Coloplast vs. AMS....An interesting twist.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfpacker

Re: Coloplast vs. AMS....An interesting twist.

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:53 pm

seekonk wrote:I remember being told the cure for balding would come out in in 5 years. That was in 1980. It’s 42 years later and counting and we’re still waiting.

There is a big risk making life decisions based on unrealized promises of future medical tech advances. Many projects get abandoned in development or fail approval. Or a business decision to prop up shares leads to cuts of perfectly good projects, etc.

Meanwhile we’re not getting any younger.

Just for perspective, cancer is more important than penile implants, and even cancer is not considered important enough for the required investment to make a substantial difference.

Penile implants are also a much more straightforward and solvable problem than cancer. Can't really compare the two
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

CigareVolant

Postby CigareVolant » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:33 pm

Oh man, I can just picture them switching to the "pay per use" model where the charge you every time you use the app.

Also, have you ever seen those photos of smart phones with lithium batteries catching on fire?

I believe that for the foreseeable future I want a nice, simple, manual pump.
Implanted June, 2022 by Dr. Karpman. 22cm Titan with 1.5cm RTE.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:00 pm

This has the potential to be good or bad.

As others mentioned, I would take the route of letting the product exist on the market for a while before making a decision.

My big question would be: What constitutes a 100% erection?

With my titan, I can force in a little bit more fluid into the cylinders every 2-3 minutes. Therefore, after the initial main round of pumping, I can add a bit more 3-4 times afterwards. I consider doing this the way to get me too 100% inflated.

If a software-ran erection could get me to my absolute 100%, then I would consider that amazing. If it got me anywhere less than 100% and I could not force it to "pump" in more saline, then I would consider than truly awful.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:17 pm

CigareVolant wrote:Oh man, I can just picture them switching to the "pay per use" model where the charge you every time you use the app.

Also, have you ever seen those photos of smart phones with lithium batteries catching on fire?

I believe that for the foreseeable future I want a nice, simple, manual pump.

The batteries used in heart pacemakers don't present such problems. Of course, a battery to drive a penile prosthetic's pump would have a lot more energy involved, so your concern could be a point.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:18 pm

Cnidium wrote:This has the potential to be good or bad.

As others mentioned, I would take the route of letting the product exist on the market for a while before making a decision.

With my titan, I can force in a little bit more fluid into the cylinders every 2-3 minutes. Therefore, after the initial main round of pumping, I can add a bit more 3-4 times afterwards. I consider doing this the way to get me too 100% inflated.

If a software-ran erection could get me to my absolute 100%, then I would consider that amazing. If it got me anywhere less than 100% and I could not force it to "pump" in more saline, then I would consider than truly awful.

I will point out that there are many couples who find 100% inflation to be uncomfortable for both.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:09 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:

I will point out that there are many couples who find 100% inflation to be uncomfortable for both.

Agreed, but those are the couples I feel wouldnt be at risk. If they miss out on 100% max inflation, then they arent out anything. Those couples that do like 100% max could find themselves invested into a product that can't easily be reverted back to the standard manual pump implant.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:20 pm

Cnidium wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

Agreed, but those are the couples I feel wouldnt be at risk. If they miss out on 100% max inflation, then they arent out anything. Those couples that do like 100% max could find themselves invested into a product that can't easily be reverted back to the standard manual pump implant.

That sounds like a design parameter. Inflatable implants (I am told) have pressure-limiting features (relief valve) that put an upper limit on the degree of inflation. The electric pump, if set with the same pressure limit, would produce the same (100%) degree of inflation. Presumably, the control device would allow those who desire a lesser degree of inflation (some degrees of inflation are better for certain activities than others). One could dial in 75% for fellatio, 85% for masturbation, 90% for coitus and 100% for anal penetration and dial back once inside. The options are endless.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

impotentredditor

Postby impotentredditor » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:59 am

Agreed with this. I would also add that usually doctors advocate for early activation of the device (( know Dr Eid does). But usually people don't inflate to full on their first try because of how much it hurts. But even small amounts of inflation helps stretch out the capsule tissue and ensure you have the right size. How would this implant handle early activation ?
26 year old with lifelong venous leak. Hoping to get an implant soon.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:06 am

and if the device had an app that said inflation 5/10/15/up to 70/75/80/etc etc 100% it would be great, without a pump between the balls, while sucking you press the button as if you were looking at something to the smartphone and you raise it from 70 to 80 to 90% like a natural erection the girl would never guess that you have an implant, that would be great :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:39 pm

impotentredditor wrote:

Agreed with this. I would also add that usually doctors advocate for early activation of the device (( know Dr Eid does). But usually people don't inflate to full on their first try because of how much it hurts. But even small amounts of inflation helps stretch out the capsule tissue and ensure you have the right size. How would this implant handle early activation ?

The manual pump doesn't stop early activation, its the tolerance to the pain that is the limiting factor.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”