Advice about revision surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jimmi85

Advice about revision surgery

Postby jimmi85 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:30 am

Hi guys,

Quick background on my implant journey first-

Implanted by Michael Fraser in Feb this year. Healing and recovery went well and love the implant. However, I have been undersized as some may have seen in previous posts. My new ( potential ) surgeon - David Ralph thinks by 2-3cm and is strongly recommending a revision with a bigger implant following an MRI a few months ago.

Pre Peyronies I was rocking an 8 incher, pre surgery I was just shy of 6’ and now sit a smidge under 6’. I was surprised when I was told by my surgeon in recovery that I ‘only’ had an 18cm Titan, given my sizes pre and post Peyronies but I guess I now know why.

My issue/conundrum is, if I am able to have a good sex life as I am now, is it worth going through the pain and risk of a revision? I have been in a relationship for the last 3 months and the sex is great, although because the glans are not supported as the tips do not go anywhere near them, I am very floppy at and just below the glans meaning I have to manually insert the head of the penis into the vagina. I also don’t like being able to constantly feel the tips, The glans are at a 30 degree angle and oral can be painful sometimes if she catches the tips and I am a little worried that in time the tips could cause erosion.

We see each other 3/4 times a week and have 4 or 5 sessions each time spread out between the evening and early morning before work, so It’s not limiting what we can do, although some positions are difficult due the lack of rigidity.

I’m 37, fit and healthy but am a type one diabetic so I’m trying to work out if the risks outweigh the positives associated with a ‘perfectly sized’ implant.

I am well aware that an extra 2 or 3cm on the implant probably won’t change my size, but David has also said he will reposition the tubing as it’s very palpable.

What would you guys do?
Implanted by Mike Fraser in feb 2022 due to a 80 degree dorsal curvature. 18cm Titan - way undersized. 8’ pre Peyronies, 6’ pre implant - currently 6’.

Return to “Implants”