RESTART!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
radiodec

RESTART!!

Postby radiodec » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 am

Well it is early am, I can't get back to sleep so another rant.

This morning at 8:50 I am scheduled in for the followup to 10/1. We now start over on this journey. I will again be waitng scheduling.

Changes: I now there won't be scar tissue in at least one place! I am better than 10 pounds lighter that I was at the first start. (10 pounds of backed up water from the partial blockage caused by the scar tissure) I now have ankles at anytime of the day. So fare no pre-op stretching, it is difficult to stretch with that annoyance in the way.

Things learned, the shortest distance often isn't. Nothing dealing with the recovery from an RP is as simple as it seems, The odd erection up a catheter is ODD. I am definitely ready to go for the implant, impatiently awaiting a new schedule. I have a great support team both at home and on this board.

Big lesson: Gratification delayed is gratification delayed!

I will keep you informed after I have my chance to p??? on my urologist. Yes, that is one of the things I remember from the ancient (13 years) RP, you get to water your urologist when he pulls the catheter. I don't think that us implant people get to do that. I don't think I will have pain problems if the scar tissue removal is any indicator. No pain medication for this whole time. No pain, minor discomfort that is more like an annoyance than discomfort.

Well, I will let you know how it goes. TIme to start breakfast and things here.

*********************************************************************************************

Back from urologist. Catheter removed, plumbing functions well, and leakage is almost non-existant.

It is now wait for scheduling again.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

jn1421

Re: RESTART!!

Postby jn1421 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I'm praying for you.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Jn.
Thanks, that alsays helps.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Well, I found a small benfit from the false start at an implant. Still waiting on a new date (patiently - not). The removal of the scar tissue that blocked the catheter has let my stretched flacid length go up enogh for me to notice, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I will take a couple of measurements to see what it comes to. Just now getting to the point where I feel comfortable stretching it out, don't want to do any damage on things that are healing. A few repeatable measurements will tell the tale.

I am not length obsessed but a little more to start with won't hurt. A strange observation, the occassional morning erection is definitely shorter than the stretched length.

I sure hope they get the scheduling done for this year! The new health care rules are cutting 2700 out of my untaxed payroll hold out for medical expenses. THe additional tax will leave less money available for things like this unless I cut other things out of the budget. "If you make less than $250K I won't increase your taxes." Well guess what, I don't make near that amount.

Dadiodec

Jbcsatx

Postby Jbcsatx » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:00 pm

I hope they get you rescheduled soon. I only had to wait 4 weeks but it seemed like an eternity. I am glad to have it over with-it is still kind of unreal for me to believe that I actually did it even though I never considered backing out. Getting used to this hard on is different. I thought the Dr deflated but it never really went down... good luck and know we are all here to support you. I could not have done it without my Frank Talk friends..jim

dennov

Postby dennov » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Jbcsatx wrote:I hope they get you rescheduled soon. I only had to wait 4 weeks but it seemed like an eternity. I am glad to have it over with-it is still kind of unreal for me to believe that I actually did it even though I never considered backing out. Getting used to this hard on is different. I thought the Dr deflated but it never really went down... good luck and know we are all here to support you. I could not have done it without my Frank Talk friends..jim

Hey Jim, did you get the Titan? That's the one I choose, but the drawback (from what I've been reading) is the semi-hard state your in even when completely deflated. Although it would be a nice feature if you were a male stripper 8-) .

Dennis
61 year old with a 23 cm Titan.

radiodec

RESTART!! -- I have a new date

Postby radiodec » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

I have a new schedule date! November 7, 2012 at 11:00am -- This is surgery time, I will have to be at the Hendersonville Medical Center at least two hours prior for all the preparations.

Since I am allergic to penecillin, they will first start an IV and add an antibiotic infusion. This will take an hour or so before surgery can start. Same antibiotic restrictictions will probably mean that I have an overnight stay, though the "normal" routine is for leaving without an overnight. I don't have a pre-op appointment with the medical center yet. The implant planned is an AMS 700 LGX.

Now back to waiting and all the anticipation both positive and negative that this entails. Now I get to wonder, will it happen this time or will there be another problem. Maybe they will be better at hitting a vein too. Three attempts to get an IV in is a little bit of a bummer.

So, anyway, I am back on the list just further back now.

Radiodec

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Way to go, Radio! We'll all pulling for you!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Jbcsatx

Postby Jbcsatx » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm

CongrAtulations! I know you wish it was tomorrow but I think you are a pretty patient person It will be surgery day in no time and this time will be the right time! Keep us posted. Tomorrow will be a week post op for me and everything down south seems to be going smoothly. I got my chipped tooth fixed today and am ready to not look like someone beat the crap out of me from my fall. No regrets here! Jim

Return to “Implants”