"Lying" about surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
igotquestions

"Lying" about surgery

Postby igotquestions » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:54 am

Hey guys,

just wondering what some of you have told your work mates when they have asked what surgery you had.
not feeling confident enough to tell them to be honest, so i wanna make something up with similar symptomes for now to make it more easy.

wishing you all a good weekend :)
31yo, german, ed since i was 14 old after a sports accident. implanted with model AMS700 11.11.2022 by Dr.Osmonov in Germany.

ShouldIwait

Re: "Lying" about surgery

Postby ShouldIwait » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:59 am

hernia repair
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

silver daddy 1960

Postby silver daddy 1960 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:02 am

same
63 yrs old, NYC, DR. Eid Titan Coloplast Dec 10, 2021

igotquestions

Postby igotquestions » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:13 am

ShouldIwait wrote:hernia repair

hey, that sounds good. thanks a lot!
31yo, german, ed since i was 14 old after a sports accident. implanted with model AMS700 11.11.2022 by Dr.Osmonov in Germany.

iwantanewone

Postby iwantanewone » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:17 am

yes, hernia repair for all... :D :D - Even the surgeon tells you to use this excuse!
But, some people on FT will judge you for not telling the truth as they feel ED should be discussed and brought forward as well as implants for the treatment of ED. I think it's a personal decision. Good luck!

igotquestions

Postby igotquestions » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:38 am

iwantanewone wrote:yes, hernia repair for all... :D :D - Even the surgeon tells you to use this excuse!
But, some people on FT will judge you for not telling the truth as they feel ED should be discussed and brought forward as well as implants for the treatment of ED. I think it's a personal decision. Good luck!

right, i think thats a good point. problem is i have severe anxiety and clincal depression. iam pretty sure telling them the truth would create a lot of issues in my mind such as constantly wonder how they gonna see me now etc. once i feel confident in my new life i wont mind telling people about it. but ty for the advice :)

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:57 am

I told friends the truth.

I told acquaintances and casual friends “I had a prostate procedure but everything was benign.”

I would have told ‘em hernia, but I had already had a hernia done 2 weeks prior to my implant.

You know, to make this even worse, I’m not even sure my wife knows it’s an implant.

Back in the late 80s, when I got diagnosed with physical (not psychological) ED, doctors were discussing venous ligation, adding arterial flow, and an assortment of vascular surgeries. There were no pills then. Bimix was state of the art.

Needless to say the vascular surgeries didn’t work as well as hoped. But the three piece implant emerged as a really viable, solid treatment. I just told her one day “I’m going to let them do a minor surgical procedure to fix my ED once and for all” and she said “good”. I scheduled it for January, it got moved to March, then I found out we had hit our cap with the insurance carrier and if I did it in December, there would be no co-pay.

So I let her go off to see relatives in Louisiana after Xmas and told her “they’re doing it on Dec 31st”. She wanted to come back but I told her nah, it’s minor, might even be done under a local, don’t disrupt your trip. So she never met with the urologist for the step-by-step briefing.
She just knows it works. Flaccid it looks flaccid. Erect it looks great. It works exactly like it should.

I’ve wandered off topic. Bottom line. You’re an adult. Tell people whatever you wish. I’m of the opinion there’s no shame in ED and it does need to be discussed, but one thing wrong with society in general is too many people want to make their private lives public.

That’s one reason life was actually better during the Eisenhower era. Private matters were kept private. We didn’t have to have discussions about preferred pronouns.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

robcb1

Postby robcb1 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:22 pm

I told one close friend the truth, along with my daughter, who, as a nurse, is very supportive. My wife has also been awesome about it. She has gone with me to every one of my appointments, as we’re in this together. I told everyone else that I was having an outpatient procedure related to my male plumbing issues. That stopped any further questions! I am also on active surveillance for prostate cancer, so close acquaintances were already aware of that. I think saying you are having hernia repair is also a great idea, as the recovery is so similar. Really, it’s nobody’s business but your own. I wanted to err on the side of maintaining my privacy, mostly because I’m naturally a private person, but I completely understand if other guys don’t feel the same way. There is no shame in having erection issues.
Implanted 8/23/22. Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE’s, infrapubic. Married 40 years.

Injustright

Postby Injustright » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:34 pm

I went with an implication it was a pretty invasive treatment and to forestall any questions I told my boss I couldn't return to work until I had my catheter and "bag" removed. The "ew, TMI" was almost audible through the e-mail acknowledging the message.

The next option was going to be that people who do a lot of weightlifting/training tend to get headaches, hernias, and hemorrhoids. Need any more information? I doubted they would.
Decades+ ED; finally ultrasound showed venous leak+arterial insufficiency. Infrapubic (Yay!) implant by Dr. Karpman 8/9/22; with 13 cm distal, 9 proximal Titan. Cleared for new life 9/1/22 and hoping to make up for lost time.

igotquestions

Postby igotquestions » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:40 pm

Txagq8 wrote:I told friends the truth.

I told acquaintances and casual friends “I had a prostate procedure but everything was benign.”

going the same route, all my friends and close family knows but i dont feel comfortable telling my workmates. thanks for your input!

Return to “Implants”