Pump “dimples” at max inflation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jack1104

Pump “dimples” at max inflation

Postby Jack1104 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:26 pm

Hello everybody, coming up on my one year anniversary of being implanted.

Pumping to the max has become very easy, but when I get to the max on the last squeeze the pump dimples in and doesn’t go back to its original spherical shape until I press the release valve and deflate. Anyone else experience this? When I feel it during maximum inflation the pump has a “caved-in” feel to it.

Thank you!
Coloplast Titan 20cm no RTEs
9/17/21 Dr. Eid

cwatt1

Re: Pump “dimples” at max inflation

Postby cwatt1 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:45 pm

I have an AMS 700 rather than a Titan, so it may not work exactly the same, but are you sure you're not pressing the release button at the same time you're squeezing the pump? I've come close to doing that once it gets hard to pump.
ED since using SSRI antidepressants. Unable to maintain erection sufficient for penetration. Tried PDE5's, VED, injections. AMS 700 CX implanted 8/1/2022, penoscrotal by Dr. McVary, Loyola medical center. 15cm + 1.5 and 1.0 RTE's. 65 ml reservoir.

Jack1104

Postby Jack1104 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:54 pm

Definitely not.

I pump to what I believe is the max and then my pump won’t return to its normal shape. One side is concave. Like a rubber ball that’s been pushed in. it stays that way if I am cycling or during sex.

The very moment I hit the release valve to deflate, the pump fills up and pops back to a spherical shape. It hasn’t affected function at all, I just find it weird. my theory is that I have depleted the reservoir at that point and so there is no fluid to suck into the pump so it stays depressed. The moment I hit the release valve whether it is one minute or one hour later the fluid goes from the cylinders back into the pump and it pops back to normal.
9/17/21 Dr. Eid

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:58 pm

Jack1104 wrote:Definitely not.

I pump to what I believe is the max and then my pump won’t return to its normal shape. One side is concave. Like a rubber ball that’s been pushed in. it stays that way if I am cycling or during sex.

The very moment I hit the release valve to deflate, the pump fills up and pops back to a spherical shape. It hasn’t affected function at all, I just find it weird. my theory is that I have depleted the reservoir at that point and so there is no fluid to suck into the pump so it stays depressed. The moment I hit the release valve whether it is one minute or one hour later the fluid goes from the cylinders back into the pump and it pops back to normal.

my theory is that I have depleted the reservoir at that point and so there is no fluid to suck into the pump so it stays depressed

That was my first thought...and it still is my opinion.

The bad news is that if your penis does stretch out, you will not have anough fluid to take ful advantage of any potentia growth. The good news is that since it is a Coloplast, the fittings that connect the tubing to the pump are repaceable, so a minor surgery could introduce more fluid to your implant system. Whether you could convince your surgeon to do that is another matter. By the way, the operating room notes should tell you what size reservoir you have and how much fluid was introduced into it. The other good news is that if you are getting full rigidity, you will have a LONG time of good rigidity in front of you. (double ententre intended)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

RoninRiff

Postby RoninRiff » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:22 am

Jack - It does sound as if you may have run out of fluid in the reservoir. Your surgeon was Dr. Eid, though, and I would not expect him to miscalculate the volume needed and shortchange you on fluid. Another possibility is that your system might have a slow leak and you may currently have less fluid in the system than when it was installed. This theory is consistent with the observation that your pump issue is a more recent development. Have you reached out to Dr. Eid to ask him about this?
55 yo w 20 yrs of worsening ED. VL on US. Tried all PDE5-Is w decreasing efficacy. No longer tolerating SEs from meds. INJs did not work out well for me. Now sched for IPP w Dr. Eid in 12/2023.

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:26 am

Jack1104 wrote:Hello everybody, coming up on my one year anniversary of being implanted.

Pumping to the max has become very easy, but when I get to the max on the last squeeze the pump dimples in and doesn’t go back to its original spherical shape until I press the release valve and deflate. Anyone else experience this? When I feel it during maximum inflation the pump has a “caved-in” feel to it.

Thank you!

Can you clarify:
1. Is this happening every time you max inflate?
2. Has this happened since day one or is this a more recent behavior?

I do know exactly what you're describing. Had not seen this described here (although, odds are it's here somewhere) and was actually going to post the same question at some point.

I'm approaching 3 years and this never happened until a few months ago. Has happened 3x now over the last 2-3 months. You've described it accurately - at, or approaching max inflation, the bulb just goes flat like a tire and stays that way. Has not impacted erection or activity for us the few times this has occurred. Each time we played and everything was as always - rigidity, duration, etc, so there's obviously not saline backflowing out of the cylinders.

But the worry obviously creeps into your mind anytime something operates in any way outside the experiences you've been having. We pump to max frequently, 4-5x per week. Have maxed (or, so I always thought) the inflation to the point where the bulb ordinarily just felt quite rigid and inflexible at max inflation and have repeated that and experienced it that way hundreds of times. So the flat tire behavior these few times is curious for sure.

Those few times I've gotten the flat tire, then later, after playtime, one click of the deflate buttons and the bulb pops right back into its full rounded orientation. On one occasion when the bulb did this thing, we were max inflated and having vaginal sex and we wanted to switch to anal. We use less rigidity for anal so I clicked the deflate and my dick went down to, I don't know, 25% or something on its own. Stayed resting in her and waited a minute or so, then was easily able to pump back up to 60-70% and switched to anal no problem, and the bulb remained rounded for however long then. Deflated normally afterward.

Interested in others' experiences, if for no reason other than to alleviate the little "there's something wrong" voice that unfortunately can arise when something out of the ordinary happens.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:49 pm

stephen54 wrote:
Jack1104 wrote:Hello everybody, coming up on my one year anniversary of being implanted.
Thank you!

Can you clarify:
1. Is this happening every time you max inflate?
2. Has this happened since day one or is this a more recent behavior?

I do know exactly what you're describing. Had not seen this described here (although, odds are it's here somewhere) and was actually going to post the same question at some point.
I'm approaching 3 years and this never happened until a few months ago. Has happened 3x now over the last 2-3 months. You've described it accurately - at, or approaching max inflation, the bulb just goes flat like a tire and stays that way. Has not impacted erection or activity for us the few times this has occurred. Each time we played and everything was as always - rigidity, duration, etc, so there's obviously not saline backflowing out of the cylinders.
But the worry obviously creeps into your mind anytime something operates in any way outside the experiences you've been having. We pump to max frequently, 4-5x per week. Have maxed (or, so I always thought) the inflation to the point where the bulb ordinarily just felt quite rigid and inflexible at max inflation and have repeated that and experienced it that way hundreds of times. So the flat tire behavior these few times is curious for sure.
Those few times I've gotten the flat tire, then later, after playtime, one click of the deflate buttons and the bulb pops right back into its full rounded orientation. On one occasion when the bulb did this thing, we were max inflated and having vaginal sex and we wanted to switch to anal. We use less rigidity for anal so I clicked the deflate and my dick went down to, I don't know, 25% or something on its own. Stayed resting in her and waited a minute or so, then was easily able to pump back up to 60-70% and switched to anal no problem, and the bulb remained rounded for however long then. Deflated normally afterward.
Interested in others' experiences, if for no reason other than to alleviate the little "there's something wrong" voice that unfortunately can arise when something out of the ordinary happens.

Uneducated opinion. Sounds like a check valve isn't returning to the neutral position so the pump bulb can reinflate for the next pump. No experience but it seems to me that two valves are required. One to keep the fluid in the implant & one to stop the fluid from going into the reservoir during the pump compression cycle.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Jack1104

Postby Jack1104 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:41 pm

Thank you everybody for the input.

I have a couple of texts in to Dr. Eid and I’m waiting a response. For what it’s worth, I still am rock-hard when I pump to the max and counting squeezes, it is the same number. That hasn’t changed at all.

Could it be that with a 75 cc reservoir and 20cm cylinders, that by the one-year point I have managed to achieve maximum stretch without pain, and that is all? That the size of the cylinders can probably accommodate more than 75 ML‘s of fluid?
9/17/21 Dr. Eid

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:05 am

I reached that point at about six months. You are maxed out as far as fluid and stretch of the implant.
I am also rock hard, like you. There's just nothing left in the reservoir. When we mash the release button the fluid returns to the pump and reservoir. Our surgeons might have miscalculated slightly but they are working fine. Nothing to worry about.
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

dhiker99

Postby dhiker99 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:53 am

I have the same issue with my Coloplast. Confirmed it with my surgeon that the reservoir is empty when the pump collapses. He says he filled the reservoir with the amount of saline recommended by the manufacturer. He is willing to do the procedure to add fluid to the reservoir. I’m considering getting it done since my implant is less than rock hard at full inflation. I have a little concern that pumping the implant with more saline than it’s designed for might be risking damage down the road.

Has anyone else had this procedure?
Implanted 4/22/21, Coloplast Titan

Return to “Implants”