My dick is giving me mixed signals

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
drayan123

My dick is giving me mixed signals

Postby drayan123 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:15 pm

I’ve been diagnosed with venous leak but however sometimes I get rock hard which stays for good amount of time but also majority of the times it is soft. It’s playing with my head so much because I get hard which stays for good 1 minute without stimulation and also goes soft

GoodWood

Re: My dick is giving me mixed signals

Postby GoodWood » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:43 am

I identify with you man. My ED crept up on me. In hindsight I found myself not using condoms when I should have because it made it too difficult to keep my erection. And I sometimes found that I was penetrating too quickly and thrusting too hard and fast for my partners liking, but I needed a LOT of physical stimulation to keep my erection.

My ED has progressed even further now and I STILL occasionally get an erection, briefly, that seems hard enough for penetration. But it doesn’t last long enough to get the job done without a cock ring and a shot of Trimix.

I’m running out of patience with shots and I’m thinking seriously of an implant this year. Even though I still get partial erections that are firm enough for masturbation (although not firm enough for sex with a partner). I’d like the spontaneity back to be hard whenever I want. Shots can’t do that for me. Planning is involved. But an implant can.

But I get where you are coming from. A partially functioning dick is STILL ED. If it functions well enough without any meds great. If not, then you have options.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:09 am

drayan123 wrote:I’ve been diagnosed with venous leak but however sometimes I get rock hard which stays for good amount of time but also majority of the times it is soft. It’s playing with my head so much because I get hard which stays for good 1 minute without stimulation and also goes soft

Goodwood's experience is identical to mine.

In my late 20s I discovered that, in order to maintain an erection during coitus, I had to keep stimulating. So much so that orgasm became inevitable. Threading the needle between enough to stay erect and not enough to make me orgasm became more difficult as that "window" became narrowerr and narrower over the next four decades.

Finally, I got over being embarrassed to bring this up with my primary care physician and when I found out I would be eligible for an implant, I did not hesitate to investigate thoroughly and get the ball rolling.

How old are you, by the way?

Do not let it "play with your head". That way lies madness. Recognnize and accept your condition, develop a plan of action to deal with it and GET GOING. Action disperses depression remarkably well.

Blessings on your journey.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:09 am

drayan123 wrote:I’ve been diagnosed with venous leak but however sometimes I get rock hard which stays for good amount of time but also majority of the times it is soft. It’s playing with my head so much because I get hard which stays for good 1 minute without stimulation and also goes soft

The venous leak measurement is just a simple tool doctors use. It measures how much blood goes in and how quickly it leaves. What if the signals from your brain to your penis are weak or what if you never feel aroused because you’re depressed or have bad hormones. It dosnt really help with that.

ED is degenerative because if you never get an erection scare tissue forms and your penis permanently shrinks. If you do get erections but they arnt usable for sex they may prevent this from happening. So for you, you have to decide if your going to wait and hopefully get better or if your better off with the implant.

AtxGuy

Postby AtxGuy » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:18 am

I had a similar thing. I’d get rock hard morning erections that would last as long as I stayed on my back and didn’t try to use them. I put off doing an implant because I thought I wasn’t that far gone yet. After a couple of years of barely any sex (because my wife knew it wasn’t going to succeed), I bit the bullet and got implanted a week and a half ago.
Even though I’m still in pain and haven’t used it yet, I finally have hope again. I wish I’d done this years ago so that my relationship wouldn’t have been so stressed.
54 years old, ED since early 20s. Natural 5.4”L, 4.75”G. VED 2 months prepping. Implanted 12/27/22 by Dr Kansas in Austin. AMS LGX 18cm+3cmRTE infrapubic

drayan123

Postby drayan123 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:37 am

Lost Sheep wrote:

In my late 20s I discovered that, in order to maintain an erection during coitus, I had to keep stimulating. So much so that orgasm became inevitable. Threading the needle between enough to stay erect and not enough to make me orgasm became more difficult as that "window" became narrowerr and narrower over the next four decades.

Finally, I got over being embarrassed to bring this up with my primary care physician and when I found out I would be eligible for an implant, I did not hesitate to investigate thoroughly and get the ball rolling.

Do not let it "play with your head". That way lies madness. Recognnize and accept your condition, develop a plan of action to deal with it and GET GOING. Action disperses depression remarkably well.

Thanks for ur message bro I’m 20

drayan123

Postby drayan123 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:38 am

GoodWood wrote:I identify with you man. My ED crept up on me. In hindsight I found myself not using condoms when I should have because it made it too difficult to keep my erection. And I sometimes found that I was penetrating too quickly and thrusting too hard and fast for my partners liking, but I needed a LOT of physical stimulation to keep my erection.

My ED has progressed even further now and I STILL occasionally get an erection, briefly, that seems hard enough for penetration. But it doesn’t last long enough to get the job done without a cock ring and a shot of Trimix.

I’m running out of patience with shots and I’m thinking seriously of an implant this year. Even though I still get partial erections that are firm enough for masturbation (although not firm enough for sex with a partner). I’d like the spontaneity back to be hard whenever I want. Shots can’t do that for me. Planning is involved. But an implant can.

But I get where you are coming from. A partially functioning dick is STILL ED. If it functions well enough without any meds great. If not, then you have options.

Stay strong my brother

HikerMan

Postby HikerMan » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:14 am

Lost Sheep wrote:

Excellent advice.
It's 2019
I'm 52, my sex life was great -In fact my wife bragged to me she could do chin-ups off the "bar" and I couldn't be happier.
Fast forward to 2021, I get my PSA back and it reads 5.3.
At my age my PSA should be no higher than 3.5.
Do the full scan and sure enough...Prostate Cancer.

Radical Prostatectomy with Nerve sparing performed shortly after and I'm basically rendered impotent after surgery.
Some engorgement, but everything is "squishy"
(Think of a banana that's turned black)
That was my "erection"
Tried pills, VED, shots, etc... Very little results

Brutal cold reality to realize you've been benched forever.
Implant was the only viable option.

Now that I've pulled the trigger I couldn't be happier.
As I write this I'm a little over 2 weeks post op.

My wife and I are like little kids on Christmas morning.
I'm about 10 days away from the Doctor's appointment.where (hopefully) I will
Be given the green light

I literally CAN'T WAiT! LOL!
Best decision I've ever made.

Bar none.
AMS 700 installed 12/22/22
REAR TIP Extender 5.0CM MR Conditional
AMS 700 SPHERICAL RESERVOIR 100 ML.
AMS 700 LGX INFRA PUBIC 18 cm
Dr. Jeffrey Loh Doyle- USC KECK
Prostate cancer survivor- RP performed 8/20
56, Marathon runner, John Muir Trail fanatic.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 am

every single thing that those brothers mentioned in the above posts, was me.

One brother wrote about how he could get a farm erection on his back. Ditto. So, my favorite playtime go to was receiving oral sex on my back. I understand now that what I was doing, was squeezing my butt cheeks and doing that “Kegel“ pelvic tightening thing. Years ago, I was a military pilot and in-flight would wear a G suit. I was basically doing the same thing. By forcing pressure in my nether regions, I was keeping blood pumped into my penis. However, as soon as we were change positions, and the pressure was released, I would lose my erection. In my younger days, I absolutely loved doing it doggy style. That went away.

Like another brother mentioned, his wife became unsatisfied because of his vigorous and rapid pumping. Trying to get to the end game before he would lose his erection. I actually think that had something to do with my impending divorce as my wife would become critical of my “technique“, something which she had never complained about in the years prior to my ED.

I would still get the occasional nighttime erection, occasionally the Trimix would help me get it good and hard for a solid 30 minutes, but because I like to play more than 30 minutes, typically, I would feel my heart sink as my erection went away. Playtime over.

I consulted with Dr. PERITO about my condition. It was his office diagnosed my venous leakage. I did not choose him as my surgeon, I chose Dr. Clavel. But what Dr. PERITO said really struck home:

“The penile implant will not make your dick shorter. What will make your dick shorter is ED itself! The day you have your last direction is the day your dick officially begins to shrink”. And of course I learned that once in his trunk, no implant is probably going to regain that length.

As I write this, I am four days out from my own surgery. I am pleased that I was fortunate enough to catch this while I still had “some“ function. In my opinion, having “some function“ as opposed to not having had any function for a considerable period is by far the better option. Hell man, I’m not kidding when I say that now at only three days in, not only am I not having any pain, but the occasional erotic thought is leading to me feeling “the tingle“ down in my dick. You know, that feeling you get when you’re just starting to get aroused. That little buzz or mild tickle. It’s still there!

so, I’m only four days in. I’m just kind of holding my breath for the first six weeks, laying on my back, keeping ice on my package. Which, by the way, has had a remarkable effect. I’ve read some posts here on Frank talk about guys with balls as big as oranges or grapefruits, I have iced persistently, and I have almost no swelling or bruising.

Anyway. I just wanted to chime in and extend you my best wishes. Those are my two cents, for what it’s worth.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Return to “Implants”