Would you get an implant if you were in my situation?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bwtbbb

Would you get an implant if you were in my situation?

Postby Bwtbbb » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:28 am

Mid 20s.

Peyronie's disease following injury that causes curvature of 35 degrees to the left at the base, and sometimes pain, and also have pain on the opposite side which got injured too.

Mild erectile dysfunction (can get fully hard but requires constant visual and physical stimulation to stay fully hard).

Lose sleep due to painful erections, that also cause involuntary uncomfortable pelvic clenching (both the left and the right of my penis are injured, and I have to sleep on my sides, so one side is stretched painfully during erections if get too many).

Pills help with erectile dysfunction but cause much more painful night erections so much more likely to lose sleep and/or be painful in the morning.

Unable to have sex unless standing up, with partner on high surface, and done gently (by the way erectile dysfunction is slightly worse when standing).

Penis is very fragile, so partner can't touch it with hands, usually need to recover for at least 5 days after gentle sex, or much longer if I get another reinjury. I will have to ask any partner not to touch it and I will be on edge.

Unable to do anything sexual while sitting or lying down. This is a big problem to me because I can't even relax.

Girth was already way below average and has worsened slightly.

Length has decreased about an inch due to curvature which would mostly or fully come back with implant.

Mild burning pain if eat a lot of carbs or any sugar.

If I don't have a strong erection, I will have instant premature ejaculation and a brief sharp pain.

I have hard flaccid so traction doesn't seem to be an option for me as it will contract and harden if I try.

Reinjuries make all of the above much worse for several months. My most recent reinjury was caused by merely sitting back slightly in my chair while masturbating instead of staying upright.

An implant should fix all of the above and may allow me to enjoy my youth, but I'm worried that I will miss out on a better Peyronie's cure if an implant does so much damage that I will be ineligible for the other cure. Another concern is whether the implant does so much damage that I will at one point be ineligible for a revision (Dr Eid recommends limiting to 3 or 4 surgeries).
Last edited by Bwtbbb on Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

fade3W

Re: Would you get an implant if you were in my situation?

Postby fade3W » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:37 am

Sounds similar to me. I had very rapid onset of peyronies and within a few weeks was up to a 70° curve to the right with narrowing. Also had pain, which was enhanced by sugar/carbs like you. Traction made it worse. Pentox helped with pain I guess, could’ve just been time passing.

I could get an erection but they were useless. Woke up with painful erections and my only sexual activity was solo masturbation and an occasional delicate BJ.

Didn’t read any success stories with xiaflex, did research on excision/grafting but was scared of that as well. All signs pointed to an eventual implant, and I hadn’t had sex in a year so I decided to change that and get an implant.

Worried about revisions, sure, but peyronies is gone and I’m having sex. Still with morning wood even with the implant. No more pain.
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:56 pm

Don’t show haw old you are and not sure where you’re located,but Dr Clavel in Houston specializes in pyronies and many other complications with ED. I would definitely set an appointment with him to discuss options and what he would think the results of an implant would do, and go from there. For sure a viable option sooner or later so why not sooner so you can get on with your life .
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:16 pm

Rider1400 wrote:Don’t show haw old you are and not sure where you’re located,but Dr Clavel in Houston specializes in pyronies and many other complications with ED. I would definitely set an appointment with him to discuss options and what he would think the results of an implant would do, and go from there. For sure a viable option sooner or later so why not sooner so you can get on with your life .

I have spoken with Dr. Eid and I am confident that an implant would fix all of my issues but the concerns I listed are holding me back

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:41 pm

I'm on the same boat, I have penis fibrosis and my erections are getting worse, at least I masturbate and have orgasms, but sex right now would be too risky. I have a girlfriend who prefers to have just oral than an implant, so have an implant to have sex with other women but at what price?, possible complications like infection, floppy glans, erosion, urethra perforation, chronic pain, lack of sensitivity..... this is a nightmare.
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:51 pm

Bwtbbb wrote:
Rider1400 wrote:Don’t show haw old you are and not sure where you’re located,but Dr Clavel in Houston specializes in pyronies and many other complications with ED. I would definitely set an appointment with him to discuss options and what he would think the results of an implant would do, and go from there. For sure a viable option sooner or later so why not sooner so you can get on with your life .

I have spoken with Dr. Eid and I am confident that an implant would fix all of my issues but the concerns I listed are holding me back

One of your concerns is the future of peyronies treatments. There doesn’t seem to be much on the horizon for that. There’s the recent development that was posted on this site about pig penises, but there’s a lot of time until it’ll be available to humans and even then, do you want to be one of the first guys getting a new cure? To me, it seems it’ll be easier for implants to improve than for a new Peyronie’s cure to come about and be readily available to us.
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:54 pm

There won't find a cure for Peroynes ever, the reality is that you and I have only two options, accept your dick or Implant
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:06 pm

Nobody can decide for you but you. I only know about peyronies from what I've read. Btw, I've read that an inflatable implant is considered the gold standard for peyronies treatment. Also, you're in luck. Two very common implants treat peyronies. The Titan is one & the CX is the other.
Do a bit of research on FT. You'll find several doctors that treat peyronies successfully mentioned here. Do not use a low skilled surgeon. You are not a typical ED patient.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:53 pm

Bwtbbb wrote:Mid 20s.

Peyronie's disease following injury that causes curvature of 35 degrees to the left at the base, and sometimes pain, and also have pain on the opposite side which got injured too.

Mild erectile dysfunction (can get fully hard but requires constant visual and physical stimulation to stay fully hard).

Lose sleep due to painful erections, that also cause involuntary uncomfortable pelvic clenching (both the left and the right of my penis are injured, and I have to sleep on my sides, so one side is stretched painfully during erections if get too many).

Pills help with erectile dysfunction but cause much more painful night erections so much more likely to lose sleep and/or be painful in the morning.

Unable to have sex unless standing up, with partner on high surface, and done gently (by the way erectile dysfunction is slightly worse when standing).

Penis is very fragile, so partner can't touch it with hands, usually need to recover for at least 5 days after gentle sex, or much longer if I get another reinjury. I will have to ask any partner not to touch it and I will be on edge.

Unable to do anything sexual while sitting or lying down. This is a big problem to me because I can't even relax.

Girth was already way below average and has worsened slightly.

Length has decreased about an inch due to curvature which would mostly or fully come back with implant.

Mild burning pain if eat a lot of carbs or any sugar.

If I don't have a strong erection, I will have instant premature ejaculation and a brief sharp pain.

I have hard flaccid so traction doesn't seem to be an option for as it will contract and harden if I try.

Reinjuries make all of the above much worse for several months. My most recent reinjury was caused by merely sitting back slightly in my chair while masturbating instead of staying upright.

An implant should fix all of the above and may allow me to enjoy my youth, but I'm worried that I will miss out on a better Peyronie's cure if an implant does so much damage that I will be ineligible for the other cure. Another concern is whether the implant does so much damage that I will at one point be ineligible for a revision (Dr Eid recommends limiting to 3 or 4 surgeries).

Also, I don't have a girlfriend and masturbation is ok if I'm careful, so an implant would be a waste if I can't get a girlfriend. However it would make it way more likely that I could get one. Still not guaranteed though as my social skills are not great. I am unhappy and I think a girlfriend would make me happy.

My conditions were less drastic than yours, but I opted for an implant.

I did not have Peyronie's Disease nor pain with erections etc. I was also approaching 70 years of age. But my erectile performance was dismal and it did not matter to me that I had no sexual partner at the time, I wanted to restore erectile function whether or not I was going to use it. And I hoped to have a girlfriend in the future (actually started advertising for one to be my "lab partner" leading up to the implant and beyond).

Oral medications had ceased working (but in your case, even if they did work, would be unsatisfactory).

I did start using a vacuum erection device therapeutically to avoid atrophy and size loss. You might find it helpful even if it is painful.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:19 pm

Here is the real deal: it’s not what I or anyone else on the board thinks. It’s whether your doctor thinks it will solve the problem and whether or not you are willing to try it.

If you have really bad Peyronie’s, and it is impairing your sex life, and no other method will provide good results, and your doctor says things can be resolved with an implant, then this is a no-brainer.

If the Peyronie’s is annoying but not causing sexual difficult, different answer. If the Peyronie’s is causing sexual difficulty but there are other treatments which offer a satisfactory outcome, different answer. If a doctor doesn’t think an implant would solve problem, different answer.

I’ve talked to guys on here with Peyronie’s who had implants and it fixed things up. Most or all of them had ED issues as well. I’m not an expert on all things Peyronie’s since I never had it so I can’t swear that an implant is always a fix. That’s why you (or your insurance carrier) pays good money to a doctor. For expert advice.

I really like my implant. It was definitely the final solution to years of ED. I’ll support any other guy going thru the process. But like getting married, having kids, buying a house….the decision to get an implant can’t be taken lightly. There’s no changing your mind and going back to the way we were.

Talk to your doctor. Ask lots of questions. Listen to the answers. Your brain will tell you if it’s the best option or not.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”