Revision & Dr. Eid

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NJ Fred

Revision & Dr. Eid

Postby NJ Fred » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:14 pm

Gents,

I am 73 y/o. I had an AMS 700 implant two-plus years ago. It became impossible to inflate about two years ago.

A Uro with whom I consulted advised a revision is in order. I had to postpone it while I battled prostate cancer - a fight I won, thank goodness.

The original implant robbed me of approx two inches. I realized a slight increase in girth. Starting out with 5 1/2 inches, I didn't have much to spare!

I have a consultation in NYC with Dr. Eid on 9/26. From what I've read here, he is one of the best when it comes to implants.

I am leaning towards a malleable device. However, Eid is the doctor and he will know best after examining me.

My wife does not complain - - there is "outercourse" and we enjoy it. But the psychological impact on me is beyond frustrating.

My radiation oncologist opines that Dr. Eid might be able to restore all or some of the length I lost. I pray he is right.

Any thoughts, advice, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Fred
72 y/o, married 36 yrs to a lady with the patience of a Saint. Diabetic, high blood pressure - I'm a wreck! AMS 700 via Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, Wellington ,FL on 1/29/20.

Duke16

Re: Revision & Dr. Eid

Postby Duke16 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:04 pm

Dr. Eid is the best in the world. I also went to see him from palm beach county in 2018. It came out perfect. In fact I did not need any pain medication and was walking around the city 3 days after surgery. This plane ride is worth it.

Return to “Implants”