Test driving a Coloplast Malleable 1 piece

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
frank66665

Re: Test driving a Coloplast Malleable 1 piece

Postby frank66665 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:03 am

principles wrote:I'm very sorry to hear about the new development, just a bit of back luck. I'll tell you this though, my Titan lasted me 2 years and 2 months, I'm sad it's broken and I'm currently still waiting for a revision, but these 2 years 2 months I have had the implant, my sex life was incredible, and like many say, the feeling of knowing you could confidently bang any chick you see without thinking about pills and injections and timing those is so much worth the few months of pain during recovery. Even if I had to have surgery every other year, i'd still be getting the implant. Hang in there, I believe this procedure for correcting one of the cylinders positioning is going to be basically nothing. Keep us posted! You'll never regret this decision after you're healed in 1 or 2 months!

principles it is very comforting to read these posts for those who have to make a decision for the system, I'm sorry for what happened, what is the problem with the pump that has failed? will you change the pump or the whole system?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

principles

Postby principles » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:04 am

We're going to find out soon. But we suspect either a pump failure or a rupture of the tubing near the pump. The whole system will be replaced except for the reservoir, unless it's broken.
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

Imnothardyeteh

Postby Imnothardyeteh » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:36 pm

Thinking of getting malleable cause I am running out of options and it is the only one covered by insurance. Any input would be welcome regarding performance and loss of girth and or length and anything else relevant?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:14 am

Imnothardyeteh wrote:Thinking of getting malleable cause I am running out of options and it is the only one covered by insurance. Any input would be welcome regarding performance and loss of girth and or length and anything else relevant?

Welcome to the forum, imnotardyeteh. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

On the good side, the malleable will preserve your length so that when you eventually can afford an inflatable (if you decide to replace the malleable someday). By that time, perhaps technology will have made more improvements that will be worth the wait.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Anfornee

Postby Anfornee » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:02 am

Hey guys. The last couple of weeks has been very busy and full of new developments, both in my personal life and with the implant. I started a new job and at the same time the infection from the first implant resurfaced. It was nowhere near as bad as the first time. Another issue was the left implant was done incorrectly and was not in the proximal corpora. So basically the proximal part was floating freely in the perineum area. This is not good for a host of reasons.

I can’t say enough about Dr. Hakky in Atlanta. When he did the initial exam, he set me up for an immediate revision to correctly install another malleable implant, and to fix some of the issues that he found when doing the initial exam. He presents things openly and honestly, he manages expectations and he’s just a guys guy.

I am looking at 5 to 6 months minimum before I can make the decision of staying with a malleable or moving back to the titan. I’m OK with that because I’ve now had three surgeries in as many months. I’m tired of being poked and prodded and stuck with needles.

It’ll be at least four weeks before he will clear me for any type of action, and at this point, I’m gonna be the best patient in the world and listen to everything doc says.

The best advice I can give is look for the best surgeon you can afford even if it means traveling. Look for one that’s a center of excellence with one of the implant companies. Make sure they’re high volume and specify that they’re not just a high-volume surgical center, that they are high-volume for specifically implant surgery. I probably won’t add much to this other than to answer questions until I’m healed up enough to take this unit out for a test spin.

I just got home from the revision surgery and this is the first time I was able to do so without a catheter, and that’s nice cause I freaking hate catheters. I’m heading to bed and I will check this tomorrow to see if anybody has any specific questions.
Titan 24XL implanted by Dr Hakky on 6/13/23

Italian

Postby Italian » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:55 am

Anfornee wrote:Hey guys. The last couple of weeks has been very busy and full of new developments, both in my personal life and with the implant. I started a new job and at the same time the infection from the first implant resurfaced. It was nowhere near as bad as the first time. Another issue was the left implant was done incorrectly and was not in the proximal corpora. So basically the proximal part was floating freely in the perineum area. This is not good for a host of reasons.

I can’t say enough about Dr. Hakky in Atlanta. When he did the initial exam, he set me up for an immediate revision to correctly install another malleable implant, and to fix some of the issues that he found when doing the initial exam. He presents things openly and honestly, he manages expectations and he’s just a guys guy.

I am looking at 5 to 6 months minimum before I can make the decision of staying with a malleable or moving back to the titan. I’m OK with that because I’ve now had three surgeries in as many months. I’m tired of being poked and prodded and stuck with needles.

It’ll be at least four weeks before he will clear me for any type of action, and at this point, I’m gonna be the best patient in the world and listen to everything doc says.

The best advice I can give is look for the best surgeon you can afford even if it means traveling. Look for one that’s a center of excellence with one of the implant companies. Make sure they’re high volume and specify that they’re not just a high-volume surgical center, that they are high-volume for specifically implant surgery. I probably won’t add much to this other than to answer questions until I’m healed up enough to take this unit out for a test spin.

I just got home from the revision surgery and this is the first time I was able to do so without a catheter, and that’s nice cause I freaking hate catheters. I’m heading to bed and I will check this tomorrow to see if anybody has any specific questions.

hello brother, I remembered that you had surgery planned and I prayed a lot for you.
we are all brothers here.
you will slowly recover, don't worry.
I hope you keep us updated on everything because we really need it.
for now the only question I can ask you, given the honesty of the surgeon, did he tell you that over the years the malleable prosthesis pierces the glans? (extrusion).
thank you.

principles

Postby principles » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:01 am

Cathether is probably the worst part about the whole implantation. Infections are terrible but on the upside you do get to keep and try the malleable option, maybe 5 months from now you won't think about moving over to the Titan.
I just got my revision done to another Titan and as per my signature, if I get any more headaches sooner than 2025 I will almost certainly try the malleable instead.

You'll see the light as soon as you're completely healed. Despite everything, let's be glad implants exist, if not, we wouldn't have a hard dick to play with anyway, so despite all the hurdles, having any working implant for any duration of time is a win.

Please come back and share your experiences when you get back into fucking and let us know how you're feeling about your malleable implant. Your input is extremely valuable for lots of members here as you can probably tell since very few people get to try and report a malleable implant experience.

Wish you a smooth sailing from now on!
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

RoboCock69

Postby RoboCock69 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:08 am

Sorry you had to go through yet another surgery bro, but I'm glad you're now dealing with a surgeon who's part of what I call the "Big Five" (Perito, Eid, Hakky, Karpman, Clavell). Your chances of a positive outcome just went up exponentially. Did he install another Genesis malleable or one of the other brands? Please keep us posted on how your recovery is going and let us know when you get back to fucking. Good luck!
Born 1982. Implanted with Coloplast Titan 22cm in August 2021 by the great Dr. Perito in Miami. 6.125" BPEL, 5.25" EG. "It's the girth that gets her off."

Anfornee

Postby Anfornee » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:51 pm

He put in another genesis and only on the bad side. He left the other. I’m bandaged up like a mummy right now so I can’t see a thing yet.
As far as erosion or any of those other factors, the impression I got was that only happens or is more likely to happen if the implant is sized incorrectly. We really didn’t talk much about the sizing other than the fact that he says he’ll put the bigger size and he can that won’t cause damage.
I got to tell you, I love that guy. He’s exactly the type of people I like to deal with. 100% honest and gives you all the options and any issues he may run into. There’s absolutely no guessing with him. I was supposed to be in surgery for 45 minutes and was closer to two hours because he ran into some issues that he had a fix. he’s the type of doctor that will check up on you directly the next morning without going through a nurse or a PA.
I’ll keep up with this and let everyone know how things go from this point forward. I can still feel the nerve block and I’m also on Dilaudid so I’m feeling absolutely nothing pain wise. I go in for a check up in two weeks and he said after four weeks, I should be cleared to play again.

I think I answered all the questions but if I missed something I’ll circle back around.
Titan 24XL implanted by Dr Hakky on 6/13/23

Italian

Postby Italian » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:54 pm

Anfornee wrote:He put in another genesis and only on the bad side. He left the other. I’m bandaged up like a mummy right now so I can’t see a thing yet.
As far as erosion or any of those other factors, the impression I got was that only happens or is more likely to happen if the implant is sized incorrectly. We really didn’t talk much about the sizing other than the fact that he says he’ll put the bigger size and he can that won’t cause damage.
I got to tell you, I love that guy. He’s exactly the type of people I like to deal with. 100% honest and gives you all the options and any issues he may run into. There’s absolutely no guessing with him. I was supposed to be in surgery for 45 minutes and was closer to two hours because he ran into some issues that he had a fix. he’s the type of doctor that will check up on you directly the next morning without going through a nurse or a PA.
I’ll keep up with this and let everyone know how things go from this point forward. I can still feel the nerve block and I’m also on Dilaudid so I’m feeling absolutely nothing pain wise. I go in for a check up in two weeks and he said after four weeks, I should be cleared to play again.

I think I answered all the questions but if I missed something I’ll circle back around.

ok thanks bro. We look forward to your update. please don't abandon us

Return to “Implants”