ams700 pumping issue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
igotquestions

ams700 pumping issue

Postby igotquestions » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:21 pm

Hey guys, got permission to start cycling. Yesterday i got activated and my urologist managed with hard difficulty to use the pump because the pump is hard as a rock, even he said my pump is quite hard.
So today i tried for an hour or so and i just cant seem to get it to work. I use almost double the force than for the pump model he gave me home and nothing is happening.
my technique right now is gripping the below the "box" with my other hand to keep it stable and use thumb and index finger to press, also tried with 3 fingers and from all kind of different angles.

really frustrating cause i lost a lot of length and wanna start cycling asap.

wondering if this is normal and what i should do. i tried with hot shower today, i heard hot bath might be a good idea.

thank you guys
31yo, german, ed since i was 14 old after a sports accident. implanted with model AMS700 11.11.2022 by Dr.Osmonov in Germany.

Lost Sheep

Re: ams700 pumping issue

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:17 pm

With my AMS pump, the first squeeze (sometimes the first two) are much harder than subsequent ones. This is because the valve needs to be kicked over to inflate mode and that is an extra task for the squeeze.

Do you think that is what is happening with your pump bulb?

Once you get the pump bulb to "pop" the valve into inflate mode, subsequent squeezes should be much easier, getting harder/firmer as the implant gets inflated to 100% erection.

I have observed this with my implant: The force required to dent the implant in my penis is be about equal to the force required to dent the pump bulb, after the valve is in inflate mode.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

igotquestions

Postby igotquestions » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:00 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:With my AMS pump, the first squeeze (sometimes the first two) are much harder than subsequent ones. This is because the valve needs to be kicked over to inflate mode and that is an extra task for the squeeze.

Do you think that is what is happening with your pump bulb?

yeap, most likely that. but iam pressing really hard and quickly, it just doesnt pop. will take a long hot bath tomorrow to see if that will soften it a little bit, if not ill go see my urologist next week again. the model is super easy to press but cant even get it done on mine with 3 fingers.
31yo, german, ed since i was 14 old after a sports accident. implanted with model AMS700 11.11.2022 by Dr.Osmonov in Germany.

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:44 pm

igotquestions wrote:Hey guys, got permission to start cycling. Yesterday i got activated and my urologist managed with hard difficulty to use the pump because the pump is hard as a rock, even he said my pump is quite hard.
So today i tried for an hour or so and i just cant seem to get it to work. I use almost double the force than for the pump model he gave me home and nothing is happening.
my technique right now is gripping the below the "box" with my other hand to keep it stable and use thumb and index finger to press, also tried with 3 fingers and from all kind of different angles.

wondering if this is normal and what i should do. i tried with hot shower today, i heard hot bath might be a good idea.

thank you guys

Did the urologist manage to inflate the implant totally yesterday? How was the erection? Did you lose a lot of length?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

KeithC

Postby KeithC » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:13 pm

I have a AMS 700CX but have only had it for 11 weeks now. I find the bulb a little too hard as well. Not sure why it needs to be such a hard rubber type material. Especially since I’ve had a sore scrotum on and off since the procedure. It’s sore exactly where I need to squeeze to activate unfortunately. Mine isn’t that hard to activate but as it gets erect it gets pretty damn hard to pump. Hopefully it gets better with more use and healing. I guess this is no help to you but just sharing my experience. Good luck.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:50 pm

igotquestions wrote:Hey guys, got permission to start cycling. Yesterday i got activated and my urologist managed with hard difficulty to use the pump because the pump is hard as a rock, even he said my pump is quite hard.

thank you guys

No not take hot baths unless you are released by your doctor to do so. You are still at risk for infection. I had good luck with a heating pad. Others have used hot water bottles. One man even posted he would use a counter top (bathroom?) and the heel of his hand to smash the bulb for the first time to get the valve to fully switch.

Good luck.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

KeithC

Postby KeithC » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:25 pm

newbie443 wrote:

thank you guys

No not take hot baths unless you are released by your doctor to do so. You are still at risk for infection. I had good luck with a heating pad. Others have used hot water bottles. One man even posted he would use a counter top (bathroom?) and the heel of his hand to smash the bulb for the first time to get the valve to fully switch.

Good luck.

That sounds painful as hell! He must have a leather scrotum! Oh hell no

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:36 pm

I could not squeeze mine either. The doc did my first erection at 4 weeks. The pain put me through the roof. You can not squeeze it because your brain knows it will hurt. I did use my hot tub after I was cleared at 106 degree to separate the pump from my left nut, but still couldn't get my brain to tell my hand to squeeze it. My doc said to hold the pump by the tubes. Squeeze between the center of the bulb and the valve block. I position the bulb between my thumb and the second joint of my index finger. ALSO, I agree with lost. The first pump that also sets the valve takes twice the pressure as subsequent squeezes.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:42 am

I hope my experience, which sounds somewhat similar to yours, will make you less worried.

I went back on the 3rd morning after surgery for them to remove my drain and look at the surgery, incision, swelling, etc. I was bruised pretty badly. I didn’t ice like I should (I never do, I hate ice on my skin), it felt better to deflate from about half inflated. The doctor said I could start cycling and he had the PA give me some instruction on inflating and deflating.

Shawn the PA told me that it was important to make sure I was fully deflated because early on I might only feel the pump on the very first squeeze. After that it felt like I was squeezing a rock. He suggested that I continue to squeeze/release pump because even if I didn’t feel it in the pump I was moving fluid. Truth be known I could tell I was moving fluid because I could feel penis expanding and stretching even though I wasn’t getting any reaction from bulb itself.

I used a scissor like grip of bulb using left thumb and forefinger. Then I would use right hand to squeeze the thumb and forefinger together, then release.

Even after 3 years I usually feel the bulb give and
expand for first 15-30 squeezes. I keep pumping, sometimes 60 or 70 squeezes. I can feel the cylinders expand and stretch so I know I’m moving fluid. As the cylinders approach capacity it doesn’t take much fluid to raise cylinder pressures and make them hard. Also the erection angle improves from pumping that many squeezes.

I doubt that any AMS pump is ever going to be real soft and flexible. However, my experience proves that you do not have to see much bulb reaction for it to do what it is supposed to do.

As for your model, it was helpful for me-sort of like a security blanket-to be able to orient myself with pump and know where deflate button was. Early on with swelling and edema my biggest fear was I’d get it inflated but wouldn’t be able to find and operate deflate button. The model, however, is not connected to cylinders and is not sitting in your scrotum. It isn’t very useful as an example of how operating the pump actually feels.

Good luck!
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

KeithC

Postby KeithC » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:07 am

Txagq8 wrote:I hope my experience, which sounds somewhat similar to yours, will make you less worried.

I went back on the 3rd morning after surgery for them to remove my drain and look at the surgery, incision, swelling, etc. I was bruised pretty badly. I didn’t ice like I should (I never do, I hate ice on my skin), it felt better to deflate from about half inflated. The doctor said I could start cycling and he had the PA give me some instruction on inflating and deflating.

Shawn the PA told me that it was important to make sure I was fully deflated because early on I might only feel the pump on the very first squeeze. After that it felt like I was squeezing a rock. He suggested that I continue to squeeze/release pump because even if I didn’t feel it in the pump I was moving fluid. Truth be known I could tell I was moving fluid because I could feel penis expanding and stretching even though I wasn’t getting any reaction from bulb itself.

I used a scissor like grip of bulb using left thumb and forefinger. Then I would use right hand to squeeze the thumb and forefinger together, then release.

Even after 3 years I usually feel the bulb give and
expand for first 15-30 squeezes. I keep pumping, sometimes 60 or 70 squeezes. I can feel the cylinders expand and stretch so I know I’m moving fluid. As the cylinders approach capacity it doesn’t take much fluid to raise cylinder pressures and make them hard. Also the erection angle improves from pumping that many squeezes.

I doubt that any AMS pump is ever going to be real soft and flexible. However, my experience proves that you do not have to see much bulb reaction for it to do what it is supposed to do.

As for your model, it was helpful for me-sort of like a security blanket-to be able to orient myself with pump and know where deflate button was. Early on with swelling and edema my biggest fear was I’d get it inflated but wouldn’t be able to find and operate deflate button. The model, however, is not connected to cylinders and is not sitting in your scrotum. It isn’t very useful as an example of how operating the pump actually feels.

Good luck!

60 or 70 pumps? Holy cow! Are you sure that thing is working right? I’ve only had mine for 11 weeks and I’ve never pumped half of that.

Return to “Implants”