Is the hassle worth the moments you can have sex

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Littleleo

Re: Is the hassle worth the moments you can have sex

Postby Littleleo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:54 pm

Once a week? Oh yeah.
AMS 700 LGX on July 12, 2022. ED no diagnosed reason since teens with occasional success in 20s. Tried pills and injections.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:52 pm

smphead wrote:Bro's,

Life is not all about sex. In fact, the average male in his 40's has only 1,33 times sex a week, which last appr. about 15 minutes a session. I know, you, the Frank talk member is not the Joe Average and has at least 6 hot long sessions a week, with 7 seven different girls.

But imagine you are the Joe Average or just an average single Bro who is lucky if he even has once in a while a hook up. Is it worth the hassle?

With hassle i mean, the recovery, the costs, replacements, problems with clothes, walking with a semi-erect, embarrassing moments, etc.

Just wondering how you guys things about this perspective.

See my post on October 26th.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

corporatestiff

Postby corporatestiff » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:01 pm

I'm going to offer maybe another opinion here...

I have late onset type 1 diabetes. diagnosed at 35. 53 now. Somewhere around age 40 to 45 I stared having occasional trouble maintaining an erection. Prior to that, never a problem. Side effects from poor diabetes management. Ignored it since it only happened once in a while. Eventually I lost the ability to achieve an erection. Also had a heart attack and no longer can take the pills. They only sort of worked anyway. Tried a VED. Some success but not a viable option in the end. A couple of years ago I tried injections. No real success there. Too late for that too. Planned to get an implant about a year ago. Had it scheduled during a lull in the pandemic and everything; and then a couple of things changed in my work situation, and I thought it best to postpone. For a hundred non-implant related factors it was the right choice.

In the meantime, over the last 5 years or so, my wife and I have learned so much about how to touch each other and what each other like. We haven't had intercourse in years - probably 10 years since we had really good intercourse. but... the time we spend being sexual is better now than it was 10, 15 years ago. Maybe ever. Sounds cliche, I know, but I give her more, and more intense, orgasms now than she ever had before my ED.

Here's the thing - While all that is wonderful - I'd still like to be able to have sex with her again. I know she misses it too. If the stars align properly again in the next couple years, and my overall health allows it, I will absolutely get the implant. The moments will be worth it.
53 years old, Type 1 Diabetic since 35, Heart attack at 48- stent and triple bypass, Bladder cancer at 51. Currently cancer-free for 2+ years.
ED for about 6 years. Probably really more like 10 years.
Tried pills, VED, and injections. Implant in future.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:40 am

I'm scheduled for surgery on January 3rd, 2023 -- and I am super excited although my wife (68) has lost all interest in sex.

I'm doing this for me.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:25 pm

I have quoted LMcatman many times with the following:
It is a matter of how bad do you want it

for some, sex is a big deal, for others, it is not. So this is personal. Most guys who opt to have an implant did it because sex was a central part of their existence and identity.

Sure, once a week for fifteen minutes seems like no big deal; but so much of what many of us do in life is to insure that we get that once a week ecstatic time. The chase is exciting for us. A sexual male behaves differently then a sexually incapable male. And that behavior is 24/7. A friend of mine once stated that, like a dog, you should always be sniffing. What I mean here is that being sexiually able is a mindset that occupies your thoughts and inner voice constantly all day. For some of us, if you are impotent and you see a sexual scene on tv, it is depressing because you are not part of that world. For some of us, if you see or interact with a sexy woman, you might cower and/or avoid since she is out of your league. For others, thinking about how great that sex session last week went carries us through the entire next week or month because you performed in a studly, vigorous, way with vitality.

If the above paragraph does not resonate with your thought patterns, then you "do not want it bad enough" and you avoid implant. However, guys who face the troubles of implant surgery almost certainly will understand the statements above.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

BabyBarney

Postby BabyBarney » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:57 pm

I had my implant almost 12 years ago and up until October 1, 2022 when my wife had a massive stroke and passed away, we had sex 2 or 3 times a week. We enjoyed every session. Although I am 85, I am going to miss our sex as well as our wonderful life together after 65 years. I wish this for all you guys. It keeps you thinking and looking young. No one believes I am this age. We both kept ourselves looking good and enjoyed each other right up until the week she passed away. It definitely was worth it all after I had RP in 1998. Keep moving forward.
RP 1998; removed cancer but left with complete ED; penile implant 2011; 6" penis; continuing to have good sex until my wife died 10/1/22. Trying to learn to live alone after 65 years of a good marriage.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:56 pm

BabyBarney, sorry to hear of your wifes passing.
Gt1956
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:06 pm

babybarney...my heart goes out to you....I can't imagine the loss....i have heard losing a long term spouse is like being continuously underwater with no way up....but i have also heard that eventually, one day, you will pop up and breathe again.....oh, and thank you for the kind well wish to us all when you stated...."i hope you all have the same" (regarding sex into our eighties)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:16 pm

TANGERINE wrote:I have quoted LMcatman many times with the following:
It is a matter of how bad do you want it

for some, sex is a big deal, for others, it is not. So this is personal. Most guys who opt to have an implant did it because sex was a central part of their existence and identity.

Sure, once a week for fifteen minutes seems like no big deal; but so much of what many of us do in life is to insure that we get that once a week ecstatic time. The chase is exciting for us. A sexual male behaves differently then a sexually incapable male. And that behavior is 24/7. A friend of mine once stated that, like a dog, you should always be sniffing. What I mean here is that being sexiually able is a mindset that occupies your thoughts and inner voice constantly all day. For some of us, if you are impotent and you see a sexual scene on tv, it is depressing because you are not part of that world. For some of us, if you see or interact with a sexy woman, you might cower and/or avoid since she is out of your league. For others, thinking about how great that sex session last week went carries us through the entire next week or month because you performed in a studly, vigorous, way with vitality.

If the above paragraph does not resonate with your thought patterns, then you "do not want it bad enough" and you avoid implant. However, guys who face the troubles of implant surgery almost certainly will understand the statements above.

Tangerine,

I 100% relate to that paragraph.

While grocery shopping this morning I talked up two different women. Not because I thought I might have sex with them. But just because I knew I could fuck them if I had the chance, and I wanted them to know it, too.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Phallicy

Postby Phallicy » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:24 pm

"Is the hassle worth the moments you can have sex?"

Yes. (here add 1,000 exclamation points for emphasis)
Born 1959. Pills worked then stopped. Ditto Trimix. Implanted July 2022, Coloplast Titan 24cm.

Return to “Implants”