IMPLANT JOURNEY of 27 & 78 Yr Old: Same day Surgery 9/20/2022

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Minnesota#2

Re: 27 years old. Surgery Tuesday 9/20/22

Postby Minnesota#2 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:30 pm

Old Guy wrote:Holy Crap Minnesota, sorry to hear you're hurting so bad.
My immediate after surgery pain wasn't bad, guess because they gave me so many pain meds I didn't care. The next couple of weeks had me asking doc for stronger pain drugs though.
If they are keeping you in the hospital, you'll be in good hands. Ask for pain meds as needed.
Hope you get better quick.

That was not the case for me. Even with a ton of pain meds I was hurting bad. Best way to describe it is everything was throbbing and I was just in excruciating pain. They didnt let me stay another night even tho my pain was very high and I couldnt urinate. Not sure if it was an insurance thing or they needed beds? But they were about to teach me how to self cath and I laughed. Not a chance.

So they put a catheter in me and sent me home the 5 hours we had to drive. In pain. Now have to have someone locally in my hometown take out my catheter to see if I can urinate on my own. Pretty disappointed how my doctors sent me home like this.
27y/o. For 9 yrs was told it was PerfAnxiety. Tried Pills, therapy, long/short term relationships, etc. Diagnosed low penis inflow via Doppler. 9/20/22 Dr. Kohler Rochester Mayo. Titan 22cm no RTE 125cc. Pre Implant length:5.9 Girth:idk. Post: L:5.9 G:4.6

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:56 pm

Minnesota#2 wrote:That was not the case for me. Even with a ton of pain meds I was hurting bad. Best way to describe it is everything was throbbing and I was just in excruciating pain. They didnt let me stay another night even tho my pain was very high and I couldnt urinate. Not sure if it was an insurance thing or they needed beds? But they were about to teach me how to self cath and I laughed. Not a chance.

So they put a catheter in me and sent me home the 5 hours we had to drive. In pain. Now have to have someone locally in my hometown take out my catheter to see if I can urinate on my own. Pretty disappointed how my doctors sent me home like this.

Damn, that just plain sucks how you got treated. Being 5 hours away you think they'd want to keep an eye on you until things worked. No way I could self-catheterize myself either. It was tough enough having one in for the surgery. I did have to remove it myself, that's one of the strangest feelings ever.
Hope your pain subsides quickly. There are nurses on call almost everywhere if you need.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Minnesota#2

Postby Minnesota#2 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:45 pm

UPDATE: 09/22/22

I think someone asked for measurements.. For those interested, I found on my mayo app that I am;

Stretched Penile Length: 18 cm (to tip)
15 cm (to corona)

For the reservoir, Dr. Kohler said there is 2 different sizes with the titan and that he used the bigger one for me. The size of the reservoir goes by penis size I guess.

Here is a thorough update of my surgery.

9/19: went in for my doppler and blood test. What a miserable experience.. Got 10 units of the trimix.. best erection I have had since age 19. That being said, I experienced awful priapism. It lasted 3.5 hours. It took not 1,2 or 3.. BUT 4 phenylephrine shots to the penis to get my boner to go down, as well as 60 mg of sudafed, which reflected excellent venous system. However, what the surgeons saw (two were watching the doppler) was "remarkably low arterial inflow despite erectile quality for someone as young and fit as you are". I want to say my peak inflow was 10 cm/s when it should be in the 80s... So essentially what is going on with me is I have the very opposite of a venous leak.

9/19 evening: After that appointment, I went back to the hotel. Went and got some food and waited until 8:15pm, which was the time to call an automated number to check on when to report for surgery.. After calling, we discovered I would arrive at 9:04am the following morning for surgery.

9/20 (day of surgery): I arrived at 8:45am and the nurse had me called back around 9:25am. They put me in a room and got my scrubs on and did all the stuff you need to do before going in for surgery. Before I knew it, I was being hauled down to the surgery room and once the anesthesia face mask was on me, I was out like a light.

9/20 (after surgery): When I woke up, it was about 12pm. Not sure how long they operated on me for, but after laying there for 30 minutes or so, I realized even then how much pain I had. They decided to keep me over night and they pumped me full of meds all night. I tried to pee on my own but I couldn't, so they had to put a catheter back in. There were times where my pain was 10/10. In tears. They got my pain under control to about a 5/10 with pain meds and me not moving at all...

9/21: After the first night in the hospital, they were very adamant on getting me out that day.. I have no idea why. I was in a great deal of pain, was still not peeing on my own, etc. Anyway, we were discharged at 6pm and sent home on out 5 hours and 30 minute car ride home. It was not pleasant. I had flu symptoms and ran a 101 fever. Had lots of pain and swelling as expected.

9/22: As of 9/22 which is the day I write this, I have a lot of swelling in the penis and scrotum. I think my penis has only gotten more swollen though. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 9am to have my catheter out AGAIN to see if I can pee on my own. If I can't, then I will have to get a new one put in again. I am really nervous about not being able to pee on my own, but nurses are saying that happens to people sometimes after having surgery. Anyone who has had this not being able to pee issue please let me know.
27y/o. For 9 yrs was told it was PerfAnxiety. Tried Pills, therapy, long/short term relationships, etc. Diagnosed low penis inflow via Doppler. 9/20/22 Dr. Kohler Rochester Mayo. Titan 22cm no RTE 125cc. Pre Implant length:5.9 Girth:idk. Post: L:5.9 G:4.6

sgarza07

Postby sgarza07 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:39 pm

I am one that cannot pee after surgery. Takes about 48-72 hours for me to urinate on my own again. I was even taught how to catheterize myself because I refused a foley, which causes infections.
34 yo, limited hand/finger dexterity. Tried vacuums, pills, TriMix, and Jelqs and nothing works. Implanted with AMS 700CX 21cm, Right 0.5 RTE by Dr. Clavell in Houston, TX on 5/12/21. Frenectomy 5/11/22 by Dr. Clavell.

Pau1pau1

Postby Pau1pau1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:30 pm

Jesus I feel sorry for you guys , nhs would never kick you out like that. The people who work in the nhs don’t get paid a ton of money, including doctors. They do it because they like helping people . I would hate to have a op and feel like they were trying to kick me out .
Get well soon and zi hope you get no complications .

Minnesota#2

Postby Minnesota#2 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:02 pm

Old Guy wrote:
Minnesota#2 wrote:That was not the case for me. Even with a ton of pain meds I was hurting bad. Best way to describe it is everything was throbbing and I was just in excruciating pain. They didnt let me stay another night even tho my pain was very high and I couldnt urinate. Not sure if it was an insurance thing or they needed beds? But they were about to teach me how to self cath and I laughed. Not a chance.

Damn, that just plain sucks how you got treated. Being 5 hours away you think they'd want to keep an eye on you until things worked. No way I could self-catheterize myself either. It was tough enough having one in for the surgery. I did have to remove it myself, that's one of the strangest feelings ever.
Hope your pain subsides quickly. There are nurses on call almost everywhere if you need.

Exactly!! I could not believe it...I have had so many catheters in and out of me and I still cant stand the thought of self cathing. Thanks for the kind words!

Minnesota#2

Postby Minnesota#2 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:40 pm

UPDATE: 09/23/2022. 72 HOURS after surgery

Today I had my appointment to have my catheter removed with my general practitioner. I had it removed at 9am and finally urinated on my own when I got home. Almost exactly 72 hours later. I feel very relieved. Still no bowel movements though which my last one was the morning of my surgery (9/20). Hopefully this happens soon with the pills my surgeon provided me.

As far as healing, my swelling is everywhere. On my penis, the head or Glans is fine. Right below the head is the most swollen and feels sort of numb. My shaft is swollen as well but not terrible. My testicles are extremely swollen and big. Been icing a lot. Not on a set schedule. I just ice randomly in different spots. I am moving around better and with tylenol and oxycodone the pain is very manageable.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out. Also, advice, tips, personal experiences are all welcome as well!

sgarza07

Postby sgarza07 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Ice, Ice, Ice... REST, REST, REST is key. The hardest part is behind you.
34 yo, limited hand/finger dexterity. Tried vacuums, pills, TriMix, and Jelqs and nothing works. Implanted with AMS 700CX 21cm, Right 0.5 RTE by Dr. Clavell in Houston, TX on 5/12/21. Frenectomy 5/11/22 by Dr. Clavell.

Minnesota#2

Postby Minnesota#2 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:52 pm

sgarza07 wrote:Ice, Ice, Ice... REST, REST, REST is key. The hardest part is behind you.

Awesome to hear. It is tough for me to sit still and need to make sure I don't overdo it

nuance

Postby nuance » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:31 pm

Minnesota#2 wrote:UPDATE: 09/22/22

I think someone asked for measurements.. For those interested, I found on my mayo app that I am;

Stretched Penile Length: 18 cm (to tip)
15 cm (to corona)

For the reservoir, Dr. Kohler said there is 2 different sizes with the titan and that he used the bigger one for me. The size of the reservoir goes by penis size I guess.

Here is a thorough update of my surgery.

9/19: went in for my doppler and blood test. What a miserable experience.. Got 10 units of the trimix.. best erection I have had since age 19. That being said, I experienced awful priapism. It lasted 3.5 hours. It took not 1,2 or 3.. BUT 4 phenylephrine shots to the penis to get my boner to go down, as well as 60 mg of sudafed, which reflected excellent venous system. However, what the surgeons saw (two were watching the doppler) was "remarkably low arterial inflow despite erectile quality for someone as young and fit as you are". I want to say my peak inflow was 10 cm/s when it should be in the 80s... So essentially what is going on with me is I have the very opposite of a venous leak.

9/19 evening: After that appointment, I went back to the hotel. Went and got some food and waited until 8:15pm, which was the time to call an automated number to check on when to report for surgery.. After calling, we discovered I would arrive at 9:04am the following morning for surgery.

9/20 (day of surgery): I arrived at 8:45am and the nurse had me called back around 9:25am. They put me in a room and got my scrubs on and did all the stuff you need to do before going in for surgery. Before I knew it, I was being hauled down to the surgery room and once the anesthesia face mask was on me, I was out like a light.

9/20 (after surgery): When I woke up, it was about 12pm. Not sure how long they operated on me for, but after laying there for 30 minutes or so, I realized even then how much pain I had. They decided to keep me over night and they pumped me full of meds all night. I tried to pee on my own but I couldn't, so they had to put a catheter back in. There were times where my pain was 10/10. In tears. They got my pain under control to about a 5/10 with pain meds and me not moving at all...

9/21: After the first night in the hospital, they were very adamant on getting me out that day.. I have no idea why. I was in a great deal of pain, was still not peeing on my own, etc. Anyway, we were discharged at 6pm and sent home on out 5 hours and 30 minute car ride home. It was not pleasant. I had flu symptoms and ran a 101 fever. Had lots of pain and swelling as expected.

9/22: As of 9/22 which is the day I write this, I have a lot of swelling in the penis and scrotum. I think my penis has only gotten more swollen though. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 9am to have my catheter out AGAIN to see if I can pee on my own. If I can't, then I will have to get a new one put in again. I am really nervous about not being able to pee on my own, but nurses are saying that happens to people sometimes after having surgery. Anyone who has had this not being able to pee issue please let me know.

That sounds awful, did you drive on your own? You mentioned they messed up, is it by not injecting enough pain meds before/during surgery? I hope you feel better in a week or so.

Return to “Implants”