Surgery in 2 weeks, starting to get nervous

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TANGERINE

Re: Surgery in 2 weeks, starting to get nervous

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:14 pm

goodluck to you !

I discuss the issue of finding ways to get courge in my "implant pamphlet" "the road to becoming a bionic male...."
which is hear on franktalk, and the first chapter points some things out that will help your courage.

pasted below was my response to somenone when the asked about this back in 2020:

LBC2020 states:
I just want
To make love w my wife again it’s killing me
Literally killing me

For me, I also really wanted to make love again, in fact, if I would die in surgery from the implant (that is almost unheard of), I would be OK with that, because, I agree with what you say that ED was literally killing me.

Yes, I was very scared of the surgery and the complications. But, the alternative of a life with ED was a glue trap that I refused to enter and become rotten and old in. Implant surgery allows you to exit from that "room of torture" named erectile dysfunction.

Pasted below is an answer that I typed to help another bionic brother "back in the day" (jan 19, 2019):
TANGERINE in 2019 states:

Being young (less than fifty) and having ED that does not respond to meds is a terrible place to be. It guarantees a general depressed state, and it destroys your ego and zest for life.

I agree with XOMANOW that "now is the time" to go for it. All of us older guys (I am 58) deeply wish that we had the implant ten years earlier (yup, all of us) since the younger years of sex are the better ones. If you are single, you must get a functioning penis (really, you must get it fixed), and thank goodness, you have the opportunity to get the penis fixed by the best in the world.

Do not have any fear about the need for replacements every ten years or so, we see that happen commonly, and the guys here on franktalk report that they generally sail right through the second surgery (easier the second time).

Always remember, "Good things happen when you go for it", and also remember my personal mantra when I was scared before surgery:

"Do not be a weenie, stand up tall like a gladiator and fight that beast named erectile dysfuction with zeal and courage". I said that over and over during the weeks leading to surgery, and even said it as I walked to the surgery center on the morning of surgery.

Tangerine

PS: Geez, If I had my implant at age 33, I can only imagine the great experiences and stories that I would have during those years between 33 and fifty -- the prime of your sex life. The opportunity to have a bionic dick that will stay up for hours --- wow, awesome

Good luck --- be strong and "fight like a gladiator"---"don't be a pussy"

good luck, potential bionic brother, from TANGERINE
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

indeed

Postby indeed » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Thanks a lot guys i really appreciate you all! You all know how hard this is on the mind and i am so thankful for your support!
If i go through with it and everything works out, i will give back to the community.

Thank you
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:09 pm

I think, without exception, every guy who has had this surgery had pre game jitters. I know I did.

But you do it anyhow, because your rational brain tells you that there is no other good, viable option.

There’s a few days or a week or two afterwards that you might think “WTF did I do?”

Then it all comes together and it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread/pockets on shirts/New Years Eve or whatever is better than that. Seriously, it is great to be in total control of your erection capability. It doesn’t seem artificial or fake or contrived. It’s just…..you can completely control your body.

Just tell yourself lots of other guys have been right where you are, with the same doubts and concerns, and your success story will join our success stories very soon.

Good luck!
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:24 pm

Very normal to get the gutters. I think most of us have had them. For me the surgery was a walk in the park. You will look back and say wow. Bionic!
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:58 pm

Howdy Cajun Jeff. It’s been a rough season, but give me credit for not calling last week to discuss LSU-A&M game. Heard anything out of our Tennessee triplet lately?

And yeah, our original poster here is gonna do terrific. He’s got the best doc in the world, and an entire website rooting for his recovery. It doesn’t get any better.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Badspartan

Postby Badspartan » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:05 pm

I had my surgery 3 days ago, and it was smooth as silk. Don’t remember anything about it. Woke up in recovery and thought I was dreaming and then they started getting me ready to go home. So far I’ve not experienced pain. A little discomfort where the reservoir was placed today I did 10 pumps and it was awesome. Just think on the outcome and smooth sailing
67 years old. ED 10 yrs. Insulin dependent diabetes HBP heart disease. Implanted 11/30/22 AMS CX 18 cm 3 cm rte

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:41 am

Hi TX, thanks for not hurting my bruises after that game. Lol. I sent you a private message,
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

JetsFan1594

Postby JetsFan1594 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:59 am

Indeed- how’d it go? How are you feeling now?
28M, inadequate partial erections as far back as I can remember due to VL. Completely unresponsive to pills, disappointing response to Trimix. Stretch test 19cm. Implanted 1/6/23 24cm Coloplast Titan (Classic Model) by Dr Eid with .5cm RTE on left side

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:12 am

in fact we no longer hear from you, did you suspend the intervention?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Wolfrayet1

Postby Wolfrayet1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:13 am

indeed wrote:Hi guys

I'm scheduled for surgery with Eid on Dec. 16. Starting to get scared as fuck. I have a diagnosed venous leak and definetly some damage to the base of my dick (ligaments, fascia or whatever), but i still can get erections. They are short lived and wobbly, especially at the base. I know they are not really usable for decent sex and make me prone for more injury if i go at it it like this, but still, doubt is creeping in.

Injections are not an option for me. Pills are not enough. Ligament surgery will stabilize my base, but won't help erection quality, according to Dr. Ralph, which has the most experience in the world with this surgery. He said the implant would take over for the damaged ligament too.

It's really hard for me right now to not cancel the surgery, eventhough i probably need the implant.

How did you guys handle the anxiety and doubt creeping in?

Any opinions / advice highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Over 50 here and just got my first implant. Vagina virgin due to big Venus leak entire life. The lost life experiences and relationships, learning and yes personal growth are things you will regret far more. Should I have done mine sooner? Probably. In a year or two when it’s certain it didn’t get infection and works reliably long enough you can ask me.

If your dick cannot do intercourse and shots and pills don’t work well it’s just masturbation. Agreed the new penis blowjob rotating sucking heated compressing gyrating sex toys guys say are amazing but that’s really still masturbation.

Return to “Implants”