Implant + TEP procedure Journal - 34yr old Australian

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AverageBloke

Re: Implant + TEP procedure Journal - 34yr old Australian

Postby AverageBloke » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:42 am

You will be fine.

It all depends on distal and proximal measurements. Dr Clavell told me he uses RTE's in some patients and no RTE's in others.

The 22cm Titan is the exact same as the 24, 26 & 28.

Titan 22cm provides maximum diameter of 22mm each cylinder and 24,26,28 provides maximum diameter of 22.1mm each cylinder.

Dr Eid also uses RTE's on some of his patients, it is written in some franktalk member signatures.
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:13 am

AverageBloke wrote:You will be fine.

It all depends on distal and proximal measurements. Dr Clavell told me he uses RTE's in some patients and no RTE's in others.

Titan 22cm provides maximum diameter of 22mm each cylinder and 24,26,28 provides maximum diameter of 22.1mm each cylinder.

Dr Eid also uses RTE's on some of his patients, it is written in some franktalk member signatures.

Thanks, appreciate it. I've just read a lot of negative user experiences with RTEs. I also read that the Titan 24, 26 and 28 are XL andprovide extra girth, butnot sure how true this is.
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

AverageBloke

Postby AverageBloke » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:44 pm

aussiePeyronies wrote:

Thanks, appreciate it. I've just read a lot of negative user experiences with RTEs. I also read that the Titan 24, 26 and 28 are XL andprovide extra girth, butnot sure how true this is.

Not true. You can call coloplast and ask for yourself.

The difference is 0.1mm between the 22 and 24,26,28 range.
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:45 pm

AverageBloke wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:

Not true. You can call coloplast and ask for yourself.

The difference is 0.1mm between the 22 and 24,26,28 range.

Thanks appreciate it, dont know how all this misinformation gets spread.
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:14 pm

Day 11 Update:

I think the swelling has gone down by about 20%. Pain is about the same, painful but bearable with pain killers. Keep in mind I had the TEP procedure done as well, so my recovery may be a little longer and more painful than others.

Now, I'd like to talk about how I have been mentally. I read a lot of journals where people initially regret their implant, they think "what have I done", become stressed about size etc. This wasn't me, I knew what to expect. However, I have been very overcautious and overthinking every little thing. For example, the fact that my surgeon used a titan 22cm +2.5cm RTE had me very disappointed. This is due to all the negative reviews on RTEs as well as the following video by Dr Eid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGBMccEQERw the video portrays a man with a 22cm titan +4cm RTE, his erection is wobbly, Dr Eid then installs a 26cm Titan, the end result is a rigid, solid, erection. To note, in the video, the patient has 4cms in RTEs, mine are 2.5cm. I also read somewhere that the 24cm Titans provide additional girth, I have no learnt that this is a myth, I think they expand slightly more than a 22cm but the difference is negligible. My surgeon is probably the highest volume surgeon in Australia, he initially advised that he dislikes using RTEs, thus, I could not understand why he would use 2.5cm RTEs, he said it was because with a 24cm, there would have been pump placement issues. I received this message from a user on FT which helped put things at ease:

"Dog ears happen when the early stiff cylinders bend. Take an empty paper towel cardboard hollow center and bend it. The tube flattens at the bend and there are sharp points on opposite sides. As the cylinders soften with use the dog ears will go away or greatly reduce. The stiffer the cylinders the greater risk of the problem. As far as RTE's it is considered best say some top doctors to use as little as possible. The doctor that did my first surgery and the well-known NY doctor listed above and there are others. The "main" reason for using RTE's is to bridge the gap between the available cylinder sizes. But it is not the only reason. If the proximal corpora cannot be dilated enough for the cylinder and tube from the pump to be inserted or if the doctor wants the location where the tubing from the pump attaches to the cylinder to be at the corporatomy, then RTE's are used.

When I first read OP I thought to myself the explanation given by the doctor was one that sounded like preconnected cylinders were used and the doctor did not want to splice. Not sure about Coloplast but AMS 700 cylinders come in pre-connected tubing and also in cut to fit tubing during surgery. My LGX was cut to fit. But Coloplast has more problems with tubing failures I can see why preconnected tubing would be used. It seems to me that a doctor that dose agree with the published data that less RTE's are better, would use them only for a real need. That need was stated by him as pump placement. The preconnected tubing was too short to use the longer cylinder. It would have resulted in a high pump that would have been very difficult to operate. The tubing could be cut and spliced like my doctor and other doctors do. But that doctor it seems did not want to do so and use the preconnected device. I did go to the web to view an implant surgery by that doctor and sure enough he was using a preconnected device. The RTE's were added so more tubing would exit the corpora and the pump would then be lower and easier to use.

Now for my take on RTE's. Yes less are better. Just like some doctors are better than others. Just like sometimes a doctor dose a better job than others. But not all of us can go to the best doctor. And even the really good doctors have a problem from time to time. No one is perfect even the best doctors. And some are better at different parts of this surgery than others. No need to be concerned about this now as it is already done. And you have not had any problems with it. Now is the time for the recovery process and to get this device up and working.

Best of luck to you."

My new worries have been the following:

- just above my circumsision scar, circumferentially, the skin is swelling, I am worried it will stay like that permanently. User tortao who was also circumsized and had the TEP, had a sort of similar result, he never logged back in to say if it was permanent; and
- on the 28th of Feb, I am being deflated a little bit just for comfort, my Doctor is on holiday, so the nurse will be deflating me. Now, my Doctor is great, and very competent, I can tell he enjoys his work and is passionate about his craft. The nurse, not so much, I am worried she may deflate me too much and compromise the TEP.

I have learnt that, its normal to worry, these are some natural fears, doubts etc. Especially having peyronies for 4 years. The fact that I may have a fully functional penis and a sex life again seems surreal. What I have been trying to do is, to just put my faith in the process, and reassure myself that I have chose the best surgeon who most likely has performed the best possible procedure, for the best outcome.

It's just a matter of waiting, seeing the results, and going from there.

Perhaps these thoughts, worries etc may help the next person. This implant and in conjunction with TEP, was a really big step, especially at 34 years of age. Sometimes the hardest part is waiting in anticipation for the end result, and dealing with the minor complications along the way.

J

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:16 pm

Day 12:

Today I feel good, accepting of whatever outcome. I am a little worried about the pink skin swelling up in front of the foreskin, where I have been circumsized (see pic). If anyone has any idea on what this is or how to prevent it, I would appreciate your advice.

As you can see, day 12, but still very swollen.

J
Attachments
10.jpg
10.jpg (23.95 KiB) Viewed 484 times

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:04 am

Day 14 Update

Officially 2 weeks.

The pain and swelling subsided by 20 percent from what it was a week ago. I tried to reduce my pain killers today, but still struggling, can barely walk without pain and discomfort, anything I do causes discomfort, still peeing in a bottle, still inflated I think 60-70% my erection is about 5inches non-bone pressed (estimated). I was about 6.5 inches bone=pressed pre surgery (see pics above).

I imagine a lot of the pain and discomfort is due to having TEP, implant, and circumcision.

Some things I have noticed:

Erection slant
My penis is slanted to the right, not sure why, there seems to be a dent at top right side base, or perhaps there is just less swelling in that area. My erection is becoming a bit wobbly. A part of me is wondering if this is due to the RTEs, although, it could be a number of reasons for now, swelling, partial inflation, etc etc. Best not to think about it until a few more months when healing is over.

Tubing
There is a pic attached which seems to show tubing in my pubic bone area, this could just be due to swelling as well. I have attached a pic. As you can see, I am still a bit swollen.

It was a four hour procedure involving incisions to the tunica (TEP), circumision as well as an implant, so I imagine recovery is going to be rough. I'm a bit worried, they may not extend my pain killers, but I will check in with the doctor tomorrow.

I am also still quite inflated as you can see, the doctor wanted to delate me a bit on our last appointment 6 days ago, but there was just too much swelling, he was not able to do so.

My doctor is on holidays, I have messaged the nurse a few things which she hasn't responded to yet (it's been over a day), I needed to know if I should extend my anti-biotic medication (I am almost out). There is another Doctor at the practice who may speak to me.

Kind of makes me realize, after reading most of the journals on this site (peyronies forum, I will be copy and pasting this post into FT), most members here have been implanted by Dr Eid, or another world renowned high volume implant surgeon, some who give you 24hr access to their mobile phone numbers, I've noticed some of these surgeons will even pay a private visit to you in your hotel room. In contrast, on my day of discharge from the hospital, my surgeon was suppose to come down from his office to the ward (a 2 m walk, in the same ward, of the same complex), he didn.t Although, this was just to tell me what size he had implanted me with, it was important to me. Later, the head nurse who was trying to discharge me (in a rush) told me "he is not coming down jjst to tell you what size you got, we need you to get into the discharge lounge", she said this to me, while not introducing herself as a nurse, and walking in on me naked, in pain, trying to get dressed. One of the only complaints I have, but this too, is more of a hospital care issue, as opposed to the surgeon. One thing I noticed is that some of the male nurses are bit more compassionate than the female nurses (generally), I think this may be due to them being able to empathize more with having any kind of procedure done to the penis.

My surgeon was great, I would definitely say he is competent, kind, a good listener, very skilled, one of the best in Australia, and does not rush you out of his office (I had another high volume implant surgeon in Australia who did rush me out of his office, despite me showing interest in wanting to have the implant done by him). By high implant surgeon in Australia I believe it is around 70 implants a year, as opposed to Dr Eid who does 300 a year (please correct me if I am wrong). The only negative thing I can say about my surgeon is, I wish I had a 24cm titan with 0.5cm RTE as opposed to 22cm titan with 2.5cm RTE. Further understanding into why I have been given 2.5cm RTEs seems to indicate that, the surgeon used pre-connected devices and to use a 24cm with 0.5cm RTE would have meant that he would have to splice the tubing to get the pump to fit optimally, there is a detailed explanation of this in a post above. I also spoke to another member on FT implanted by the same surgeon who received a 24cm titan with 3.5cm RTEs, this confuses me, as the surgeon advised he preferred to use as less RTEs as possible. To me, 3.5cm RTEs is an excessive amount. I could be wrong, and perhaps he made the best decision at the time, but after reading all these journals, I would have to say, would Dr Eid have made the same decision? Dr Eid is a doctor who I believe installed user Merrix with a 22cm titan, then decided there was room for more, so added 1 or 1.5cm RTEs, but then thought there was still room for more, so he did something that not many would have done. Instead of stacking RTEs and giving a lower quality erection (as per merrix journal), he removed the whole thing, threw the 22cm implant and the RTEs in the bin and installed a 24cm implant without RTEs. This is a doctor who can definitely say prides himself in his craft and in patient satisfaction. If necessary, would he have spliced the tubing where required to ensure I had less RTEs? Most likely.

This all brings me to my next point. You might read all the journals on this forum (peyronies forum) and think they are all success stories so, it is likely your implant will also be a success story? But what's important to consider is that, most of these members had access to world renowned surgeons such as Dr Eid, who would (as described above), go above and beyond to ensure patient satisfaction. Further, the majority of these members are 50+ and married, if they receive a sub-par result, it's likely their sex life with, one woman, who they may have been with for most of their life, is able to be accustomed to still result in an above satisfactory sex life. E.g going 3 basic positions, 2/3 times a week at 50 - 70 years of age. As opposed to a 30 year old who may indulge in sex 7 times a week, 7+ positions, threesomes, one night stands, anal/oral, discreet pumping, non-disclosure of the implant etc..

With the above in consideration, I have been thinking a lot about my early days with peyronies, how in the first year, I saw amazing results with VED (my old posts are probably still in the improvement forum, almost 4 years old now I would say). So, I would urge a lot of new members, who may not have access to world renowned surgeons, due to the cost, or travel, etc, or members who are still in their 20s/30s and may not be ready to take those steps, to please start the therapies ASAP, and exhaust all other avenues until you believe an implant is the right choice for you, and you have come to acceptance that, no matter what the result of the implant, it is far better than living life with your peyronies condition. With me, my condition progressed to the point where I could not have sex at all, thus, an implant was the only option, Unfortunately, travelling to see Dr Eid, Hakky, Perito etc was not an option for me due to the costs, currency conversation rates, travel accomodation, etc. My surgeon in Australia cost me about 15k including Aestheticist, implant, TEP, cirumsision, hospital stay, post implant appointments. Rebate is about 3k, so in total I may be about 12k out of pocket. If one was having just the implant, it is around 7-8k, with a $1500 rebate (approx).

This may help put things into perspective for members in Australia, and members who do not have access to Surgeons such as Eid, Hakky, Perito, Ralph etc. There was a member here from Australia, AverageBloke, still in his 20s if I am not mistaken, who I believe mortgaged his house to go see Dr Clavell I think, my heart goes out to him, that is a very big decision and a very expensive debt, especially given currency conversion rates, 1 Australian dollar is about 65 US cents currently, so 30k Surgery would cost close to 50k , and that doesn't include accommodation, food, tickets, etc

Interested in what other members thoughts are as well, especially younger members.

Few more thought provoking things I want to talk about in my next post, but will leave it at this for now.

Nonetheless, will I still have a great result? Time will tell.

J
Attachments
11.jpg
11.jpg (31.76 KiB) Viewed 418 times

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:55 am

I think the biggest disservice done to you was that nobody informed you of the negative effects of circumcision.

I would rather have a 4 inch highly sensitive, smooth, moist penis with gliding, than a 6 inch numb, rough, dry one with no gliding.

cbinspok

Postby cbinspok » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:17 am

Asseepeyronies
Thanks for the updates glad it’s working out for you, Your junk looks great and it all will be good, give it a year. And most guys like circumcised cocks don’t be pulled into another cut no cut debate it’s settled.
Cheers mate its all good, time to relax
67years,fighting ed for over twenty years. A sever break, vit E, pataba, Viagra, massage Ved cilas, and I'm tired- throwing in the towel, Op for implant Mar 18, 2021 AMS LGX 18 x12 + 1 3cm RTE, gained girth and length, very glad I took the hard step.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:30 am

Looking great dude! What are the two red circles in the pic? Is that what you believe to be tubing- on both sides so far up? That looks like about the spot where you could feel your reservoir, but that would only be on one side, not on both sides like you've circled.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Return to “Implants”