Didn’t last a year

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FinallyBionic

Re: Didn’t last a year

Postby FinallyBionic » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:11 pm

This link has statistics about the implant numbers in the US and worldwide.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6995940/
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:51 pm

Craigohbig wrote:
FMLFML85 wrote:
Craigohbig wrote:
I absolutely want an implant that works…if he’s cutting me open, I might as well go up a size
Both things can be true

I had a revision a year out from my implant so I totally get where you’re coming from. I tell myself a lot that the implant was the only option and basically I got a 2nd chance at life. The revision was hard to go through but I also have a titan and would not want a different implant. It really does do what the ads claim it does.

Did they put the exact same size back in?

So the reason for my revision was I was getting painful erosion in my left tip. The surgeon changed out the left cylinder with one that is 2cm smaller. 2 weeks before my implant I measured 8.25” length and post op I lost over an inch in length which definitely sucked. So my implant didn’t break but I was unable to use if for several months waiting for for revision as to not cause any more damage to my distal left tip. Now I still have pain and my erection bends to the left.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:59 pm

I know a lot of people are frustrated about this situation.

Remember, do the best that you can. Some situations are not avoidable. The question is, what is my next best step?

Take solace in this question. Learn from the experience to put yourself in the best spot possible to handle this next time it happens.

What I can promise any of you is that, no matter who you are and what your life circumstance is, there will be difficulty ahead of you. How are you going to accept this?

I genuinely hope you find resolution to this quickly. I also believe you are more than likely to have a good revision and things will be good soon.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:08 pm

Craigohbig wrote:High volume is nowhere near 500 per year. You think these docs work 5 days a week and do 3 a day? That is absolute fantasy land

Do you have source information for that assertion?

I know from personal observation that my surgeon did two implants before lunch on Nov 6, 2017. (My roommate post-op was the other patient and we had a long conversation that afternoon and evening about the surgery, his profession and hobby). I am pretty sure he did 5 or 6 that day but I knoly know personallyl of that one because I was there.

I do opine that mose surgeons do surgery far less than 5 days a week. They do other work on the non-surgery days. Paperwork, examination of patients, analyzing lab work, etc. For example I know one opthalmological practice that only does surgeries one day a week.

Dr Eid specializes in implant surgeries and my own surgeon told me that if he were in private practice, ED treatment or surgeries would be his specialty. Another surgeon I interviewed said he did 3 to 5 per week.

Implant surgery is not that time-consuming or complicated in most cases.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:55 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Craigohbig wrote:High volume is nowhere near 500 per year. You think these docs work 5 days a week and do 3 a day? That is absolute fantasy land

I know from personal observation that my surgeon did two implants before lunch on Nov 6, 2017. (My roommate post-op was the other patient and we had a long conversation that afternoon and evening about the surgery, his profession and hobby). I am pretty sure he did 5 or 6 that day but I knoly know personallyl of that one because I was there.

I do opine that mose surgeons do surgery far less than 5 days a week. They do other work on the non-surgery days. Paperwork, examination of patients, analyzing lab work, etc. For example I know one opthalmological practice that only does surgeries one day a week.

Dr Eid specializes in implant surgeries and my own surgeon told me that if he were in private practice, ED treatment or surgeries would be his specialty. Another surgeon I interviewed said he did 3 to 5 per week.

Clavell has always been considered as one of the big time high volume guys…and his people literally just told me he does 150 a year.

I don’t want to argue about this. I hope everyone on here can get 10 yrs out of their implants.
I just have this feeling that they won’t
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:14 am

Craigohbig wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

Clavell has always been considered as one of the big time high volume guys…and his people literally just told me he does 150 a year.

I don’t want to argue about this. I hope everyone on here can get 10 yrs out of their implants.

I ask your forgiveness if I came of as argumentative. It was not my intention to spark argument, merely challenging your assertion. I thank you for sharing your source. I will take your report of Dr Clavell's staff as accurate. Facts are facts. The first surgeon I interviewed (who was a general Urology practitioner) told me he did about two dozen implannts a year as I recall.

I am sure the manufacturers could tell us how many implants go to each surgical practice each year, but I doubt they would release that information. But it sure would be interesting.

I have gotten 5 years of use of my implant thus far. It shows no signs of aging or incipient failure (knock on woody :lol: ). I hope it will last until I pass on (and both my parents lived past 90). I wish the same for you and for every man who reads this and also those who don't.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

25yearsold

Postby 25yearsold » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:09 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
Craigohbig wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:.
I have gotten 5 years of use of my implant thus far. It shows no signs of aging or incipient failure (knock on woody :lol: ). I hope it will last until I pass on (and both my parents lived past 90). I wish the same for you and for every man who reads this and also those who don't.

How often do you use your implant Lost Sheep? (Average, for masturbation, intercourse and oral sex etc)

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:54 pm

25yearsold wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
Craigohbig wrote:

How often do you use your implant Lost Sheep? (Average, for masturbation, intercourse and oral sex etc)

Masturation, never (my girlfriend likes to have a monopoly on my semen :D :D )
Intercourse, Once a week (when I spend the weekend with her)
Oral sex, not quite once a week
Just to stretch things out, maybe 3-4 times a week (usually when retiring for the night)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:33 pm

Craigohbig wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

500 per year is just fantasy. 150 sounds like a realistic sky high number for an high volume surgeon. I'm not sure if Ralph in London had 200 but they were more likely record years than average results, maybe it included also surgeries he supervised.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:13 am

Headed to Houston right now. I’m scheduled to get the revision on Tuesday and fork over $3600 to the doctor and $1400 to the hospital(out of pocket)
I also fully expect to be doing this, at minimum, every two years. I had a lot of issues that were, according to this forum, considered to be rare. I could understand one of these 3 or 4 things happening, but not all.
Hoping for the best and fully expecting the worst
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Return to “Implants”