Implant + TEP procedure Journal - 34yr old Australian

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aussiePeyronies

Re: Implant + TEP procedure Journal - 34yr old Australian

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:43 pm

Hey guys,

I have uploaded some pics, I will explain below. Let me start with, I am putting these here so I can assess the differences in June 2024. Only then, I will assess if it is better to just live with these issues or opt for a revision from Dr Hakky.

First 2 pics - Deflated flaccid Angle and bulge

As you can see, in pic 1, my flaccid sticks out for an inch and then goes down (I have pushed it down as much as I can in the pic). So, it sticks out at about 3pm for one inch and then goes down (when standing) to about 4pm. I can wear it to the left, however, this causes the dog ear to stick out pronouncedly. It also does not move to the right. As you can see in pic 2, when wearing clothes the dog ear sticks out. This looks like an erection, and has caused issues whereby I have to go to the gym wearing long shirts and be constantly self-conscious. When wearing a suit, I always wear a long waistcoat/vest with it, and have to constantly worry about looking like I hav an erection in a professional environment. In the pic I am wearing compression underwear, I have tried two pairs of compression underwear and although it pushes the penis down, the part at the base, and the dog ear, still stick out looking like an erection. I have had issues going to the gym, wearing professional clothes for work etc, watching what I wear when I am around my niece n nephew etc. I have also tried just loose silk boxers, and this causes the dog ear and the shaft to point out. This has affected my quality of life.

Retracted Graft

It is difficult to tell but if you look closely on pic 3, you can see that the right side is thin and slants, it does not inflate fully/properly. In the final pic (I have posted this in another post below as FT only allows 3 pics per post) you can see how my inflated shaft was post surgery, before I had any of these issues - it was nice and round. The surgeon advised that he thinks this is due to the graft retracting/contracting. I have searched the internet and ask doctors, couldn't find much info on retracted grafts at all. I can say that that area is painful and that I get less engorged than I would post-surgery.

If this issue resolved, I think I would be happy.

The surgeon also isn't 100% sure as he did not write which side he put the graft in his surgical notes. There is a slight possibility that it could be scar tissue or a kink, although, I think the surgeon would probably know best.

If anyone has any info on retracted grafts, I would appreciate it. Atm, I am just cycling and using the VED, but have not seen any improvement. The surgeon used a TachoSil graft. I will be starting the Perito exercises soon too. I only feel the stretch on the left side when cycling.

Pain

I still have general pain, a lot of pain after ejaculation (even after the prostatitis issue settled) and pain/tenderness by the frenulum. Really not sure what is causing all this, almost 1 year post-surgery. All I can do at this point is have faith, wait till June 24, then see if it's time to accept everything or opt for a revision.

I have been told to just have sex and enjoy the implant, and so far I have had sex once. However, having sex while anticipating pain is a difficult thing to do. I'm sure you guys with peyronies pain can relate. After ejaculating, I just feel like laying down and will be sore in the tips, shaft, frenulum and perinium area.

Dont let my post put you off implants, I have been going through a tough time and its just hard staying positive. I do anticipate that eventually, the pain, and pain after ejaculation will subside, and I will be able to have an active sex life gain.

On the 22nd Jan, I will be having a video consult with Dr Hakky and will send him my MRI results to review.

I will say, when choosing your surgeon, choose wisely. After doing some research, I found that Dr Perito, who is very well known and high volume has been sued due to having to two men ending up having to amputate their penis! (Coincidentally, I believe my surgeon trained under Dr Perito)You can find the article here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html

My heart really goes out to those two people.

Thanks for all the support.
J
Attachments
Retracted_Graft.jpg
Retracted_Graft.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 368 times
dog_ear_bulge.jpg
dog_ear_bulge.jpg (19.63 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Deflated_FlaccidAngle1.jpg
Deflated_FlaccidAngle1.jpg (13.37 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Last edited by aussiePeyronies on Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:44 pm

Fourth pic which I was referring to, before the retracted graft issues.
Attachments
Post_Surgery_Before_Issues.jpg
Post_Surgery_Before_Issues.jpg (30.28 KiB) Viewed 367 times
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:30 pm

Update:

Almost 1 year post surgery.

I am actually starting to like my implant. I just measured, and I hit 6.5 inches BP (without engorgement). This was my pre-op length. With engorgement, I am probably an extra 1cm in length. So, I would be about 1cm above my pre-op with engorgement.

My girth is a little less, due to the retracted graft. But, I may consider fillers to resolve this.

I gotta say, it feels good knowing you can have sex when, and however long you want. I can see how people grow to really love their implant. I can pump to 80% and it just mimics a normal natural erection, it's round, reliable and just looks like a normal erection. At 90%, its a bit harder more girth but ovalish and flat. I remember when I was in my 20s and being with attractive girls, sometimes having threesomes (pre-peyronies), and I would have performance anxiety and not be able to keep it up. Sometimes, I would ejaculate too early. Imagine that experience with the implant, your penis would just be rock hard the whole time, what an experience that would be!

I was out the other day, and I got some attention from a blonde girl. I felt so great knowing that, if I wanted, I could probably start dating again and have an intimate sex life. With peyronies these are things that would make me depressed. I am generally pretty good looking, have a great physique and good background, when I'd get attention from girls (back with peyronies) I would have to cancel on them and just not pursue them, I didn't have any direction in where I wanted to go in my romantic life as I just didn't know what would happen with my peyronies. Now, I can have an active sex life and date as much as I want, and plan for a future :).

The retracted graft issue is still there, I thought it was improving, but I am not entirely sure, I will do some measurements and pics soon. It's disheartening, going through the trauma of TEP + circumcision, to be left with less girth. Had this risk been known, I may not have opted to be circumcised. All we can do is accept it, and write our journey in our journals so no one else has to go through this experience. I can get fillers, but fillers are not without risks either. If anyone has any info on retracted grafting, I would appreciate it.

The pain after ejaculation is still there, but not as bad. I anticipate that, it will improve as time goes on.

Most of my length gains came in the last 6 weeks where I changed my cycling routine. Instead of doing perito exercises and VED (these were causing some pain and discomfort) for 30m each day, I just started cycling for 2 x 1hr sessions. I basically pump to max, then wait 20m then pump again (I can get about another 12-15 pumps in), then wait 20m then pump again (about 10-12 pumps in), that last 20m block is pretty excruciating pain!! I have to edge to get through it.

I am thinking when the pain while cycling subsides, I may try VED and perito exercises again, and after 3 months of VED and Perito exercists, I will probably accept whatever dimensions I have and opt to get fillers to compensate for the loss of girth.

Advice

Do you guys think, that, due to the pain while cycling, there are still gains to be made? I guess its impossible to tell, some people make gains past a year, and some don't. I also have a bend to the left, how normal is this?

The more I pump (high levels of inflation), the more pronounced the bend to the left is. Could be due to the retracted graft on the right side, I Really don't know. I usually pull the penis up and then pump so that it inflates straight.

As I am seeing growth, I am a bit worried on one thing. I initially had a 110ml reservoir, the surgeon, on my second surgery stated that he took out about 25ml as the reservoir was indenting the bladder. What risk is there that, as the device grows, I may run out of fluid?

Final thoughts

I must say, this has been a crazy journey. My sex life has improved but my personal life has taken a hit. The dog ear protruding out still sticks out and looks like an erection. This has taken a toll on my personal life. But, it could improve as the cylinders soften. The right side angle hasn't dropped as much as the left either.

I am going to put this message here for others. I've spent about 20k on my surgery (2 surgeries) including airfares and accommodation. If I choose to get fillers to compensate for the lack of girth, that would cost another 10k. That's 30k AUD, another 10k and I could have just gone to Dr Hakky for my surgery, and I believe, I wouldn't have many of these issues. My surgeon, wasn't much help once I started having issues, and he LIED in his post-operative letter stating that I was unhappy/obsessive due to the length and girth, and he stated he believed my anxiety was contributing to my symptoms. However, you can read this whole journal on this website (you can't delete posts on this website - referring to the peyronies website), and see that I have never had issues or complained about length/girth. Rather, prolonged pain, deformity, retracted graft etc. He was also complaining that he spent 45m talking to me after my 2nd surgery and I still had to email him for confirmation of some things once I was back in my state (is this not ridiculous?), we pay our surgeons 12k out of pocket, have to have a 2nd surgery due to issues and prolonged pain and they are complaining that they had to go beyond their 45m post-surgery consult and send emails?

See the difference in patient care, the surgeon who did my surgery downplayed the risks of sub-coronal TEP, yet he told another patient (user:morphball) that he had performed sub-coronal TEP and had to amputate the patients glans due to a complication (tissue necrosis I think), YET he still continues to perform the procedure.. Why? Money perhaps? In contrast, Dr Hakky stopped performing sub-coronal incisions due to the complications and risks associated with it, this tells me, he does what is in the best interests of the patient. As you know about my retracted graft issue on the right side, this is still a GUESS from the surgeon as he did not write which side he put the graft in his surgical notes - I think this is very poor form from a medical professional performing major surgery. I will also add that, Dr Hakky wanted an MRI as soon as I had my video consult with him, he said my surgeon should not have performed the second surgery and taken the risk. It makes sense, the surgeon probabaly should have requested an MRI and further diagnosed the issues before opting for a second surgery. Choose a good surgeon guys, you only get one penis, and this procedure is irreversible, don't take any risks. I really do not want anyone else to have to go through what I went through.

I will post some pics up in a few weeks.

J

satyrum

Postby satyrum » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:21 am

Glad you're better now. Really happy for you. I think your journal is one of the most important implant journals in the history of this site. No different than frequently referenced ones (e.g. Merrix, Tangerine etc.)

I'm not from the States. The highest volume surgeon in my home country offered me TEP with subcoronal incision. I was hesitant, to say the least. Long story short, I decided to go with Hakky. Flew from the other side of the planet to be implanted with a 26cm Titan. He used scratch technique, no TEP (which is an outdated technique according to him). He also told me that subcoronal incision can be extremely dangerous when it comes to a XL penis (especially +7"). It simply shouldn't be performed on a guy like me.

I'm not saying your journal is the only reason I changed my decision, but it played a crucial part in terms of forcing me to research TEP as humanely as possible. Journals like yours are why FT is an incredibly important website. Thanks again. Wish you a great year full of great sex.
37. Implanted by Dr. Hakky. 26cm Titan. January 2024.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:04 am

satyrum wrote:Glad you're better now. Really happy for you. I think your journal is one of the most important implant journals in the history of this site. No different than frequently referenced ones (e.g. Merrix, Tangerine etc.)

I'm not from the States. The highest volume surgeon in my home country offered me TEP with subcoronal incision. I was hesitant, to say the least. Long story short, I decided to go with Hakky. Flew from the other side of the planet to be implanted with a 26cm Titan. He used scratch technique, no TEP (which is an outdated technique according to him). He also told me that subcoronal incision can be extremely dangerous when it comes to a XL penis (especially +7"). It simply shouldn't be performed on a guy like me.

I'm not saying your journal is the only reason I changed my decision, but it played a crucial part in terms of forcing me to research TEP as humanely as possible. Journals like yours are why FT is an incredibly important website. Thanks again. Wish you a great year full of great sex.

Glad it all worked out for you. I have a video consult with Dr Hakky to go over a few things soon. If I could go back, I would’ve just saved up and seen him to begin with.

Very happy that you have overcome everything and have a good result with your implant.

J

Return to “Implants”