42 considering implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dent4ever

42 considering implant

Postby Dent4ever » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:05 pm

Hello All,

First post on FrankTalk, I've reached out and got some good support through Pm's, asked questions and researched endlessly to be able to make an informed decision as this is the final frontier so to say -no going back. Ive also had a very informative and supportive phone conversation and Ive held off posting as I've been active on some other forums that don't seem to offer as much as FT, Im super thankful! So besides what's in my signature, a bit about me: Mya ailments started over a decade ago, post a 2-3 week propecia stint and I noticed a kink in my erections one day that would straighten out on full erection. Ive had 2 dopplers and both docs, Dr Goldstein in SD said I have scarring -several others looked at the doppler said it was bs, he sold me on several P-shots and advised trimix and shockwaves. Second doc recently did another after my semi erect indents got worse along with pain said I have nothing and tried to give me pills again. Ive tried every pill and they give me flushes and feel like crap as I need full dose and my erections still suck. In hindsight Ive NEVER been able to have woman on top because the blood leaks back out.. So I thought VL, but tests showed Im fine there. My NTE's are always 30-70% semi chubby as since Ive had this scarring it just doesn't let the blood fully fill my dick so I think the lack of full erections has progressively made my ED worse to the point where my glans fills with blood when aroused very quick and the shaft cannot without physical manipulation. I am sore 50% of time when fully erect and I can't hold a hard on for long when I'm on my back or standing up for long even w pills. If I can still get an erection, am I insane for taking the plunge for a Titan in my early 40's?? My biggest concern are the inevitable revisions.. Ive gotten TONS of good responses on PM's and for that Im grateful plus the friends I'm making alone the way -not to mention the mental support. Im just trying to get as much as possible, I travel a lot and I guess I'm just afraid of it malfunctioning then having to come back on the spot for a revision. I have zero issues with being bionic or telling women or any of that.. just the revisions! :D
42 M. Mild peyronies like symptoms for well over a decade. Mostly related to PFS syndrome I believe. Seriously considering an Implant. Trying to mentally accept the situation, Pills barely work and trimix gel doesn't work, tried injections -hated it.

Txagq8

Re: 42 considering implant

Postby Txagq8 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:35 pm

Good luck with whatever route you choose.

I fought ED from age 29 or thereabouts until I implanted at age 63.

Knowing what I know now, if they had had the LGX in 1987-88 I would have had one installed, revisions be damned.

There are no guarantees in life except sooner or later (hopefully later) it ends. Make the best use of whatever time the creator has allocated. If it quits after 3 or 8 or 15 years, get another one.

Mine is starting its fourth year. Today actually marks 3 years since I was installed. Let’s hope mine lasts another 13 years. Then I’ll have a new one installed for my 80th birthday.

I think if you get past a year or two without mechanical issues, the outlook for longevity of the device is pretty decent. Most doctors say an average of about ten years, which means some quit early and others last well beyond that.

You ultimately have to decide what’s best for you…and although success stories for some and problems for others are influencers….you have to do what YOU think best.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Mr.Wiff

Postby Mr.Wiff » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:37 pm

You touched a sweet spot. I’m 49 and had it done and the revisions scare the crap out of mo. Hoping I don’t need one for 16 years. Only upside is I think if you have it awhile before most end up with a larger implant lol. Seriously I agree. I had no other option. I had so much scar tissue the doc said he was able to push through without removing much of it. I looked at the malleble device but personally being hard all day sounds painful
tried the pills limited success , trimix for 6 years . trimix failed due to heavy scarring .Bionic date 12/8. Titan 22cm plus 1 rte. 49 years old. Dr.Sadeghi-Nejad in NJ

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:52 pm

Welcome to FT Dent-
Don't let the slim possibility of a revision or failure deter your decision. Think of it this way- if you had to get a knee replacement and something happened to it in a couple years, wouldn't you get that fixed?
Hope you can move forward. Best of luck.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Dent4ever

Postby Dent4ever » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:58 pm

Thank you all, I really appreciate all the insight and encouragement!
42 M. Mild peyronies like symptoms for well over a decade. Mostly related to PFS syndrome I believe. Seriously considering an Implant. Trying to mentally accept the situation, Pills barely work and trimix gel doesn't work, tried injections -hated it.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:44 pm

My dad got implanted when these things were new technology in 1970s at 74. He still had it when he passed away with a heart attack at 86. Very early model and lasted 12 years servicing many widow ladies lined up at his door.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Alan67

Postby Alan67 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:52 am

Well most stories are positive and if you do it it will probably go well. However, you should know that sometimes it does not go well. I had mine put in 8 and a half months ago and I have soreness and discomfort everyday. It's worse for several days after sex or masterbation so I unfortunately have to limit sexual activity. There's nothing in particular wrong. Something foreign was put into my body next to all of those nerve endings and muscles and my body just couldn't adjust to it. I'm trying physical therapy now and I take a lot of ibuprofen. To the best of my knowledge I will never be without this daily discomfort and mild pain (fortunately it's usually more just discomfort so long as I don't have sex). Again, this goes well for most people and statistically it will probably go well for you too. But you should be aware that it can end in disaster.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:08 am

Alan67 wrote:Well most stories are positive and if you do it it will probably go well. However, you should know that sometimes it does not go well. I had mine put in 8 and a half months ago and I have soreness and discomfort everyday. It's worse for several days after sex or masterbation so I unfortunately have to limit sexual activity. There's nothing in particular wrong. Something foreign was put into my body next to all of those nerve endings and muscles and my body just couldn't adjust to it. I'm trying physical therapy now and I take a lot of ibuprofen. To the best of my knowledge I will never be without this daily discomfort and mild pain (fortunately it's usually more just discomfort so long as I don't have sex). Again, this goes well for most people and statistically it will probably go well for you too. But you should be aware that it can end in disaster.

Alan, Still get sore when I use mine. It was worse up to 1 year but would never go back to the stubby I had after the RP>
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:56 am

Alan67 wrote:Well most stories are positive and if you do it it will probably go well. However, you should know that sometimes it does not go well. I had mine put in 8 and a half months ago and I have soreness and discomfort everyday. It's worse for several days after sex or masterbation so I unfortunately have to limit sexual activity. There's nothing in particular wrong. Something foreign was put into my body next to all of those nerve endings and muscles and my body just couldn't adjust to it. I'm trying physical therapy now and I take a lot of ibuprofen. To the best of my knowledge I will never be without this daily discomfort and mild pain (fortunately it's usually more just discomfort so long as I don't have sex). Again, this goes well for most people and statistically it will probably go well for you too. But you should be aware that it can end in disaster.

Hey Alan sorry to hear that. Where do you feel the discomfort the most? In what area? I had some pain in my urethra and frequent urination some times ago(not related to implant) but it was hell. Thank god I got it fixed. Now what you are saying is making me afraid of getting the implant ,I don't want to deal again with it
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

Alan67

Postby Alan67 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:22 am

For me it seems to have set off pelvic floor problems that I didn't have before and I also have discomfort in my right side groin and abdominal area. I was probably predisposed to this and the implant surgery set it off. Statistically this will probably go well for you so by no means am I saying not to do it but I just feel that you should hear the negative along with all of the positive stories. SOMETHING I DO WANT TO STRESS, IF YOU HAVE THE PROCEDURE, GET A DOCTOR WHO HAS DONE A LOT OF THEM SUCCESSFULLY.

Return to “Implants”