Titan Premature Failure 2y > Infection from Revision > Tactra Salvage and length loss

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Frenchie

Re: UPDATE! Infection from: Revision 18/11 Titan Touch 22+3 to XL 24+2 due to tubing failure 2 years after initial surge

Postby Frenchie » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:30 pm

principles wrote:Day 54 (Week 7 post op) :

14 days in the hospital. Pain is virtually gone at this point. I'm taking some antibotics and pain medication but nothing compared to 14 days ago. Still, the IV antibiotics were not able to kill the infection. I still have discharge from the unhealed incision, the pump is adhered to the scrotum wall, and another unexpected thing happened with the tips, the left migrated down about 1/2 centimeter and the right one is so up in gland that is has become an impending extrusion risk, the right tip is pushing the gland skin higher than the pee hole. This caught me by surprise, I knew the right tip was higher than it should've been even from surgery n1, but it was never a problem for me, it wasn't pushing skin either, until now. Somehow, this happened between weeks 3 and 7.

Scheduling is not yet confirmed but I'll have to go through a revision from my revision this upcoming friday 13th. They'll remove the 24+2 Titan and install a 13mm Tactra of X cm (I'm hoping for my previous 25cm, but I think 23-24cm is a possibilty). Size loss is expected, I already feel slightly smaller. Previously, I wasn't concerned about size at all (I didn't thought I'd have an infection) since I knew that a couple months of cycling would've brought it all just back like in my first surgery. That is not happening, and has become a new concern, but it is what it is, I intend to do vacuum therapy even with the malleable and try to regain any size loss for a potential revision in the future, even if that revision is upsizing the Tactra to a lengthier malleable. Surgery n1 I measured 25cm, Surgery n2 26cm, for reference.

Because of the impeding extrusion risk of the right tip, a new "tunnel" may need to be explored, and that could require a semi-circle subcoronal incision for proper tip placement, which is something I'm extremely opposed to, and this has been the biggest stressor about this whole ordeal so far. So, I did some reading and found that Dr. Clavell has a publication on "Extracapsular Tunneling" and also has a video about the technique, so I sent it to my Dr. and he was very receptive about learning of this technique, of which he wasn't aware, he is willing to try since it appears to be a very simple way to avoid the subcoronal incision. Here's a video of this technique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zwu0xX ... clavelluro

In conclusion, this was a revision for a premature tubing failure in which everything was replaced except the reservoir. During this revision, the new device was infected, infection was suspected but not confirmed until week 4 or 5 IIRC, it got really bad as far as pain goes, shaft was extremely sensitive, I couldn't sit, put any pants or underwear, icing and codeine were providing temporary relief of shorter and shorter durations, I was in alot of pain. I'd say a constant 7-8/10 for about 7-10 days. So, I was hospitalized and was heavily medicated with alot of IV antibiotics and analgesics. 14 days later, pain is mostly gone, but not the infection. So, a salvage procedure will be required and likely performed this friday. I opted for a Tactra device against my Dr.'s recommendations since the Tactra doesn't have hydrofilic coating, it's a bit harder to install, it requires a lengthier incision for it to be placed in the cavernosum and it's not as smooth as a Genesis per say, specially with an infection. Regardless, the Dr. agreed to install the Tactra device.
Size loss is expected, a semi-circle subcoronal incision is a real possibility, but, I get to have my balls back, which I'm kinda looking forward to.

Reality check. Life is complicated, but it'd be even more complicated if implants didn't exist. This hasn't been an easy revision journey, let's face it. Let's also realize that 50 or 60 years ago, none of this would've been an option, and we're kinda lucky to be living in a time where current medicine and technology is evolved enough at this point to provide us with safe alternatives, and regardless of all the hardship this journey brings at times, the end goal, which is an erection, regardless of all the problems we could face, is in fact, almost guaranteed.

Regardless of size or having another scar or having to go through yet another surginal procedure, I'm still thankful I've been given a second (third actually, hehe) chance of having a fullfilling sexual life. I'm confident I'll be returning to my sexual activities within a month or two.

More updates after surgery. I might start a new journal for the second revision (which will be my 3rd surgery).

Do you plan to keep the malleable always or are you having another ipp after 6 months of healing?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

principles

Re: UPDATE: Infection Confirmed > Revision 18/11 Titan Touch 22+3 to XL 24+2 due to failure 2 years after initial surger

Postby principles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:38 am

Sincerely appreciate all the support.

The biggest stressor for me right now is the possibility of getting out of this with a half circumcision. That'd be something I'd need some time to overcome, everything else so far hasn't been fun but I trully accepted and embraced all those risks from day 1. However, a mere subcoroal incision is what troubles me right now. I really don't want to mess with my sensitivity and overall penile aesthetics and risk lessened stimuli from sexual activities, that'd change alot for me, personally. I'll push hard for my Dr. to try everything technique at his disposal to avoid it.

There's also a technique from Karpman that doesn't use any incision (publication link below), instead it uses a "distal biological cap" (graft) at the tip of the implant. I plan to discuss this technique with the surgeon tomorrow as well, however presumptous that may sound. Sometimes you simply have to be overtly assertive to get somebody to go the extra mile for you.

https://sci-hub.se/https://doi.org/10.1 ... 019.11.265
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

principles

Re: UPDATE: Infection Confirmed > Revision 18/11 Titan Touch 22+3 to XL 24+2 due to failure 2 years after initial surger

Postby principles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:40 am

Do you plan to keep the malleable always or are you having another ipp after 6 months of healing?

I'll certainly try my best to not go back to an IPP.
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.

principles

Postby principles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:55 am

Funny thing happened in the shower today. I pumped the Titan to a 60-70%. Felt the pump, working as intended, auto deflation lock-in valve working properly, dog ears drastically lessened, cylinders are noticiably softer, the semi is gone, it just hangs flacid now. All those things bothered me a lot for the past 2 months, I'd immediatly start to worry about another premature failure (trauma). Lesson is, we have to remember that there's definitely a "break-in" period for a new implant. Try not to judge or think negatively about any micro detail for the first month, most of those concerns actually do go away. Maybe I'll learn that in my 3rd surgery...

Back to the shower, I barely felt any pain, the dick looked fat and pretty, I felt fortunate to have the dick that I have. The 24XL seems noticiably girthier than the Titan 22 for whatever reason (Eid actually explains this in one of his publications, the lengthier the inflatable part, the girthier the Titan actually gets) and I noticed a significant difference. It doesn't seem I lost length at this point, perhaps 0.5cm-1cm, that's ok.

All I could think was that I was so close to putting all this revision shit behind me. 2 months in, the implant is starting to settle, pain usually is gone, you can pump hard. I thought about all the fun I could be having if it weren't for the infection. It is what is, another 2 months to go, it's worth it since my other option would be celibacy, but I'll skip that for now. 2 months, then I'm fucking. Sounds good to me.
Healthy 31y

Italian

Postby Italian » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:14 am

principles wrote:Funny thing happened in the shower today. I pumped the Titan to a 60-70%. Felt the pump, working as intended, auto deflation lock-in valve working properly, dog ears drastically lessened, cylinders are noticiably softer, the semi is gone, it just hangs flacid now. All those things bothered me a lot for the past 2 months, I'd immediatly start to worry about another premature failure (trauma). Lesson is, we have to remember that there's definitely a "break-in" period for a new implant. Try not to judge or think negatively about any micro detail for the first month, most of those concerns actually do go away. Maybe I'll learn that in my 3rd surgery...

Back to the shower, I barely felt any pain, the dick looked fat and pretty, I felt fortunate to have the dick that I have. The 24XL seems noticiably girthier than the Titan 22 for whatever reason (Eid actually explains this in one of his publications, the lengthier the inflatable part, the girthier the Titan actually gets) and I noticed a significant difference. It doesn't seem I lost length at this point, perhaps 0.5cm-1cm, that's ok.

All I could think was that I was so close to putting all this revision shit behind me. 2 months in, the implant is starting to settle, pain usually is gone, you can pump hard. I thought about all the fun I could be having if it weren't for the infection. It is what is, another 2 months to go, it's worth it since my other option would be celibacy, but I'll skip that for now. 2 months, then I'm fucking. Sounds good to me.

brother, when is your review for the tactra ?

principles

Postby principles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:33 am

Surgery is tomorrow, will confirm today. Real test is sex and occlusion of course, so will probably take a month.
Healthy 31y

Italian

Postby Italian » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:26 am

principles wrote:Surgery is tomorrow, will confirm today. Real test is sex and occlusion of course, so will probably take a month.

good luck!
I hope you can make a diary with attached photos for this new path.
thank you so much brother

RoboCock69

Postby RoboCock69 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:31 pm

principles wrote:Surgery is tomorrow, will confirm today. Real test is sex and occlusion of course, so will probably take a month.

Good luck, brother. What made you choose the Tactra over the Genesis? The hardness?
Born 1982. Implanted with Coloplast Titan 22cm in August 2021 by the great Dr. Perito in Miami. 6.125" BPEL, 5.25" EG. "It's the girth that gets her off."

principles

Postby principles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:42 pm

Good luck, brother. What made you choose the Tactra over the Genesis? The hardness?

Hardness definitetly but also the "blunt" distal tip. After suffering with an impeding extrusion, specially when talking about a malleable exerting constant pressure over the glands, I'd much rather have that than a sharp distal tip, makes extrusions slightly harder.
Healthy 31y

principles

Postby principles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:46 pm

Update:
Surgery rescheduled for another week. I didn't mention before but we did a culture test 7-10 days ago, and initially it came out negative, then a couple days after the result, they actually found a bacteria called "Stenotrophomonas maltophilia", and none of the IV antibiotics I was taking are effective against it, so yesterday I started taking another antibiotic supposed to kill this bacteria, so we're giving it one more week.
Last edited by principles on Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Healthy 31y

Return to “Implants”