infrapubic and penoscrotal happy and unhappy, if you have had both procedures you can report the differences.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
frank66665

infrapubic and penoscrotal happy and unhappy, if you have had both procedures you can report the differences.

Postby frank66665 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:42 pm

this poll could help many brothers here. those who like me will soon undergo an ipp, (November 17 will be my day), in this survey all the brothers of the brotherhood who have undergone ipp will be able to participate
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

gjmjoe017

Re: infrapubic and penoscrotal happy and unhappy, if you have had both procedures you can report the differences.

Postby gjmjoe017 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:08 am

Infrapubic- Happy
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

charlie

Re: infrapubic and penoscrotal happy and unhappy, if you have had both procedures you can report the differences.

Postby charlie » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:22 am

Penoscrotal. Happy
Implanted on the 22/07/2021. AMS.CX 18cm /4cm rte was 5.5” pre implant lost no lenght still 5.5”

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:55 am

frank66665 wrote:infrapubic and penoscrotal happy and unhappy, if you have had both procedures you can report the differences.

this poll could help many brothers here. those who like me will soon undergo an ipp, (November 17 will be my day), in this survey all the brothers of the brotherhood who have undergone ipp will be able to participate

I'm having surgery at the end of the year and my doc offers both infrapubic and penoscrotal. I am very interested in what the results are. I do know that Dr Eid prefers penoscrotal and believes this is the best approach to preserve size.
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:21 am

Infrapubic. VERY happy with results.

In the hands of a really good surgeon, you’re going to get your size back either way. Now, to be honest, 3 weeks after surgery you’re going to be shorter and thinner and wondering what the hell is going on. Six months to a year later you’re going to wonder why you worried.

I’ve had several inguinal hernias repaired in the pubic region, and with each of them I had more lingering numbness than I did with the implant. I had 3 or 4 days of a numb spot about 3” above the pubic bone that resolved completely. No loss of sensation. Again, a doctor who does a lot of these knows how to avoid nerves.

There are a lot of skin folds in the scrotum that can provide excellent places for bacteria to hide, so there is some anecdotal evidence that infection is a bit more of a risk with penoscrotal. Still, in the capable hands of a truly good surgeon that risk is low.

It is my understanding that reservoir placement is easier with infrapubic and pump placement is easier with penoscrotal. In my case the reservoir was the challenge due to my history of hernia repairs and mesh etc etc. I did have to pull down on my pump for a couple of weeks to get it to permanently seat at a convenient location.

Here’s a novel idea. Put yourself in the care of a surgeon whom you trust and in whom you have confidence, and allow him to use the technique he feels offers you the best opportunity for success. Go along with the doctor making medical decisions as long as they make sense. If they don’t make sense, find a different doctor.

Both infrapubic and penoscrotal techniques are widely used, widely accepted, and industry standards for installing an implant. Now…..if a doctor started suggesting shoving it in via your ass or nose, I’d start to worry.

I’m not sure but a little faith is the single most important factor in a good outcome. Don’t overthink things. Titan or AMS? RTEs yes or no? Infrapubic or Penoscrotal? Travel to NYC or have it done close to home? A guy can drive himself crazy. Best bet-make the best decision based on what you think is best for you, then accept that decision with total faith that the outcome you’ll get is the best possible outcome. No second guessing. No woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Guys aggravate their ED constantly with performance anxiety. Second guessing themselves about implant surgery choices is nothing but a source of grief and angst.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:30 am

thanks to gjmjoe017 always active and present, to charlie, to Txagq8 for his very welcome detailed description, also to aussiePeyronies who is waiting for information for the new event, I hope for a wider intervention given the users implanted in this forum, if this wonderful forum did not exist, I would not know where to find all this living information
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:02 pm

I have had both done several times with all my revisions and infection. I believe my penoscrotal surgeries the biggest issue was that I had a lot more swelling afterwords and more pain. Also when I got the infections was with penoscrotal . With infrapubic I think I had less pain and swelling, but the implant that was installed was shorter and the tubing running down to the pump is kind of in the way. To give credit the last implant installed was after a major infection and I am appreciative they were able to even reinstall it. I think the most important thing is that you see a great dr that cares about your outcome
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:54 pm

My first implant was penoscrotal. My first surgeon was a "lying dick dick doctor". who fucked it up left, right, up and down, necessitating a revision in just under a year. Recovery was long and painful. Subsequent revisions have been infrapubic, performed by Dr Perito in Miami. Much less pain, much faster recovery.

The skill of the surgeon does make a difference!

Good luck man!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:55 pm

LMCatman wrote:My first implant was penoscrotal. My first surgeon was a "lying dick dick doctor". who fucked it up left, right, up and down, necessitating a revision in just under a year. Recovery was long and painful. Subsequent revisions have been infrapubic, performed by Dr Perito in Miami. Much less pain, much faster recovery.

The skill of the surgeon does make a difference!

Good luck man!!!

he is the doctor who will implant me, he worked in miami closely with paul perito, i hope he can be up to his teacher
294184210_568271081428872_6173473676053901840_n.jpg
294184210_568271081428872_6173473676053901840_n.jpg (175.17 KiB) Viewed 478 times

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:53 am

frank66665 wrote:thanks to gjmjoe017 always active and present, to charlie, to Txagq8 for his very welcome detailed description, also to aussiePeyronies who is waiting for information for the new event, I hope for a wider intervention given the users implanted in this forum, if this wonderful forum did not exist, I would not know where to find all this living information

Thanks Frank, it's very reassuring reading comments like this.

If anyone is willing to also share their dimensions before and after. A lot of people are under the impression that penoscrotal is the best way to preserve size, however, many people here have reported good results with infrapubic.
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Return to “Implants”