1 year on (based in UK)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jpcfrank

1 year on (based in UK)

Postby Jpcfrank » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:00 pm

So it’s been a year……..

I’ve barely been on here for the last 9-10 months but given how much I used this site before I wanted to come back on with a post about my experience in case it helps someone.

Firstly, a bit of background

1'm 42, have suffered with ED my whole life however no clear diagnosis as to why, was on tablets for the majority of that time but impact decreased over the years, tried injections but they did not work for me. Made the decision to get an implant as it was having such a big impact on my life and I had virtually given up on sex.
I’m in the UK and was implanted with a AMS 700 CX, 21+ 4cm. I went private and had the surgery at London andrology, surgeon was Amr Raheem.

Surgery & Recovery
The hardest day for me was the day I got the surgery, the long term relationship I was in broke down (not linked to ED, although it clearly did not help..) so I was essentially doing this without support. I was in a really bad way and to say I had second thoughts was a massive understatement, more like 20th,30th thoughts !! It’s then not helped by having to fill in all the forms and then being asked if I really wanted to go ahead + a reminder of everything that could go wrong !!

The surgery went according to plan, I was discharged same day and had a hotel arranged for the night. I was groggy and recovering from anaesthetic, I then had to get in a taxi and get to the hotel with the catheter in and an inflated penis !. Looking back, I can see the funny side of having to check into the hotel with a strategically placed jumper to try and hide the erection…

Back to doc’s next day where the catheter was removed (that hurt….) and penis deflated, then back home for the recovery.

All in all I’d say the pain was very manageable throughout my recovery, the main challenge I had for the first few weeks was pressure on my bladder and the feeling of needing to pee all the time. This was a bit unpleasant but it did eventually pass. I was then back to see the surgeon about 6 weeks after surgery where he showed me how to start cycling.
I’ll now attempt to answer the main questions I had pre surgery

Size
Like everyone I was worried about losing size, did not lose any length at all bit did lose a bit of girth. I’ve not really kept track over the last 9 months but very happy with outcome

How does it feel ?
It’s fairly difficult to remember what great erections felt like ! it is a bit different in terms of how your penis moves but in terms of overall sensation I don’t think anything changed.

Any tips ?
The main issue I had for the first few months was that I was terrified of breaking it !, the first I think what really helped me was looking at “the exercise” by paul perito. Knowing that you can be fairly rough with the implant and this will help size + ongoing pain was a massive help for me.

How do women react?
As mentioned above I was in a long-term relationship that broke down, therefore I’ve been single since I had the implant so have started dating again. I’ve had sex with three different women in the last year. I personally made the decision not to tell them the first time we had sex. I took control of the situation and its fairly easy to hide if you do this. I did however open up fairly quickly. Firstly none of them knew that anything was different that first time having sex. Secondly no one had had an issue when I told them, all were supportive and it’s not been a problem at any point.

Other Issues
The other main issue I had in recovery was about 5 months in, I developed an issue where my penis curved to the right. Went back to the surgeon who said there were no issues and it may just be my natural erection. 2 months later the curve has gone and my erections are straight again.

Looking Forward
The surgery has been an amazing decision for me, I would not have had the confidence to date without this and given ED has been a huge problem in my life this is nothing short of a miracle for me.
I am nervous about how long it will last, if I can get anything close to ten years I’ll be delighted but for now I’m just going to enjoy the dick I never had before…..
AMS 700 CX
21+ 4cm
Implanted 01/09/21

Return to “Implants”