What happens with penile implant removal?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Raider82

What happens with penile implant removal?

Postby Raider82 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:01 am

Hello,

I've had a penile implant for almost 24 years; details are in my signature. For several reasons I'm looking to get my current device removed but not replaced.

Can anyone share any experiences or information on what I can expect following removal? I've been told I can expect that the formation of fibrous scar tissue will shorten length a couple of inches and make future implantation impossible. I can live with these consequences.

I'm concerned about being able to urinate with scar tissue doing whatever it's going to do. I'm also concerned about losing more sensation and not be able to orgasm. I'm not sure I can live with these consequences.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers

R82

Rider1400

Re: What happens with penile implant removal?

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:45 am

Just curious… how could you masterbate or in any other way have an orgasm without anything inside your dick? If you remove what you have it would be a completely limp appendage with no ability to get in any way firm. Just wondering. I could not imagine not replacing mine if there’s ever a problem of any kind, short of being incapacitated to the point I couldn’t use it for the rest of my life. Not prying but I can’t get my mind around the question, we all live our own lives and have our personal reasons for doing what we do. Good luck in the future in whatever you decide to do, and however the results turn out. Please keep us posted.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Raider82

Postby Raider82 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:24 am

Thanks. I've lived with implants for 24 years. I haven't been able to use them because of aggressive sizing/tip placement. The wife and I tried them out but they caused pain ruining the moment. I haven't had a firm erection in 30 years and suppose I've adjusted to life without one. I get latent natural erections adding fullness to my penis but nothing more. These are nice and I wouldn't want to lose them. Sensation isn't what it used to be. I've had other health issues so I'm trying to simplify everywhere possible.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:50 am

I don't think it is a good idea to get the cylinders removed and leave their space empty. I can't even imagine how your shaft will look like. The void that will be left by removing the cylinders won't stay (hollow). A malleable (or some kind of flexible filling) might be a good option for you at least to keep your urethra in shape so that you can urinate without problems.
With the implant being (irreversible), you won't get any sort of erection without it. I understand that you have your reasons to not willing to get it replaced, but because it has to be replaced instead of removed, you can get a new implant that will give you a different experience than that you had with the current one.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Raider82

Postby Raider82 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Thanks. Great points about urinating, shaft appearance, and hollow spaces scarring down. I read in 1998 "once an implant, always an implant". Taking it out is somewhat unpredictable. A smaller malleable or something else to keep the hollow spaces open makes sense. I ruled out a malleable after living with one for seven years, but maybe if sized right and newer tech it could work. I looked at the Coloplast Genesis (seemed simplest), BS Tactra (seemed hardest), and Rigi10 (felt softest). I looked at the BS 700 CXR due to scarred corpora. I'm no longer trying to max out size, been there done that. I'm going for safety, comfort, concealment and useability.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:09 pm

Do you know what brand/model of implant you have now? If you have a coloplast titan, switching to an AMS LGX could give you a much smaller and more comfortable/natural flacid
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Couldn't you have intercourse with both type of implant (malleable and 3 pieces)?

Raider82

Postby Raider82 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:16 pm

Thanks Yes I do. It's a Mentor Alpha I 3-piece inflatable from 2005. It's supposed to be an earlier version of the Coloplast Titan. Coloplast bought out Mentor's product line. It's got pointy distal tips. When flaccid the cylinders feel kind of stiff have folds like dog ears that have sharp corners closer to the shaft base. I had it checked out and it sounds like old age weakened the cylinder walls. I also think having a narrower malleable for 7 yrs before resulted in scar tissue that limits how much the inflatable can expand.

nuance

Postby nuance » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:05 pm

I looked at your older posts and it seems like you've been looking for some solutions for a while. Might be a good idea to talk to Clavell or Hakky to get an opinion, they might be able to fix the issue causing pian/discomfort in your glans.

Raider82

Postby Raider82 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:24 pm

Regarding intercourse; no we could not do it with either type given the the tips (the left moved outside the glans, the right crossed over near the urethra opening). I thought they were too long by about 2 cm. This created problems for me and for her. Thanks.

Return to “Implants”