are worried about pumping, about women finding out you have an implant, etc. I had those thoughts as well, even though I was married at the time I did the surgery. Marriages can end, things can happen - so I was still thinking about how would it work to have sex with someone who didn't know I was implanted.
How many pumps till inflation, can you do it with one hand, can you inflate in advance and keep your erection in your jeans. Can you inflate while you give oral, etc.

A lot of those questions are not going to be important to you later on. And a lot of them are different for different people.
How many pumps to inflate? It depends on your implant's size of course. How many blows to fill a balloon? Depends on the size of the balloon and the amount of air blown each time.
In my case, I have a 24 cm Titan, one of the largest implants there is. I do about 60-70 pumps to reach full erection. But those are not full maximum pumps. If I did pump maximum amount each time, I would need fewer pumps. But I think it is faster do 65 half-pumps, than 35 full pumps. And less effort required.
It also depends on how hard you want it. Most people prefer not to inflate to the maximum, then of course you need fewer pumps.

Question 2 - of course you can keep a semi. Up to you. But I think you will quickly realize this is not practical. Would you want to walk around all day long with a natural semi-erection? I guess no. So why would you want a semi after you get implanted?
Quite a few people though keep a few pumps in their implant. I do this sometimes as well, but then mostly because of comfort. For some strange reason I think it is easier for me to have my foreskin stay in place if I have a few pumps in it. I also think my dick feels more natural and reacts more normally when I get aroused. I get a better "natural semi" when I have a few pumps in it than if it is totally flattened. But the downside is of course that it is larger and stiffer than when totally deflated. And sometimes I don't want that.

First of all, thank you for your reply, also because in addition to this question I have tried to ask a couple of others on this forum for a week now but no one has answered in practice. I have the surgery on the 3rd of February, in Turkey because in Italy the prices they ask are crazy! The doctor I have been reading up on, and he has written 11 books on both this type of surgery and other types, always urological. The clinic is also very nice and new, but they have only been using Rigicon for 6 years, so they will implant the Rigicon infla 10 AX (equivalent to the AMS 700 LGX) guaranteed for life. They assured me in writing that any problem or revision for the rest of my life will be at their expense. I would have preferred the AMS because I see more feedback, but that's OK. For the rest, I wasn't thinking of not deflating at all to have it half hard, but to have it fuller in a natural way, obviously at a level that doesn't bother me, and also to save pumping when I get naked with a woman (less pumping, less chance of them knowing I have a prosthesis). In addition, I asked two doctors here in Italy about this subject, and they told me that almost all patients tend to squeeze the penis to totally deflate it, but in reality, it would be advisable to leave a little pressure inside, because when they are totally empty, the cylinders can assume strange folds, and in the long run, this will damage them, while if they have a little residual pressure inside, they will remain in a more cylindrical shape, and the implant is more likely to last. So I will definitely always leave a little pressure in.
43 years old, operated on 03 February 2023, Rigicon Infla 10 AX three-component prosthesis (model extendable by approx. 20%). Operated in Istanbul by Prof. DR. Karaman with penescrotal incision.

daridima

Postby daridima » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:06 pm

merrix wrote:

thank you

Hi I had the surgery 2 days ago, the penis is really very red and swollen, and it hurts, the doctor on the phone says everything is normal, you who had the surgery before me, is it true? How much better afterwards?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:35 pm

daridima wrote:Hi I had the surgery 2 days ago, the penis is really very red and swollen, and it hurts, the doctor on the phone says everything is normal, you who had the surgery before me, is it true? How much better afterwards?

I hurt for several days and ached for another week or two. Your pain tolerance may vary.

After three weeks, I felt 98% normal.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:56 am

daridima wrote:
Hi I had the surgery 2 days ago, the penis is really very red and swollen, and it hurts, the doctor on the phone says everything is normal, you who had the surgery before me, is it true? How much better afterwards?

Two days is nothing.
I had bad pain for at least two weeks, even three.
Struggled to stand up for the first week.
My dick was swollen, my scrotum was swollen.
What you have to do now is just rest.
Don't touch anything, don't do anything unless your doctor tells you so.
Just accept that you are going to have a few weeks, even months, ahead of you with healing.
LS said above he was 98% normal after a few weeks.
I was not.
I would say I was 98% normal after a few months.
We're all different. Just be prepared for a rough recovery and everything better than that is a bonus.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”