Post op partial inflation question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Minnesota#2

Post op partial inflation question

Postby Minnesota#2 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:50 pm

Having one of those panicky moments. Actually haven’t had one until now. This question is for those with implants and were sent home with an erection for 3 weeks or so until post op appointment to learn how to cycle. I am currently 6.5 days away from my 3 week appointment. My surgeon left me with a 60% inflated for 3 weeks til my post op, where as I said I’ll start cycling.. my concern is I am noticing that my 60% inflated is more elastic. Like the skin isn’t as tight, and penis also feels less hard than before. I am able to move things around easier too, such as when running errands and putting it in my waist band. Before, the skin felt tighter and I couldn’t really bend it around very well like when trying to aim at the toilet to pee.. but now I can. Is this common? Just wondering if it is maybe a reduction in swelling plus it is all breaking in better? When I stand, it’s still at the 3:00 angle like before.. just curious if I should be worried about this and if others experienced this as well. I messaged my doc but sometimes it takes 48 hours for a response.

Thank you!
27y/o. For 9 yrs was told it was PerfAnxiety. Tried Pills, therapy, long/short term relationships, etc. Diagnosed low penis inflow via Doppler. 9/20/22 Dr. Kohler Rochester Mayo. Titan 22cm no RTE 125cc. Pre Implant length:5.9 Girth:idk. Post: L:5.9 G:4.6

Wiggles123

Re: Post op partial inflation question

Postby Wiggles123 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:56 pm

Completely normal. Thew physical swelling is now reduced so there is more room. That room will be filled when you cycle.....
AMS700 CX 21cm with 3 RTE 4-2019 by Dr Natale - failed 5-2021. Revision 6-2021 with issue (scrotal hematoma and infection). Dr. Ryan Terlecki revision 3-28-2022 (AMS700 CX 21cm with 1.5cm RTE). Cylinder failure at 18 months. 24cm AMS700 CX 11-29-2023.

Minnesota#2

Postby Minnesota#2 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:42 pm

Wiggles123 wrote:Completely normal. Thew physical swelling is now reduced so there is more room. That room will be filled when you cycle.....

Oh good… first time since surgery I’ve panicked. Way easier to waist band it from before. Within like 1 day I noticed a huge difference. Or when sitting on the toilet I couldn’t really bend down and point it down well to pee but now it’s super easy. It’s more malleable. That’s what concerned me.
27y/o. For 9 yrs was told it was PerfAnxiety. Tried Pills, therapy, long/short term relationships, etc. Diagnosed low penis inflow via Doppler. 9/20/22 Dr. Kohler Rochester Mayo. Titan 22cm no RTE 125cc. Pre Implant length:5.9 Girth:idk. Post: L:5.9 G:4.6

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:03 am

Yes, pretty normal. The swelling is going down, things are healing, and everything is settling into place. Careful poking around if your stitches aren't fully healed though, hands carry lots of germs.
I was left 60% inflated until my 2 week follow up. At that point I was too sore to let doc deflate me. So, I got left inflated until my 5 1/2 week follow up. I was still sore, but it felt good to release pressure off my shaft.
Sad part is doc never explained cycling and I didn't know that was something you're supposed to do.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Minnesota#2

Postby Minnesota#2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:55 pm

Old Guy wrote:Yes, pretty normal. The swelling is going down, things are healing, and everything is settling into place. Careful poking around if your stitches aren't fully healed though, hands carry lots of germs.
I was left 60% inflated until my 2 week follow up. At that point I was too sore to let doc deflate me. So, I got left inflated until my 5 1/2 week follow up. I was still sore, but it felt good to release pressure off my shaft.
Sad part is doc never explained cycling and I didn't know that was something you're supposed to do.

Okay thanks for reassuring me, Old Guy. As far as the stitches, I can't believe how much they have healed. My sack almost looks the same and is completely closed up. I don't see anymore dissolvable stitches. 5.5 days and I will learn how to cycle. I am not sore like you said you were at 2 weeks... But I will be at 3 weeks when I get to my appt.

That is a bummer about the cycling.... Given you werent informed on that, sounds like you have had a great outcome anyway! How soon were you to having sex, Old Guy?

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:34 am

Minnesota#2 wrote:Okay thanks for reassuring me, Old Guy. As far as the stitches, I can't believe how much they have healed. My sack almost looks the same and is completely closed up. I don't see anymore dissolvable stitches. 5.5 days and I will learn how to cycle. I am not sore like you said you were at 2 weeks... But I will be at 3 weeks when I get to my appt.

That is a bummer about the cycling.... Given you werent informed on that, sounds like you have had a great outcome anyway! How soon were you to having sex, Old Guy?

You are welcome.
Yes, I was sore for several weeks. The pain meds I got made me nauseous and did zip for the pain. I also think I had a reaction to the antibiotic on the cylinders, made my shaft feel sunburned for months. Inflating would make it worse, so cycling is something I might have avoided anyway.
I'm not really sure of my length before ED, but I know length was lost. The day doc deflated me (5 1/2 weeks) he cleared me to "go use it" (his words). I came home and masturbated; the next night had sex with the wife. I'm happy with the outcome, it works, no more pills or needles.
Nov. 8, 2019

Minnesota#2

Postby Minnesota#2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:38 am

Old Guy wrote:
Minnesota#2 wrote:Okay thanks for reassuring me, Old Guy. As far as the stitches, I can't believe how much they have healed. My sack almost looks the same and is completely closed up. I don't see anymore dissolvable stitches. 5.5 days and I will learn how to cycle. I am not sore like you said you were at 2 weeks... But I will be at 3 weeks when I get to my appt.

You are welcome.
Yes, I was sore for several weeks. The pain meds I got made me nauseous and did zip for the pain. I also think I had a reaction to the antibiotic on the cylinders, made my shaft feel sunburned for months. Inflating would make it worse, so cycling is something I might have avoided anyway.
I'm not really sure of my length before ED, but I know length was lost. The day doc deflated me (5 1/2 weeks) he cleared me to "go use it" (his words). I came home and masturbated; the next night had sex with the wife. I'm happy with the outcome, it works, no more pills or needles.

Sounds like it was well worth the wait! I am having such a hard time not using it. I hope they give me the go ahead since I have no pain and have completely healed (as far as I can see). I haven’t felt this type of libido in years. I noticed my 60% erection felt way less… I sort of got impatient and curious and did like 10 mini pumps (couldn’t get a full pump it is so hard to press down) and I went from like 55% to 70% so even the mini little pumps worked for me

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:16 pm

Minnesota#2 wrote:
Sounds like it was well worth the wait! I am having such a hard time not using it. I hope they give me the go ahead since I have no pain and have completely healed (as far as I can see). I haven’t felt this type of libido in years. I noticed my 60% erection felt way less… I sort of got impatient and curious and did like 10 mini pumps (couldn’t get a full pump it is so hard to press down) and I went from like 55% to 70% so even the mini little pumps worked for me

Even at my old age my libido remains high. The wait and not being able to use it was one of the worst parts. It felt like my boys were ready to burst. That first masturbation afterwards I shot like a teenager.
The pump is very hard to press but it will get easier.
I'd be careful messing with things before doc clears you though. You don't want to repeat this sooner than needed. But good you're feeling better.
Nov. 8, 2019

Minnesota#2

Postby Minnesota#2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:20 pm

Old Guy wrote:
Minnesota#2 wrote:

Even at my old age my libido remains high. The wait and not being able to use it was one of the worst parts. It felt like my boys were ready to burst. That first masturbation afterwards I shot like a teenager.
The pump is very hard to press but it will get easier.
I'd be careful messing with things before doc clears you though. You don't want to repeat this sooner than needed. But good you're feeling better.

Helps me know you experienced the pain too! I am glad to feel this pain of not being able to do it, but so badly want to and will be able to. Before it was "I know I am going to fail and all libido is gone because I am impotent". So grateful to have gotten this and I havent even used it yet. And thank you for the kind words Old Guy. Always kind with great advice.

Return to “Implants”