Titan OTR difficult deflation. Need help

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Halfman

Titan OTR difficult deflation. Need help

Postby Halfman » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:57 am

Good evening guys.
I have a Titan OTR installed nine weeks ago.
To deflate the device i need to press the release button 2-3 times, hold it each time and squeeze the shaft simultaneously. If use the one touch technique the valve simply doesn't stay open.
Squeezing the shaft simultaneously is NECESSARY.
Can everyone with a Titan OTR or touch relate with my experience?
I'm ok with all the abovementioned deflation procedure as long as I don't risk breaking the implant.
Hope you can help me.

warrenw

Re: Titan OTR difficult deflation. Need help

Postby warrenw » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:38 pm

My OTR has always required the button to be depressed while deflating. Even if "one touch" allowed the valve to remain open, it would only deflate until the pressure was equalized between reservoir and cylinders, which is probably 50% deflation. So yes, holding the button and squeezing the shaft is required.

I do recall that Merrix was able to get the OTR feature to work for him, you might search his posts for info on that.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

silver daddy 1960

Postby silver daddy 1960 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:43 pm

Hi Halfman

I do the same, hold the button and squeeze the shaft a bit.

Silver Daddy 1960
63 yrs old, NYC, DR. Eid Titan Coloplast Dec 10, 2021

bionicbrother

Postby bionicbrother » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm

For me pressing the button deflates it but not fully.. Squeezing the shaft gets the remaining liquid out(maybe 20% of it).. There will still be some liquid remaining(maybe 10%) for which I keep squeezing the button ( if required).. It takes time to get used to the system.. It can get bit tricky.. Also try using one hand vs another( for me left hand works better).. and also using certain fingers works better( for me thumb).. we need to figure out what works for each of us..
40 yrs old. Have ED and PE all my life. Never had penetrative sex all my life. Tried almost all kinds of options( pills, injections, natural therapies etc. Turned Bionic on May 17'22 with Titan by Dr.Karpman infrapubic approach.16cm+2 RTE

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:38 pm

Same way I have to deflate, press the button, hold it and squeeze my shaft. I wrap a layer of towel over my shaft, it helps deflate and feels better than just my hand.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Halfman

Postby Halfman » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:45 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.
Both helpful and reassuring.
I was panicking a bit.
Basically my deflation requires three phases.
First: when inflated press for 6-7 seconds the deflate button without squeezing my shaft. My penis goes down but there's still a lot of fluid in the cylinders.
Second: hit the deflate button, hold it for about 5 seconds and squeeze my shaft at the same time. If i squeeze my shaft without holding the deflate button or i hold the deflate button without squeezing my shaft the remaining fluid just stays there. So I have to hold the release button and squeeze the shaft simultaneously to successfully deflate the device. By doing so i get rid of most of the fluid.
Third: hit and hold for another 4-5 seconds the deflate button to drain the last 10-15% of fluid which is still there. After doing so, quick pump to prevent auto-inflation and I'm done.
Note that i've never heard any pop sounds when inflating or deflating since day one.
I simply inflate and deflate. While inflating is getting easier, deflating is not the quickest process as you can read.
And again: I'm not even bothered. As long as the above described is not a sign of malfunctioning - that's what worries me the most - and the implant works I'm absolutely ok.
The fact is that apparently the whole "one touch" deflating process seems to be nonexistent in my case and apparently I'm not the only one.
Go figure!

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:10 am

Halfman wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.
First: when inflated press for 6-7 seconds the deflate button without squeezing my shaft. My penis goes down but there's still a lot of fluid in the cylinders.
Second: hit the deflate button, hold it for about 5 seconds and squeeze my shaft at the same time. If i squeeze my shaft without holding the deflate button or i hold the deflate button without squeezing my shaft the remaining fluid just stays there. So I have to hold the release button and squeeze the shaft simultaneously to successfully deflate the device. By doing so i get rid of most of the fluid.
Third: hit and hold for another 4-5 seconds the deflate button to drain the last 10-15% of fluid which is still there.

I'm still having difficulty with deflation. Just finding that darn button, not easy for me. I know it when I find it. For me, must use the thumb --- and before I used my left hand, now I use my right hand.

My big secret is at the beginning of deflation to push the shaft down, not to squeeze it in. It goes down quickly then. Still have experimenting to do. Always push that button. Think I only deflated it completely only once or twice. I'll try your method.

Last night it took me 20 minutes or more to deflate. How long should it take to deflate?
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

Halfman

Postby Halfman » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:56 am

Tokyo_123 wrote:
Halfman wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.
Third: hit and hold for another 4-5 seconds the deflate button to drain the last 10-15% of fluid which is still there.

I'm still having difficulty with deflation. Just finding that darn button, not easy for me. I know it when I find it. For me, must use the thumb --- and before I used my left hand, now I use my right hand.

My big secret is at the beginning of deflation to push the shaft down, not to squeeze it in. It goes down quickly then. Still have experimenting to do. Always push that button. Think I only deflated it completely only once or twice. I'll try your method.

Last night it took me 20 minutes or more to deflate. How long should it take to deflate?

In my case i find it pretty quickly. Problem is pushing it with stable pression. When i hit it and then maintain the pression it tends to move a bit. So sometimes i have to reposition my fingers and start pressing again.
When I went to my local uro three weeks ago for a check he was able to deflate in a blink of an eye.
Maybe i should return and ask for a second demonstration.
Overall I'm not bothered because at the end it takes me about 35 seconds to deflate the implant. It's still too much though because according to my surgeon's explanation and to Coloplast it should be way easier to get this thing to be fully deflated and the valve should stay open after hitting the button once.
My surgeon is abroad and based on your username so is yours.
Maybe a quick mail could be an option.

Return to “Implants”