Coloplast vs. AMS....An interesting twist.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
HikerMan

Coloplast vs. AMS....An interesting twist.

Postby HikerMan » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:08 pm

Ok, I just got back from seeing my high Implant Doctor and he just told me something that blew my mind.
According to him, the AMS is going to be Blue tooth enabled in less.than 5 years, I was also told he has already seen it in the Demo stage, it works magnificently well and it does NOT need to be manually inflated in any way.

Because of prostate cancer I will be start this journey in about a month.
I asked him which of the two is better and he informed.me.they are .both very solid units but Coloplast doesn't have this new technology.

He told me that the revision to obtain this would not be difficult.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting this.

Think I will go with the AMS.
I'm sold!
AMS 700 installed 12/22/22
REAR TIP Extender 5.0CM MR Conditional
AMS 700 SPHERICAL RESERVOIR 100 ML.
AMS 700 LGX INFRA PUBIC 18 cm
Dr. Jeffrey Loh Doyle- USC KECK
Prostate cancer survivor- RP performed 8/20
56, Marathon runner, John Muir Trail fanatic.

frank66665

Re: Coloplast vs. AMS....An interesting twist.

Postby frank66665 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:20 pm

HikerMan wrote:Ok, I just got back from seeing my high Implant Doctor and he just told me something that blew my mind.
According to him, the AMS is going to be Blue tooth enabled in less.than 5 years, I was also told he has already seen it in the Demo stage, it works magnificently well and it does NOT need to be manually inflated in any way.

Because of prostate cancer I will be start this journey in about a month.
I asked him which of the two is better and he informed.me.they are .both very solid units but Coloplast doesn't have this new technology.

He told me that the revision to obtain this would not be difficult.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting this.

Think I will go with the AMS.
I'm sold!

would you mean he won't need a pump anymore?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:26 pm

I was wondering if that implant had made any headway. I did a survey about the Bluetooth enabled implant a couple of years ago. IIRC the pump and reservoir are one unit implanted in the abdomen. No pump in the scrotum. Enabled by using an app on your phone, or possibly a device similar to a key fob.
Can you see it guys? Sitting in your chair relaxing with a beer, watching the game when suddenly your dick starts rising. Your partner has the app too! LOL
I'm more worried about hackers. Suddenly 20 thousand males across the world get erections!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:36 pm

Old Guy wrote:I was wondering if that implant had made any headway. I did a survey about the Bluetooth enabled implant a couple of years ago. IIRC the pump and reservoir are one unit implanted in the abdomen. No pump in the scrotum. Enabled by using an app on your phone, or possibly a device similar to a key fob.
Can you see it guys? Sitting in your chair relaxing with a beer, watching the game when suddenly your dick starts rising. Your partner has the app too! LOL
I'm more worried about hackers. Suddenly 20 thousand males across the world get erections!

surely it will take the password, (limp fuck get up :lol: :lol: :lol: )
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:17 pm

I had a survey about 30 days ago with a manufacturer. Because of NDA I can't share much so the concept is closer but still has a long way to go for approval.

I also think the solution still need some refinement when it comes to charging the pump. Remember the fluid still needs to move from the reservoir into the implant. If you're not manually squeezing the bulb then some kind of mechanism has to do it.
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

CuzznClark

Postby CuzznClark » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:18 pm

This is interesting (and funny).
Had prostate surgery 20 months ago . Started using TriMIx with much success :) 8 months ago.

I hope Trimix works for me until the blue-tooth feature becomes available (with cordless charging) :lol:
67 yrs old, married ro my beautiful wife for 43 years..oral meds did the job beginning at 58 until undergoing RPS at age 64, Trimix worked until it didn't. Implanted with 20cm Titan (no RTEs) by Dr Levine on 3/18/24

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:53 pm

Personally I see some things that need to be addressed.
Battery life/recharging.
Max pump pressure.
Would it have settings for different inflations?
If the pump is built into the reservoir then any pump problem will require the reservoir to be removed. A bigger surgery IMHO.
The cost has to go up. This can't be a good thing for men that need to self pay, men in managed care counties or countries that don't cover implants at all.
What if the Blue Tooth standard goes away? Electronics are constantly changing. Think Betamax, VHS, analog television.
Good to see some innovations in the pipeline but there are subjects that would worry me.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:47 pm

I asked my doctor about advancements coming down the line, he mentioned this bluetooth option, but he's involved with the development of it and says it's at the very LEAST 5 years off, and likely much more.

He then asked me if I'd like to wait... nope.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:37 pm

Old Guy wrote:I was wondering if that implant had made any headway. I did a survey about the Bluetooth enabled implant a couple of years ago. IIRC the pump and reservoir are one unit implanted in the abdomen. No pump in the scrotum. Enabled by using an app on your phone, or possibly a device similar to a key fob.

Hahaha bro Im dead!!

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:40 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Personally I see some things that need to be addressed.
Battery life/recharging.
Max pump pressure.
Would it have settings for different inflations?
If the pump is built into the reservoir then any pump problem will require the reservoir to be removed. A bigger surgery IMHO.
The cost has to go up. This can't be a good thing for men that need to self pay, men in managed care counties or countries that don't cover implants at all.
What if the Blue Tooth standard goes away? Electronics are constantly changing. Think Betamax, VHS, analog television.
Good to see some innovations in the pipeline but there are subjects that would worry me.

These is one that looks better called Potency Flow from Implantica. Any idea about it

Return to “Implants”