VED Pressure Confusion

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
crazyjoe

VED Pressure Confusion

Postby crazyjoe » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:31 pm

I bought a LeLuv after reading many positive reviews on FT. It's a hand pump with gage. The gage goes to 30hg with a redline at 15hg. For the past 6 months or so, I first cycle to erect, and then I have been pumping to about 12hg and after a couple seconds releasing the pressure ,then repeating for about 10 mins. It gives great pain-free inflation and during the session my unpumped length increases. I only got some edema when going over 15HG. Guys on FT caution not to go above 5HG ,but at that pressure I get basically no inflation effect.
Does anyone else go over 5HG? Other advice?
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

Cnidium

Re: VED Pressure Confusion

Postby Cnidium » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:37 pm

I pump only up to 5hg. I get a ton of engorgement at this level, very mild edema, and no pain. I tried going up to 7.5hg once and it did not feel good. Just my experience and ymmv.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:01 am

My vacutech system has a gauge with the red line on 7 Hg. Below that line there is a green one that sits at 4 Hg. The directions always recommended the green line and up to the red, but never over the red line. It was clearly stated that you run the risk of injury or doing some kind of skin damage. The skin on the penis is pretty delicate, and you don't want to get busted blood under the skin. There's a name for it, but I can't think of it at the moment.

I personally don't see any benefit of pumping to higher pressures. For me at 7 Hg it just gets tighter and more uncomfortable around the scrotum because the vacuum suction just pulls the cylinder into the body. The more pressure the deeper it digs into me. Any illusion of gaining length with increasing pressures is likely because the pump tube is moving deeper into your body and fat pad. I can't imagine pumping to anything above 7

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:05 pm

Everything you guys are saying makes perfect sense. I can only think that there is something different/wrong with my gage. It is interesting that the vacutech has a red line at 7 hg vs mine at 15 hg. At any rate ,I don't want to do any damage so maybe I need a new VED.

Does anyone else have experience with a LeLuv?
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:30 pm

crazyjoe wrote:Everything you guys are saying makes perfect sense. I can only think that there is something different/wrong with my gage. It is interesting that the vacutech has a red line at 7 hg vs mine at 15 hg. At any rate ,I don't want to do any damage so maybe I need a new VED.

Does anyone else have experience with a LeLuv?

I should post a pic of my gauge so you can see and compare. I have heard of LeLuv and may eventually buy one of their cylinders because they look compatible with my vacutech.

ETGuy71

Postby ETGuy71 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:26 pm

I only pump to 7, only stayed under vacuum for maximum of 20 minutes. The goal is not to break capillaries or get edema. As far as I know, the goal is to fill the corpus cavernosum (if you aren’t implanted)and stretch the penis shaft. This is what the doctor recommended for me to do. I think there are some “pumpers” that take VED use to a whole different level and actually do damage. Their penis actually looking weird and deformed with so much edema. But to each his own.
Diagnosed venous leak. Going with injections rather than implant for the time being.

wunhunglo

Postby wunhunglo » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:51 pm

Hi,
Did Eid say it is safe to use VED post implant? Sine your implant is a fixed length, won’t gaining length cause a floppy head?
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:42 am

thanks for your question. I did not discuss VEDs with Eid. But as you know, other high volume docs such as Hakky strongly recommend it.

I am not medical ,but I have read opinions on FT that lengthening can happen over time due to softening of the tissues and also the tubes -- and no, have not had any floppy glans issues at all.

Would welcome any other opinions. Thank you.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:44 pm

The only document I have seen on VED use post implant surgery was with a hand selected small group of men and every one of them received an AMS LGX. And average activation time was 8 days. This paper had a well-known Florida doctor signed on the document. That doctor had been critical of AMS in the past and used Coloplast only. So I have questions that the results may have had more to do with early activation which has been documented as reducing size loss and the LGX which as been shown in documents to expand in length more than Coloplast. That VED use post-surgery document did not have protocol for the VED therapy. There is a document for penis exercise pre surgery and it warns about applying vacuum to fast and only enough to cause an erection that will lift the penis off the bottom side of the tube. VED use for sex has the same warnings and advises a time limit with the restriction ring in place and also the number of times a week that it should be used. You can find information in the general discussion section of this forum in the documents worth reading thread on penis exercise and the coffin effect for early activation. And I am sure there are documents on-line with VED use for sex instructions if you cannot find them in that thread. This is a link to the VED post-surgery https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/d88 ... action.pdf

You may want to contact one of the doctors that have recommend VED us post-surgery for a protocol. As this is being used for therapy rather than for sex, I would think that a protocol more in line with the penis exercise document would be used. In that protocol if I remember correctly, you apply vacuum very slowly and just enough to lift the penis off the bottom side of the VED tube. Then you deflate after just a few seconds and repeat for as many times that you can for the protocol time recommendation. That may be 10 to 30 minutes.

I am not a doctor but from what I have read is that even staying at or below 5hg if applied too fast you can cause damage. And of course, too high vacuum can also cause damage. In addition to that the warnings about restricting the number of times a week and the amount of time with the constriction ring on indicates to me that the possibility of damage exists with this. When vacuum is applied it stops circulation to the penis. Blood is pulled and trapped in the penis. So the tissue is being starved of oxygen. Appling vacuum and then releasing after a few seconds will pull fresh blood in each time and then you can do this 1 or 2 times a day every day instead of the several times a week in the VED for sex protocol.

This is just the way my mind understands the information I have read. I did not use VED post op. It is up to you if you want to or not and how you want to do it. Good luck with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”