Post implant Re-set, existential change

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aslanglobal

Post implant Re-set, existential change

Postby aslanglobal » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:39 am

I think we all know this surgery can be life changing.
I had my implant installed a year and 2 months ago. I started
Using it 3 months later. I hadn’t really had sex in two years prior.
I had made attempts but eventually got so dispirited, I gave up trying
That last year. The last year has been one of the best in my 30s.
I lost maybe 4-5 years there of confident sex due to growing ED.
We know how it can affect everything.

My gf suggested that since I’ve only been fully functional for a year (in
awhile), my brain has yet to fully catch up with this reality. As in I’m
Still suffering w some lingering, mental effects of that ED. I think I can
Sometimes revert back to that old me, who was so down he just didn’t
Feel like he could do anything. Oddly enough, I was pretty confident before
All this ED started. Has this happened to anyone else? Overall, I’m doing well.
I’m just trying not make sense of all of it.
37, Implanted 8/10/21. 22 cm Titan, Dr. Tariq Hakky.

Old Guy

Re: Post implant Re-set, existential change

Postby Old Guy » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:17 pm

Yes, I went through 13 years of ED trying everything I knew about to fix it. Pills worked fine for a while, then began to fail and give me nasty side effects. Injections worked for a while, then began to fail. It was like going through ED onset three times. Depression got worse as each method failed.
My recovery was tough. I hurt for months. But once I turned the corner, figured out how to use my new manhood, it was like I reverted back 40 years. As my depression dissipated and my confidence grew my libido came back too.
I knew my old confidence was back when I spotted a pretty young thing at the park. She had obviously just finished a run, all sweaty, leaning on her car drinking water. In my mind popped the thought "Hey babe, want a workout after your workout?" I'm just a dirty old man, again. LOL
You'll be fine. It takes time.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:36 pm

aslanglobal wrote:I think we all know this surgery can be life changing.

What you're saying makes total sense to me. Count yourself fortunate you've only had ED four or five years in your 30's.

I had ED 19+ years before I got my implant. It started when I was 32 and I was completely healthy prior to the injury that caused my ED.

My ED devastated me. I try not to dwell on how much happiness and opportunity I missed out on as I slogged through the misery. I try today not to feel terrible guilt over the harm I did to others as I reacted unhappily, angrily, and fearfully to my ED.

I've improved a lot over the past 18 months once sex after my implant started to get good. I'm definitely like Old Guy--yesterday, while I was grocery shopping, I saw a cute young woman wandering around the store. I found myself envisioning taking her out to my truck and fucking her hard.

But I have a lot of recovery left to do. I find myself still struggling with confidence, clarity, and resolve in all areas of my life. I'm still too quick to get angry and easily become discouraged over minor things.

Still, now I have hope and a good sex life. That's been huge for me.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:56 pm

My mindset is a little different than guys with ED. I always had functionality—even now after the surgery I can get an erection without pumping up the implant—but my problem was peyronies. It decimated my penis and at the same time, my brain. It came on abrupt and frightening. I went from straight and fine to a 60° bend with a nodule in about 4 days. After a few more months, the pain remained, the bend got worse, and my penis got thinner and thinner.

I was close to suicide. If I’m honest, Some days I still am, but not because of peyronies. More because of the implant. Yet some days I feel, as some guys here say, like I have a superpower. My dick is straight, girthy, can stay hard forever. Yet in the back of my mind I feel like I’m subhuman because of this piece of equipment. Then other days I feel superhuman because of this thing.

I’m rambling, but basically I agree with the existential crisis thing. This is tough. These are difficult things we’re dealing with. Things could always be worse, of course. But just a few years ago, they were fine. So it’s a battle but it’s a battle I’m winning so far.
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

aslanglobal

Postby aslanglobal » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:12 pm

Thanks for putting it in perspective. I do consider myself very luck. It is odd considering so many sexual options now. I had to turn down women for years. At 37, I am not as pretty as I used to be, and at this point society expects me to have been married and have kids. I literally couldn’t even try for years. Now I find myself almost a new man, with a bionic (better than natural) dick. I am so grateful, but as I’ve encountered problems with my long time and reconnected gf,
And had to reconsider single life, it creates a very odd juxtaposition. I want to point out again I am so grateful and this was one of the better decisions of my life.

Time2Change wrote:
aslanglobal wrote:I think we all know this surgery can be life changing.

What you're saying makes total sense to me. Count yourself fortunate you've only had ED four or five years in your 30's.

I had ED 19+ years before I got my implant. It started when I was 32 and I was completely healthy prior to the injury that caused my ED.

My ED devastated me. I try not to dwell on how much happiness and opportunity I missed out on as I slogged through the misery. I try today not to feel terrible guilt over the harm I did to others as I reacted unhappily, angrily, and fearfully to my ED.

I've improved a lot over the past 18 months once sex after my implant started to get good. I'm definitely like Old Guy--yesterday, while I was grocery shopping, I saw a cute young woman wandering around the store. I found myself envisioning taking her out to my truck and fucking her hard.

But I have a lot of recovery left to do. I find myself still struggling with confidence, clarity, and resolve in all areas of my life. I'm still too quick to get angry and easily become discouraged over minor things.

Still, now I have hope and a good sex life. That's been huge for me.

aslanglobal

Postby aslanglobal » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:46 pm

I had to get over the subhuman thoughts myself fast. I felt it the first few days after when I could notice the addition inside me. Now, it feels like a part of me. When I read statistics that 1/3 of men under 40 now report consistent problems with ED, I know I’m actually one of the lucky ones. Mine worked great for years but a medication caused it go downhill. The last few months before my surgery, I rewatched a great movie, Kingdom of Heaven, Directors Cut. If you’ve seen it, you know where I’m going. King Baldwin, the Leper King, who chose to remain celibate to apparently avoid infecting anyone with leprosy. The situations were clearly different, but I found in researching him a figure to take solace in while I was suffering with all of that. I am so grateful I don’t have to rely on that now, but I seem to be processing all of this in spurts.

fade3W wrote:My mindset is a little different than guys with ED. I always had functionality—even now after the surgery I can get an erection without pumping up the implant—but my problem was peyronies. It decimated my penis and at the same time, my brain. It came on abrupt and frightening. I went from straight and fine to a 60° bend with a nodule in about 4 days. After a few more months, the pain remained, the bend got worse, and my penis got thinner and thinner.

I was close to suicide. If I’m honest, Some days I still am, but not because of peyronies. More because of the implant. Yet some days I feel, as some guys here say, like I have a superpower. My dick is straight, girthy, can stay hard forever. Yet in the back of my mind I feel like I’m subhuman because of this piece of equipment. Then other days I feel superhuman because of this thing.

I’m rambling, but basically I agree with the existential crisis thing. This is tough. These are difficult things we’re dealing with. Things could always be worse, of course. But just a few years ago, they were fine. So it’s a battle but it’s a battle I’m winning so far.

Return to “Implants”