Revision and Traction

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
woodturner

Revision and Traction

Postby woodturner » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:56 pm

Jan 15, 2023 I am scheduled for revision surgery by Dr Hotaling University Of Utah.
My concern is the intervening 2-1/2 months and its affect on size. I asked about a VED and it was recommended
that I use a traction device.

I am not trying to gain size, I just don't want to loose any.
Does anybody have experience with traction and a revision?
Are there any recommendations for an inexpensive traction device.
I don't want to spend over $500.00 when I am going to be using it for only a couple of monts.
Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

newbie443

Re: Revision and Traction

Postby newbie443 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:06 pm

I used ved and manual stretching prior to implant. I would grab my penis with thumb on top and 2 finders on bottom at the base of the glans. Pull straight out toward the wall I was facing, then up toward my belly button, then down toward the floor, then right toward the wall on my right and then left toward the wall on my left. I would use this when I did not have time to pull out my VED and do penis exercise and then clean up and dry everything and put it away. You can do this as much as you like when you like and I had better luck with this after the first week than I did with VED. Do not pull really hard. Just a nice stretch and hold for a heartbeat or 2. You can do this for up to 30 minutes a day twice a day like cycling or penis exercise.

Good luck.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:21 pm

I did hundreds of hours of traction pre-implant to help straighten my Peyronie's curved dick. Traction on a natural dick is uncomfortable/painful enough. I can't imagine the pain you would feel trying to mount a traction device because of the way it uses bands or rigid tubing to secure your dick. Most of them apply pressure right behind the glans and would push hard on the tips. Just my opinion.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

martinh

Postby martinh » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:34 pm

I had a revision 10 months ago and had to wait 6-8 weeks from the time of failure of the old implant to the revision. I asked the urologist/surgeon if I would get loss of length from no cycling for that period. He said no, there would not be any loss of length or girth. I started cycling at 4 weeks after the revision and he was mostly correct. I measured a few mm loss of length and girth which I recovered quickly and now have gained a small increase in both above what I had with the old AMS700LGX.
2011 RP, nerve sparing 1 side, Gleeson score 7. Injections with Caverject 5mgm caused severe pain, Trimix resulted in PD. Implant 2014 AMS LGX 18cm +2cm rte. Revision 2021, AMS LGX 18cm + 2cm rte

Return to “Implants”