How bothersome is the pump?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
seekonk

How bothersome is the pump?

Postby seekonk » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:15 am

I'm not far out from surgery (penoscrotal). I worry that the pump and tubing may feel like foreign objects and be bothersome to me and maybe a partner. If I cuddle with my leg thrown over a partner's leg will the tubing and pump at the base of the penis be pressing against them? For guys who had implant, how was the adaptation?

SteveSW

Re: How bothersome is the pump?

Postby SteveSW » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:01 am

Early on, you will be aware of the implant all of the time. You have had a foreign object shoved in your dick and sac, and with every movement it makes itself known, especially the pump. Over the weeks, your body adapts to the change, and it becomes less bothersome. If find the tubing at the base of my penis a non-issue and you have to look for it to feel it. The pump, however, is very discoverable by a sexual partner if they spend any time pleasuring or playing with your balls. The body contact you describe will most likely reveal nothing to your partner, but the more intimate acts will most likely reveal the pump.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:21 pm

Like SteveSW wrote, the tubing isn't noticeable at all.

The pump looks like a third ball in my sack. But it doesn't stand out, feeling-wise, during close contact.

The cylinders in my dick are far more apparent to me when it comes to feeling. Even after two years, the cylinders are clearly more solid when I'm deflated than my natural flaccid feel.

But that's a negligible drawback in my opinion when considering all the benefits of the implant.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:16 pm

I agree the tubes are almost Bo unnoticeable unless you actually push in and feel deep around my left side in the base of my penis.pump on the other hand is noticeably to the average feel. After 6 months my wife rolls it around just like the other two balls. Only time I’ve notice them in day to day life is when I drive a fork truck at work I fell the pump bumping around a little when I hit bumps in the Concret. Never been an issue at all though
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

3rd-Nut

Postby 3rd-Nut » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:55 am

I can tell you that it will feel odd for about the first year. But right now, after having it 10 years next month, it is part of my body and it feels like it has always been there. You will only regret not having done it sooner. The pump is your only means to an erection, so you will find it is your best friend.
Best of luck.
PC 2006, AMS 700 LGX implanted 18+3, 2012, Dr. Paolone in Madison, WI- Married 47 yrs.

Return to “Implants”