TO SITE ADMINISTRATORS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

TO SITE ADMINISTRATORS

Postby merrix » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:41 am

Recently there have been several posts from deeply depressed, desperate members explicitly talking about ending their lives.
Every case is a tragedy, and of course all of us hope they can recover and feel better.

But - I don't think anyone of us signed up to this site to act as some layman psychologist, trying to give advice to desperate people telling us they will commit suicide.
We are not trained for it and could potentially do as much harm as we could help.

I am fine being here to help people by telling about my implant journey, pros and cons, lessons learned and answering questions. Even talk to people on the phone.
About implants.
But when put in the situation that someone your are exchanging posts with says he is going to end his life - then it is something else.

I was just wondering what your take is on this whole situation.
So far, you have been silent as far as I can see.
Do you have anything to say about this? Any advice to your members?
Any protocol for how to handle this?

It is a serious issue, and I think it is starting to deserve your attention.
I suppose it is in your interest that people don't take the plunge because of some exchange on FT.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Littleleo

Re: TO SITE ADMINISTRATORS

Postby Littleleo » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:09 am

I'm not an administrator, but I think you bring up a very good point. In my opinion we as members should try and stick to advising these people to contact the proper channels to seek the proper help. For example suicide hotlines, or their primary physician. If they would take the step to get help from those that are qualified to do so could make all the difference.
AMS 700 LGX on July 12, 2022. ED no diagnosed reason since teens with occasional success in 20s. Tried pills and injections.

Luckyes

Postby Luckyes » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:45 am

While I know its not quite what the OP is saying...I don't feel like a "go seek help anywhere but here" is the best stance. If people are deeply depressed and post it here its best to remind them that an implant is not going to fix their depression and they should seek psychological help ASAP. This is a community so its good to have a place for people to speak out. I think a forum psych is appropriate - not necessarily implant subforum. In the end there are no magic pills or quick fixes to what a lot of these men are going through and erectile dysfunction can be a result of this depression or be worsened by it in a multifactorial sense.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:02 pm

Thanks for your concern. We do take these guys who seem to be in great emotional/mental distress very seriously. We do not address them in public for many reasons - privacy is the main concern. We reach out to them very frequently. We also don't remove their posts for several reasons - they can feel silenced or dismissed is probably chief among them.

This is also why we have posted the link to the suicide hotline. https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18158

In NO WAY do we expect guys who are active on the board to try to deal with these men. We do not ask men to try to be therapists or counselors. Reading these posts can be frightening and scary. As a way of self-care, I suggest that you not read these posts. I read them and guys often send me a message or DM to let me know about them.

The reality is we can only do so much on here. This was a topic I brought up in the documentary that the Discovery Channel did on ED. The medical world is failing these men every day. The unmet needs in this area of men's health are staggering - again for many cultural reasons and lack of education on the part of health care workers. That's why I started Franktalk 13 years ago!

I am grateful for your concern!
Paul

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:47 pm

It has been a concern, but isn't that been one guy posting under different handles?

Regardless, Thanks Paul for your concern on this. ED does cause depression; I know from experience.
Just hoping whoever it may be finds the right help they need.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:38 pm

needsomehope wrote:I often don’t feel like a “real man”, which affects every aspect of my life in a profoundly negative way.

Again don't base what a real man is on penis. These are feelings and you have the power to change your feelings or think in a different way.

needsomehope wrote:I’ve done ketamine therapy, I work out, I meditate, etc. Yet I still feel like an alien observing all these other humans getting to experience life on a level I may never know.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the ketamine therapy.

needsomehope wrote:I will be checking out within the next few days, which is my right and my choice and no one should attempt to keep me around just to suffer more. If I could somehow afford an implant? I’d gladly stay and attempt to work thru all the trauma, but I can not. So, I hope this at least gives a different or at least more complete viewpoint of my, and others, story.

Just another way of saying you are taking your life?

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:23 pm

merrix and Paul,

Thanks for addressing this issue.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:00 am

Frank Talk Admin wrote:Thanks for your concern. We do take these guys who seem to be in great emotional/mental distress very seriously. We do not address them in public for many reasons - privacy is the main concern. We reach out to them very frequently. We also don't remove their posts for several reasons - they can feel silenced or dismissed is probably chief among them.

This is also why we have posted the link to the suicide hotline. https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18158

In NO WAY do we expect guys who are active on the board to try to deal with these men. We do not ask men to try to be therapists or counselors. Reading these posts can be frightening and scary. As a way of self-care, I suggest that you not read these posts. I read them and guys often send me a message or DM to let me know about them.

The reality is we can only do so much on here. This was a topic I brought up in the documentary that the Discovery Channel did on ED. The medical world is failing these men every day. The unmet needs in this area of men's health are staggering - again for many cultural reasons and lack of education on the part of health care workers. That's why I started Franktalk 13 years ago!

I am grateful for your concern!
Paul

How do we donate $$$ for the cause?
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

Return to “Implants”