Implant surgery on 11/3/22, now recovering with a few issues

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gatech96

Implant surgery on 11/3/22, now recovering with a few issues

Postby gatech96 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:31 am

Hello everyone. This is my first post, and what a great website this is. Wished I had found it earlier, given all the useful information here. I just had my Coloplast 3-piece implant surgery on 11/2/2022. Having my prostate removed due to cancer in mid-2020 left me with serious ED without any other effective solutions (pills, injections, pump, shockwave). I am 49 yo with good libido, so this has been very challenging, to say the least. It's been almost 2 weeks since my implant surgery. I have some concerns but I am still very optimistic for a successful end result. Per my research, I went with a higher volume urologist and the infrapubic incision technique thinking it would be better for post-op pains and recovery. The first week of recovery, I had various sharp pains (5-6 intensity) in the reservoir placement area. I believe and think I can feel that my reservoir has now migrated incorrectly out from where it should be. My Dr said if so, it's not a concern, and a quick procedure after when the swelling goes down, in about a month, can easily fix this. I was ok with this response at first but requested his option of a quick CT to verify the migration just to make sure we are on the same page. I had a CT last Friday and am now waiting today for his feedback. I am not so concerned since he said not to worry about it. I am though concerned that since my implant surgery, I have lost most of my feelings on the left side of my penis head as well as the upper left quarter side of my penis shaft. The rest of my penis has all normal feelings that I can tell by touching. Just those left side areas feel mostly numb. I have read that possible nerve damage is one of the only disadvantages of doing the infrapubic technique. My Dr said I should regain those lost feelings back once the recovery and swelling end, but I am still VERY worried about it. Any feedback, advice, and encouragement would be "greatly" appreciated! Thanks,
49 yrs old. Coloplast Titan installed 11/3/2022. ED since June 2020 prostate cancer removal surgery.

Return to “Implants”