titan and its pumps on the market

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
frank66665

titan and its pumps on the market

Postby frank66665 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:41 am

Is anyone here documented which titan pump is the best? pros and cons of one over the other? valves of one and the other? there is discussion on another thread of these pumps but the difference is not clear
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Flounder

Re: titan and its pumps on the market

Postby Flounder » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:43 am

frank66665 wrote:Is anyone here documented which titan pump is the best? pros and cons of one over the other? valves of one and the other? there is discussion on another thread of these pumps but the difference is not clear

I think Dr. Eid’s video; All about the implant pumps, details the pros and cons better than anyone here could possibly do. Dr Eid’s intention of this video is to be informative - not declare a winner. The best pump becomes a personal decision based on the individual’s situation and knowledge of the pros and cons.

Dr. Eid does definitely states the Classic Pump is the best for reliability and longevity. At my age, I’m hopeful for a once and done implant experience. So I chose the Classic over the OTR’s deflation convenience. If I were younger or dating, maybe the pros of the OTR would have swayed my decision the other way.

Of coarse all of these comparisons and analysis of the implants only have value if you choose a surgeon that allows patient choice in the devise they receive. Dr. Eid does this and is the reason he does theses pros and cons comparisons of the different devices on the market.
Last edited by Flounder on Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:47 am

ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:48 am

Flounder wrote:
frank66665 wrote:Is anyone here documented which titan pump is the best? pros and cons of one over the other? valves of one and the other? there is discussion on another thread of these pumps but the difference is not clear

I think Dr. Eid’s video All about the implant pumps details the pros and cons better than anyone here could possibly do. Dr Eid’s intention of this video is to be informative - not declare a winner. The best pump becomes a personal decision based on the individual’s situation and knowledge of the pros and cons.

Dr. Eid does definitely states the Classic Pump is the best for reliability and longevity. At my age, I’m hopeful for a once and done implant experience. So I chose the Classic over the OTR’s deflation convenience. If I were younger or actively dating, maybe the pros of the OTR would have swayed my decision the other way.

Of coarse all of these comparisons and analysis only have value if you choose a surgeon that allows patient choice in the devise they receive.

i have seen dr eid's videos, unfortunately for me i don't understand english, i use google translate to communicate with you
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

willing

Postby willing » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:19 am

had the Touch installed four days ago. Everything still sore of course, but practicing with inflate/deflate seems as expected. Since pumping takes more effort than deflating, Dr. Eid's point about the pump neck making it easier to grasp seems valid. Surgeon did not provide a choice. Would be interesting to see stats on mean time to failure for all 3. . Touch hasn't been out as long, so less long-term data.
11/29/22 Coloplast Titan 22cm, Touch pump, Es2822, 125cc . Dr. Karpman, infrapubic

on the road of life

Postby on the road of life » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:21 am

Hi

There are Three (3) TITAN Pumps:

Genesis (Classic): Uses a bilateral deflation "bar" system, pressure must be maintained while deflating
OTR (since 2008): Uses a bilateral pad system, allows deflation with a single touch.
OTR Touch (I don't know the introduction date, but it's the last one): it uses a deflation button system, it allows deflation with a single touch.

There is a study comparing the Genesis and the OTR. (2015)

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9515332537

Difference in Deflate, Hold or One Touch Operation
Ease of learning to use, in favor of the OTR
No faults detected in any model

Regards
56. Bionic 10/21/2022. Titan 22+2. OTR pump. Penoscrotal. ED due to venous leak, compensated with inflow for many years. Pills, injections, vacuum pumps

Up4Real?

Postby Up4Real? » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:26 pm

I spoke to a technical person from Coloplast prior to my Coloplast Titan implant placement 2 years ago. (More info below in signature) He recommended the Genesis, which I have, due to the fact that it was more proven and the One Touch had occasional valve sticking problems. I haven't been aware of much, if any, complaints about that here on F.T.
With the Genesis the penis has to be squeezed to deflate it. While it is not a problem for me, when the squeezing deflates the penis it distorts it. For what ever reason the valve may not lock completely and the penis passively reinflates with time to be a normal looking penis. I have never had it inflated to an erection, just a passively looking normal flaccid state.
Dr. Perito recommends not leaving the penis inflated as that is one of the two reasons he suggests that can lead to anorgasmia (not being able to climax). The other is being on this earth long enough to become a senior citizen. I have experienced that and am doing some personal research on that. However, that is another subject.
Frank Talk is life changing. Thank you all.
Up
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:19 am

I’ve had the One Touch for two years and it works perfect!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:02 am

My doc went with the Genesis.

1) He thought a bit more reliable but who knows.

2) The pump on the Genesis is a bit smaller than the One Touch. My scrotum is tight and for my build he thought Genesis was a better fit.

No problems. I am very happy with it.
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

on the road of life

Postby on the road of life » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:36 am

gjmjoe017 wrote:I’ve had the One Touch for two years and it works perfect!

Hi gjmjoe017

I have the OTR Touch, when I press the deflation button, it deflates, let's say 50-60%, but I have to deflate the rest by squeezing the penis and keeping the button pressed.
Does yours work like this? Or does it deflate completely with a single touch? without having to hold it down.
Any trick?

Thx
56. Bionic 10/21/2022. Titan 22+2. OTR pump. Penoscrotal. ED due to venous leak, compensated with inflow for many years. Pills, injections, vacuum pumps

Return to “Implants”