Didn’t last a year

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Craigohbig

Re: Didn’t last a year

Postby Craigohbig » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:51 pm

FMLFML85 wrote:
wolfpacker wrote:
FMLFML85 wrote:Why would you get upsized? Why would you want too?

Because the implant can stretch out tissue over time and allow the surgeon to fit in a larger one on revision

Over less than a year? Idd think he would just want a implant that worked at this point.

I absolutely want an implant that works…if he’s cutting me open, I might as well go up a size
Both things can be true
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:29 am

Craigohbig wrote:
FMLFML85 wrote:
wolfpacker wrote:
Because the implant can stretch out tissue over time and allow the surgeon to fit in a larger one on revision

Over less than a year? Idd think he would just want a implant that worked at this point.

I absolutely want an implant that works…if he’s cutting me open, I might as well go up a size
Both things can be true

I had a revision a year out from my implant so I totally get where you’re coming from. I tell myself a lot that the implant was the only option and basically I got a 2nd chance at life. The revision was hard to go through but I also have a titan and would not want a different implant. It really does do what the ads claim it does.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:26 pm

FMLFML85 wrote:
Craigohbig wrote:
FMLFML85 wrote:Over less than a year? Idd think he would just want a implant that worked at this point.

Both things can be true

I had a revision a year out from my implant so I totally get where you’re coming from. I tell myself a lot that the implant was the only option and basically I got a 2nd chance at life. The revision was hard to go through but I also have a titan and would not want a different implant. It really does do what the ads claim it does.

Did they put the exact same size back in?

SearchingUSA

Postby SearchingUSA » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:02 am

Craigohbig wrote:
Daytripper wrote:Craigo we appreciate you sharing your experience with us so we all can learn from it so the questions we ask are well intended. Was the implant covered by insurance and will they cover the revison or were you self pay?
The $5k for revision is that your insurance max out of pocket amount?

The initial surgery was $20k self pay
The revision is looking like self pay as well. My insurance wanted me to exhaust everything else before I could get a pump. I self medicated for years(way too many pills) and had little success

I had a fight with my insurance company over the initial implant for the same reasons you did. But my revision was covered with no issue. I think once you have the implant, the insurance companies recognize that the situation is irreversible and the only path forward is a revision, so there’s no question about the medical necessity.

If you’ve already ran this by your insurer and got shot down, your experience is obviously more relevant than my own. But if you’re just speaking from the assumption that your original surgery is the way it’ll be going forward, I wouldn’t lose hope yet.

Mid 30’s. ED since early 20’s. Pharmaceuticals were helpful initially, but stopped working. Implanted with Titan 22cm -.5cm (no RTEs) by Dr. Clavell 1/26/2022.

My Mid-30s Implant Journal

Flounder

Postby Flounder » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:43 am

Craigohbig wrote:Scheduled for Dec 13 with Clavell. I’m not happy at all about this…….

Very understandable. Is the 13th the date for revision surgery or just a first consultation? Under the circumstances, it seems like Clavell should at least treat your case like an emergency and expedite you into his schedule.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:31 am

What I find odd is that the surgeons and implant companies always say that the average lifespan of the implant is between 10 and 20 years!!!!! but yet, most of the guys on the FT have an average implant lifespan between 2 to 5 years, why the "Medical" field is so corrupt???
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:12 am

ScrewedbyDoctors wrote: most of the guys on the FT have an average implant lifespan between 2 to 5 years, why the "Medical" field is so corrupt???

You answered it: guys on FT. We are all here seeking info, sharing experiences, or helping implant-related info seekers.
Myself, almost 2 years post implant, I am not accessing FT as much as I used to one or two years ago. If everything goes well with me, I may come here very rarely.
I read somewhere that Boston Scientific and Coloplast sell around 35,0000 implants per year. There are many other manufacturers around the world as well. How many implanted men aren't on FT?
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:54 pm

FinallyBionic wrote:
ScrewedbyDoctors wrote: most of the guys on the FT have an average implant lifespan between 2 to 5 years, why the "Medical" field is so corrupt???

You answered it: guys on FT. We are all here seeking info, sharing experiences, or helping implant-related info seekers.
Myself, almost 2 years post implant, I am not accessing FT as much as I used to one or two years ago. If everything goes well with me, I may come here very rarely.
I read somewhere that Boston Scientific and Coloplast sell around 35,0000 implants per year. There are many other manufacturers around the world as well. How many implanted men aren't on FT?

Clavell’s administration told me they do about 150 implants a year and only a handful of revisions.
35,000 seems like a lot if one of the highest volume guys out there is only doing 150 per

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:57 pm

I think we need clarification. Is it 35,000 implants or 35,000 pairs of implants? Big difference.
As for high volume doctors. It seems that somewhere around 150 to 200 is where most surgeons top out at. But they say that most of the implants are done by surgeons that only do a few a year.
I live in a low population state, maybe 3 1/2 million residents. Best that I can find there is only 2 leading implanters here. Together they might total up to 300 a year. Throw in a few from wannabe surgeons. I guess that someone could do the percentage on population prorated to the USA population for a good guess on useage.
Btw, 35,000 implants at 150 per doctor can be done by 233 surgeons.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:34 pm

35,000 a year worldwide are zero point %, this shows that people do not trust this system, except those who are obliged and have a completely dead cock, in Naples they say quà nobody is stupid ..., it is clear that this system is a scam, unfortunately desperation leads to you doing it at any cost
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Return to “Implants”