Implant + TEP procedure Journal - 34yr old Australian

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aussiePeyronies

Re: Implant + TEP procedure Journal - 34yr old Australian

Postby aussiePeyronies » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:43 am

Bwtbbb wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:Update 5 weeks and 5 days

I have been cycling consistently for the last 3 days. First day I did 2 x 45m sessions (with painkillers), second day I did 2 x 30m sessions (no painkillers), 3rd day was just 1 x 30m session... Today, I will try for 2 x 30m sessions. The pain is quite excruciating, but if it means I will regain length/girth, I will put up with it.

I am finding deflating very difficult, the valve is behind my scrotum and difficult to access but I manage to do it. I can half deflate easily, then after that, it seems to deflate very very slowly or not at all. In my sleep, I feel like it auto-inflates itself a little (perhaps triggered by nocturnal erections?).

The titan flaccid at this point is very difficult to conceal, It hurts to point it down, and it hurts to point it up. It naturally points out, almost like an erection and still looks like an erection. I know this will change over time, but makes things like going to the gym very difficult. I also have to get on a plane in a few days and I will have to endure an uncomfortable few hours with my flaccid titan pointing up secured with tight clothes and a long jumper.

If anyone has any advice on deflation, or whether I should be worried about the device auto inflating in my sleep, I would appreciate it. I am going to see another surgeon for a second opinion when I am back in my state. I also get pain and burning in the perinium area post-cycling.

As for the circumsision, the doc told me after surgery that the foreskin would cover half my glans when flaccid. The foreskin does not move or change when flaccid or erect. I really am not sure if this is due to it not being fully healed, still healing from being stitched, or what. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it. On a positive, I think my glans is finally becoming accustomed to being exposed.

Another positive is that my natural engorgement seems to be improving, when flaccid, I wake up with some wood and my penis just looks round and full.

I do feel less sensitivity in the glans and shaft, but this is expected with the tunica expansion procedure, it may take 6-9 months for the nerves to heal.

As always, appreciate all the support from you guys.

J

I have heard Dr. Eid and other top surgeons say not to cycle if it causes pain, but discomfort is ok.

You said your glans is finally becoming accustomed to being exposed, and then you say you have less sensitivity in your glans. These are for the same reason, yet you blamed the TEP procedure instead of the circumcision?

The keratinisation of your glans is what is lowering the discomfort of wearing underwear and it is also what is lowering your sensitivity.

B:

TEP involves moving the neurovascular bundle and thus, causes some loss of sensitivity for a few months. Thus, I have said TEP may be responsible for some lack of sensitivity. Yes, in the glans, it could be circumsision too.

I understand you had a bad experience with circumsision. I also understand, some people had a good experience, and some people found no difference from being circumsized.

I am very sorry you had a bad experience. Perhaps try foreskin stretching, some say it works.

As for me, I am not going to dwell on being circumsized now. I chose to do it, I accepted the risks. I am happy with the result either way and that's what is important to me my friend. I now have a working penis, I do not want to dwell on some being circumsized.

I strongly advise to just accept your condition and focus on the positives my friend.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:43 am

Update 5 weeks 6 days

Almost 6 weeks, cycling has become a bit easier. Today is my fifth day cycling. I now go in the shower, let warm water run down my scrotum, then I will pump to 90%, leave it like that for 10m, go back to the bed and pump to 100%, leave it like that for 20m. Total of 30m per session, 2 sessions a day. This has become a bit more comfortable, the first few cycling sessions were quite excruciating. The skin does start to hurt as well. To anyone reading this, remember it does get better, just hang in there.

I decided to pump to max and use my iphone to get some kind of estimate of where my size is. I bone pressed my iphone 14 pro into my pubic bone, about the same place I did pre-op, it just so happens that the tip of my penis is about exactly at the end of my iphone. So, I am almost exactly 5.81 inches (height of an iphone 14) bone pressed, with no glans engorgement. I can't imagine getting my glans engorged at this point, it just seems painful. I have also lost some sensation and sensitivity which is normal with TEP, it may take 6 months for this to come back. Considering I was 6.5 inches pre-op fully engorged, I am happy to be 5.81 inches now with no engorgement. This as well, only after 5 days of cycling.

Another great thing is, the dent's seem to be filling when fully inflated, I have attached two pics. If you compare them to the pics above, it seems like on the left side of the shaft and bottom right, the dent's have filled a bit or at least are filling when fully pumped. They are still quite prominent when flaccid.

Some issues I have been having:

1. Peeing, it is still difficult to pee. My flaccid is still pointing out, I still pee in a urinary bottle. I am guessing this will improve as the cylinders soften. I also get a lot of dribble which I trust will improve over time, if anyone has any experience with this please share.

2. Auto-inflation. In my sleep, I kind of feel like the device auto-inflates a bit. Am going to book in with another surgeon. I was left inflated for 5 weeks so I am worried that the reservoir has healed with a smaller amount of saline and does not accommodate for a full deflation.

3. Shape. My penis is still very oval, when inflated even to a comfortable level of inflated, the bottom of my penis is almost completely flat. This would make blowjobs and some sex quite difficult I presume. Again, I can't really get engorged atm so this could improve. If anyone has any experience please share.

4. Pain. I am getting pain in the scrotum, perinium area, and in the shaft. It is worse after cycling. I am guessing this is just my body adapting. Unfortunately, I do not want to contact my doctors office as, the nurse there will just tell me I am being too anxious. I will book in to see another surgeon when I am back in my state and get a second opinion.

5. Deflating. I am still finding it very difficult to deflate. I press the deflate valve then squeeze. Now, when my penis is fully inflated, it's easy to tell that it's deflating. I get to a point where it just won't deflate more or deflates then inflates again. It is very difficult to tell at this point as my flaccid is like a semi-erection. I squeeze quite hard but at the same time, am worried about causing damage. Also worried about the reservoir not being able to accommodate the full amount of saline as described in point 2. If anyone has any experience, please share.

Some advice to anyone reading this is to have a good GP. About a week ago, I strained myself when in the bathroom and caused quite a bit of pain through my shaft and scrotum. I waited overnight before calling my surgeons office. The nurse just brushed it aside and told me I was panicking and everything was fine despite the fact, the pain persisted for a long period of time. I spoke to my GP over the phone (he's back in my state) who is very good with men's health and is knowledgeable with implants, he asked for all my symptoms (even asked if I had dribble of post peeing etc), and told me it's likely that I caused inflammation after going to the bathroom. He then prescribed me a very strong anti-inflammatory, and after 1 hour of taking this, all the pain was gone and I felt so much better.

Finally, I would like to talk about how peyronies actually has made me such a better person. I am so much more logical and methodical, so much stronger and wiser. When peyronies first hit, as a 28 year old, I was very destroyed. Now, I have grown to be so much better. I have learnt so much about myself, mental health, life, relationships etc.. Most importantly, learning that, when life throws a problem at you, to handle it appropriately. Control your emotions, look at things logically, weigh up pros and cons. I know I have become a much better person today.

Appreciate all the support and any feedback.

J
Attachments
dent_inflated_2.jpg
dent_inflated_2.jpg (17.41 KiB) Viewed 441 times
dent_inflated_1.jpg
dent_inflated_1.jpg (20.71 KiB) Viewed 441 times
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:35 am

aussiePeyronies wrote:
Bwtbbb wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:Update 5 weeks and 5 days

I have been cycling consistently for the last 3 days. First day I did 2 x 45m sessions (with painkillers), second day I did 2 x 30m sessions (no painkillers), 3rd day was just 1 x 30m session... Today, I will try for 2 x 30m sessions. The pain is quite excruciating, but if it means I will regain length/girth, I will put up with it.

I am finding deflating very difficult, the valve is behind my scrotum and difficult to access but I manage to do it. I can half deflate easily, then after that, it seems to deflate very very slowly or not at all. In my sleep, I feel like it auto-inflates itself a little (perhaps triggered by nocturnal erections?).

The titan flaccid at this point is very difficult to conceal, It hurts to point it down, and it hurts to point it up. It naturally points out, almost like an erection and still looks like an erection. I know this will change over time, but makes things like going to the gym very difficult. I also have to get on a plane in a few days and I will have to endure an uncomfortable few hours with my flaccid titan pointing up secured with tight clothes and a long jumper.

If anyone has any advice on deflation, or whether I should be worried about the device auto inflating in my sleep, I would appreciate it. I am going to see another surgeon for a second opinion when I am back in my state. I also get pain and burning in the perinium area post-cycling.

As for the circumsision, the doc told me after surgery that the foreskin would cover half my glans when flaccid. The foreskin does not move or change when flaccid or erect. I really am not sure if this is due to it not being fully healed, still healing from being stitched, or what. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it. On a positive, I think my glans is finally becoming accustomed to being exposed.

Another positive is that my natural engorgement seems to be improving, when flaccid, I wake up with some wood and my penis just looks round and full.

I do feel less sensitivity in the glans and shaft, but this is expected with the tunica expansion procedure, it may take 6-9 months for the nerves to heal.

As always, appreciate all the support from you guys.

J

I have heard Dr. Eid and other top surgeons say not to cycle if it causes pain, but discomfort is ok.

You said your glans is finally becoming accustomed to being exposed, and then you say you have less sensitivity in your glans. These are for the same reason, yet you blamed the TEP procedure instead of the circumcision?

The keratinisation of your glans is what is lowering the discomfort of wearing underwear and it is also what is lowering your sensitivity.

B:

TEP involves moving the neurovascular bundle and thus, causes some loss of sensitivity for a few months. Thus, I have said TEP may be responsible for some lack of sensitivity. Yes, in the glans, it could be circumsision too.

I understand you had a bad experience with circumsision. I also understand, some people had a good experience, and some people found no difference from being circumsized.

I am very sorry you had a bad experience. Perhaps try foreskin stretching, some say it works.

As for me, I am not going to dwell on being circumsized now. I chose to do it, I accepted the risks. I am happy with the result either way and that's what is important to me my friend. I now have a working penis, I do not want to dwell on some being circumsized.

I strongly advise to just accept your condition and focus on the positives my friend.

J

You mentioned the glans is becoming more accustomed to being exposed, which implied to me that you have less discomfort in it when wearing underwear. If that is what you meant, then surely it's not because of TEP as all of its nerve damage would have been done during surgery no?

The glans becomes more comfortable in underwear for every single circumcised man soon after surgery because every single circumcised man's glans will start to keratinise. Just like your eyeball would if you cut off your eyelid. If this didn't happen, all circumcised men would have to be naked at all times.

I offered the explanation for what I read in your post and I was perplexed by your response.

My feelings about circumcision are not relevant here.

Instead of implying that I am projecting my feelings about my circumcision, I would have appreciated a simple request to not tell you anything you might not want to hear, and to allow you to bury your head in the sand for the sake of your mental health.
Last edited by Bwtbbb on Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

drayan123

Postby drayan123 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:02 am

aussiePeyronies wrote:Update 5 weeks 6 days

Almost 6 weeks, cycling has become a bit easier. Today is my fifth day cycling. I now go in the shower, let warm water run down my scrotum, then I will pump to 90%, leave it like that for 10m, go back to the bed and pump to 100%, leave it like that for 20m. Total of 30m per session, 2 sessions a day. This has become a bit more comfortable, the first few cycling sessions were quite excruciating. The skin does start to hurt as well. To anyone reading this, remember it does get better, just hang in there.

I decided to pump to max and use my iphone to get some kind of estimate of where my size is. I bone pressed my iphone 14 pro into my pubic bone, about the same place I did pre-op, it just so happens that the tip of my penis is about exactly at the end of my iphone. So, I am almost exactly 5.81 inches (height of an iphone 14) bone pressed, with no glans engorgement. I can't imagine getting my glans engorged at this point, it just seems painful. I have also lost some sensation and sensitivity which is normal with TEP, it may take 6 months for this to come back. Considering I was 6.5 inches pre-op fully engorged, I am happy to be 5.81 inches now with no engorgement. This as well, only after 5 days of cycling.

Another great thing is, the dent's seem to be filling when fully inflated, I have attached two pics. If you compare them to the pics above, it seems like on the left side of the shaft and bottom right, the dent's have filled a bit or at least are filling when fully pumped. They are still quite prominent when flaccid.

1. Peeing, it is still difficult to pee. My flaccid is still pointing out, I still pee in a urinary bottle. I am guessing this will improve as the cylinders soften. I also get a lot of dribble which I trust will improve over time, if anyone has any experience with this please share.

2. Auto-inflation. In my sleep, I kind of feel like the device auto-inflates a bit. Am going to book in with another surgeon. I was left inflated for 5 weeks so I am worried that the reservoir has healed with a smaller amount of saline and does not accommodate for a full deflation.

3. Shape. My penis is still very oval, when inflated even to a comfortable level of inflated, the bottom of my penis is almost completely flat. This would make blowjobs and some sex quite difficult I presume. Again, I can't really get engorged atm so this could improve. If anyone has any experience please share.

4. Pain. I am getting pain in the scrotum, perinium area, and in the shaft. It is worse after cycling. I am guessing this is just my body adapting. Unfortunately, I do not want to contact my doctors office as, the nurse there will just tell me I am being too anxious. I will book in to see another surgeon when I am back in my state and get a second opinion.

5. Deflating. I am still finding it very difficult to deflate. I press the deflate valve then squeeze. Now, when my penis is fully inflated, it's easy to tell that it's deflating. I get to a point where it just won't deflate more or deflates then inflates again. It is very difficult to tell at this point as my flaccid is like a semi-erection. I squeeze quite hard but at the same time, am worried about causing damage. Also worried about the reservoir not being able to accommodate the full amount of saline as described in point 2. If anyone has any experience, please share.

Some advice to anyone reading this is to have a good GP. About a week ago, I strained myself when in the bathroom and caused quite a bit of pain through my shaft and scrotum. I waited overnight before calling my surgeons office. The nurse just brushed it aside and told me I was panicking and everything was fine despite the fact, the pain persisted for a long period of time. I spoke to my GP over the phone (he's back in my state) who is very good with men's health and is knowledgeable with implants, he asked for all my symptoms (even asked if I had dribble of post peeing etc), and told me it's likely that I caused inflammation after going to the bathroom. He then prescribed me a very strong anti-inflammatory, and after 1 hour of taking this, all the pain was gone and I felt so much better.

Finally, I would like to talk about how peyronies actually has made me such a better person. I am so much more logical and methodical, so much stronger and wiser. When peyronies first hit, as a 28 year old, I was very destroyed. Now, I have grown to be so much better. I have learnt so much about myself, mental health, life, relationships etc.. Most importantly, learning that, when life throws a problem at you, to handle it appropriately. Control your emotions, look at things logically, weigh up pros and cons. I know I have become a much better person today.

J

Is it hard to conceal it bro is it too much visible?

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:44 am

drayan123 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:Update 5 weeks 6 days

J

Is it hard to conceal it bro is it too much visible?

Atm it is, but should improve over time as the cylinders

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:45 am

Update 5 weeks 4 days

9 days into Cycling, it has become considerably easier, I am now doing 2 x 1 hour sessions daily. I pump to the point of pain, where it feels like the tips of the cylinders might burst out of the glans and my perineum area is hurting. I am not sure if I am over doing it? Some say, pumping to discomfort rather than pain will have the same effect?

I have been having a lot of flaccid pain, sleeping is uncomfortable still, moving in certain positions I get burning and pain in my scrotum and shaft. I can just assume that, it is the body adjusting to the device.

Anyone reading this, recovery is quite long with TEP.

On a positive, my sensitivity is very slowly returning each day. I now have considerable sensitivity along the shaft and glans. It's only behind the glans that is quite numb atm, I assume due to having a sub-coronal implant and circumsision.

With the squeak, I took Hawks advice and, if you pump slower, or do half pumps, it does not squeak. Although, at this rate, it can take 80 pumps to get an erection. Im confident that this will improve as things soften and break in.

Any feedback is appreciated.

J
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (18.5 KiB) Viewed 323 times
Last edited by aussiePeyronies on Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:23 am

Update 5 weeks 4 days

9 days into Cycling has become considerably easier, I am now doing 2 x 1 hour sessions daily. I pump to the point of pain, where it feels like the tips of the cylinders might burst out of the glans and my perineum area is hurting. I am not sure if I am over doing it? Some say, pumping to discomfort will do the same thing?

I have been having a lot of flaccid pain, sleeping is uncomfortable still, moving in certain positions I get burning and pain in my scrotum and shaft. I can just assume that, it is the body adjusting to the device.

Anyone reading this, recovery is quite long with TEP.

On a positive, my sensitivity is very slowly returning each day. I now have considerable sensitivity along the shaft and glans. It's only behind the glans that is quite numb atm, I assume due to having a sub-coronal implant and circumsision.

With the squeak, I took Hawks advice and, if you pump slower, or do half pumps, it does not squeak. Although, at this rate, it can take 80 pumps to get an erection. Im confident that this will improve as things soften and break in.

Any feedback is appreciated.

J

Pamen116

Postby Pamen116 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:55 am

Looking good Aussie- I’ve had about for surgeries and I’m now 30. The first one is always the worst when it comes to recovery- you are still early on in the healing phase. I imagine that 6in will turn into 6.75-7 in no time once you start being able to go cycle fully and your tissue relaxes from the trauma. Question is TEP expensive and do you know any doctors in the US that provide this service? Considering it on my revision

God bless and thanks for you encouraging words about staying focused on other factors in life that prepare you for the real world.
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:13 am

Pamen116 wrote:Looking good Aussie- I’ve had about for surgeries and I’m now 30. The first one is always the worst when it comes to recovery- you are still early on in the healing phase. I imagine that 6in will turn into 6.75-7 in no time once you start being able to go cycle fully and your tissue relaxes from the trauma. Question is TEP expensive and do you know any doctors in the US that provide this service? Considering it on my revision

God bless and thanks for you encouraging words about staying focused on other factors in life that prepare you for the real world.

Hey man, thanks for your kind words.

To answer your question, there was a member here who I believe went to Dr Levine for TEP. Just do a search on here and you'll find it easily.

J

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:14 am

I had an issue just now, as I was finishing my second cycle session, I deflated. For some reason, I was only able to deflate down to about 80% of what I usually deflate too. Didn't think much of it, left it for about 30m, then tried to deflate again.

No matter what, I just could not deflate. I thought, maybe the pump has repositioned? Because it's easier to know when the device is deflating once it's pumped up, I pumped it up to about 90% erection. Now, I still can't deflate it. I am pressing where the deflate valve is, squeezing the penis, nothing is happening. I have done this twice a day for the last 9 days without any issues.

At this point, I am a bit worried, it's late on a Saturday night here, my only option would be to go to the Emergency Hospital with a pretty much 6 inch unnaturally hard erection and wait for a urologist.

I tried one last thing, I pressed the deflate valve and the pump at the same time, after this I deflated as usual, pressing the valve and squeezing the penis. It worked! Well, somewhat, I managed to deflate again to about 80% of what I normally deflate too. No matter what, it will not deflate more. I can tell it's about 80% as, it is pointing out more, and when I go to pee, I have to lean forward a bit more.

I have no idea what has happened? Now I am about 80% deflated, I will have to sleep like this and try and figure something out in the morning. My surgeon is in another state, so, my only option is to try again in the morning, failing that, maybe go to emergency or try an appointment with a urologist here on Monday.

Really getting tired of this. I've had flaccid pain in my shaft, scrotum and perinium. I have to tuck it up to walk around which just causes more pain. I can't really go anywhere or do anything.

Really not sure what to do about this deflate issue. I have no idea what could be wrong.

Return to “Implants”