Titan Premature Failure 2y > Infection from Revision > Tactra Salvage and length loss

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
principles

Re: Revision 18/11 Titan Touch 22+3 to XL 24+2 due to tubing failure 2 years after initial surgery

Postby principles » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:17 pm

Day 29:

Yesterday was the first day I saw family and friends. I am/was still in pain but was able to conceal it well from everybody.

The bad:
It seems like I can't learn. I have inflated my previous device thousands of times and still, the current deflate button manages to surprise me everytime I think I've got it's handling figured out. Today wasn't an expection, I had careful sex with the GF and kept inflating during the session. After I came, I was already in a considerable amount of pain, I lay down and immediately try to find the freaking button, and... where is this mfer?!.. again!?

Fast forward 1h of alot of pain, panic, codeine and tramadol, me and and the GF as in a team effort were able to find it and deflate, immediate relief. Lesson is, don't be too confident in your deflating habilities if you're not a 100% healed. I'm amazed that after pressing it hundreds of times, it still takes me 100-200 attempts and significant desperation to be able to find and deflate it, and like I've said, it's not my first time either.

I'll do my best to wait for all the pain to subside before another inflation/deflation attempt. Hopefully I'll be able to control myself but having the GF around is a trigger I'm hardly able to resist.
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

principles

Re: Revision 18/11 Titan Touch 22+3 to XL 24+2 due to tubing failure 2 years after initial surgery

Postby principles » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:16 am

Day 32:

After speaking to the Dr. about the ongoing fevers, the discharge from the incision fistula and the general pain level more than 30 days after the procedure, we're thinking about the possibility of an infection. I did a blood test as requested by the Dr. and it showed everything in normal range except CPR at 48.7mg/L, which is highly indicative of an infection. Leukocytes are in normal range though, which, according to the Dr., is a very good thing. I'm back on antibiotics for another week and I have an another appointment tomorrow at the Dr's office.

I'm bracing for the worst possible scenario, which would mean removing the Titan and doing a salvage to a malleable (tactra 13mm).

More updates soon.
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.

25yearsold

Postby 25yearsold » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Hey man, sorry for your troubles.
If it is an infection, i hope it resolves after a round of antibiotics.
Stay strong, you will overcome this.

principles

Postby principles » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:13 am

Day 34:

I had a check-in with my surgeon yesterday. He thinks it's a good idea to keep taking antibiotics for another couple of weeks and do some weekly CPR testing to see how things are going. The discharge from my incision is gone now that I restarted the antibiotics, but the incision itself still hasn't fully closed up.

The pain in my pump and scrotum is pretty mild right now, and there's not really any visible signs of anything wrong with my pubic/penile area. However, I am having a lot of pain in the proximal tip of my left cylinder and the distal tip of my right cylinder. The pain in my right cylinder's distal tip started a few days ago and is currently a 6-7 out of 10 in intensity. This has made me wonder if I might have been oversized during my surgery. I was previously 25CM in total length and then upsized to 26CM. I didn't feel oversized before, my left tip was actually slightly undersized, so I'm not totally sure about the possibility of being oversized.

Right now, standing up also increases my overall pain to a 6 out of 10, so I've mostly been laying down since the surgery. I'm definitely accepting of the possibility that I might have to go through another revision/salvage procedure, but I'm going to give it a bit more time and try not to overthink things. I'm accepting of all potential outcomes and will try to be mostly pragmatical. Friction is futile.

More updates soon.
Healthy 31y

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:39 am

You can probably grow into your size if you were a bit oversized, once you are healed I would do a lot of work with a vacuum pump and do a lot of manual stretches to try to stretch the penis. I have found products like the Total Man stretcher also helps to encourage a bit more lengthening and puts no pressure on your glans, tubing or anything and can be worn comfortably all day.

https://totalmanshop.com/collections/fu ... er-kit-2-0
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

principles

Postby principles » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:40 pm

25yearsold wrote:Hey man, sorry for your troubles.
If it is an infection, i hope it resolves after a round of antibiotics.
Stay strong, you will overcome this.

Thanks for the kind words. Revisions are not only phisically but also mentally challenging. I'm fine though. There's a chance all works out and there's a chance I get a malleable in the future. Either way, atleast an erection is almost guaranteed, which is the whole point of going through this journey. I'm just glad to live in a time where despite not perfect, solutions do exist (aka malleables).
Healthy 31y

principles

Postby principles » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:43 pm

OregonStrong wrote:You can probably grow into your size if you were a bit oversized, once you are healed I would do a lot of work with a vacuum pump and do a lot of manual stretches to try to stretch the penis. I have found products like the Total Man stretcher also helps to encourage a bit more lengthening and puts no pressure on your glans, tubing or anything and can be worn comfortably all day.

https://totalmanshop.com/collections/fu ... er-kit-2-0

That's an interesting idea. Thanks for sharing. Have you tried this product specifically?
I'll do vacuum as soon as I'm able to. I also believe it might help.
Healthy 31y

nuance

Postby nuance » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:01 am

Jage64 wrote:I guess they haven't designed a 'patch' for tubes with such a small breach? Seems I've seen on youtube surgeons cutting the tubes to the proper length and then using a connector to make a leakproof connection. Sure seems like it'd be far less traumatic to install a patch coupler there rather than go through a complete replacement.

I suppose since they're in there they might as well restart the clock on the whole implant, but boy that'd be tempting to just patch and be back on your feet in a day or two.

Is this even an option or do they avoid it to reduce the risk of infection? If this were me, I would've chosen he simpler route.

nuance

Postby nuance » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:16 am

principles wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:Look at his RTE's. His total installed implant length went from 25cm to 26cm. There is a chance that the 1cm difference was just a different judgement call between 2 doctors. In the long run, 1cm is a little ove 3/8 of an inch. Some of that could be just pressing into his crus a little extra. So his real gain might be 5/16" (about .5cm). Not really anything to get excited about in my opinion.

That is exactly right now. 2 years with heavy cycling and lots of sexual activity got me perhaps 0.5cm as GT1956 put it, and I believe those 0.5cms gains were all proximal, I didn't notice any distal lengthening. The caveat to this though is that my reservoir was not max filled (90cc/125cc) and a few months after the surgery I was already easily maxing out all the fluid in the reservoir, I believe this could've definitely impacted my gains and my penis was not experiencing any more stretching as there wasn't any more fluid to apply pressure at the corpus cavernosum walls. This time though, I specifically requested for a significant top up of the reservoir, and so he did, now I have 140cc/125cc, apparently the coloplast reservoir can handle the 15cc's of extra fluid. I believe I could experience some better gains this time because I'll have all the fluid I need to apply pressure and stretch the cavernosum. Who knows, maybe in the next revision I'll have better gains simply because of that.

Can you tell the difference in how it feels near the reservoir? Is it more inconvenient now than before? Did you have any issues with the bladder?

nuance

Postby nuance » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:22 am

Craigohbig wrote:
principles wrote:Not really, I wasn't concerned either since the reservoir was left untouched. I still feel it more than before though, I'm still very much in the healing process. I suspect it'll still take readjusting to get back to running and doing heavy workouts. As soon as I feel healed enough, I'll slowly restart my workouts and report back but for now I'm still feeling everything, so it will take some time. I expect to be fully operational within another month.

Do you know if he put the new reservoir in the same space you had your prior reservoir? If yes, then the space is already there, fully healed. If that's the case, then I suspect it won't take nearly as long to feel 100%.

Nope…he dropped that thing in the other side and just like your doc he filled it to the max and put some in the cylinders. Not sure if it’s 140, but I only had 95 in I initially and maxed out almost immediately. I flattened my pump in the first month or two and never really got gains.

Any idea why they switch sides? What would he do in a subsequent revision?

Return to “Implants”