My 3 Week Check up

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
thegatter

My 3 Week Check up

Postby thegatter » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:13 am

Went to the doc on Friday for my 3 week (actually 3 week plus 3 day) check up. He took a look, felt for the pump, and said everything was perfect.....all looked great, still a little swelling, but that the pump was located in the perfect spot between my testicles. After surgery, he pumped one time and that is the state I have been in for the past 3 weeks. I was hoping that he was going to try pumping more, but he said that comes next...in a month. Although he did tell me that I could try it on my own in another 3 weeks and then, when I saw him a week later, we could discuss any problems/concerns. A question for all my friends out here on Frank Talk......will I hurt anything if I try to pump sooner than three weeks from now? What about sex? Masturbation? Can I hurt anything if I cheat regarding the time frame? I feel good.......most of the pain is completely gone, every now and then I feel a twinge in the tip of my penis....but for everyone contemplating this surgery, I say, GO FOR IT. The pain is minimal, and the rewards, I suspect, will be great. Thanks everyone.

SteveTex

Re: My 3 Week Check up

Postby SteveTex » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 am

I would follow Doc's advice. But that's me.
Age 61.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 am

All we can give you is our non dr opinions. If you have any swelling I would wait. I did pump mine up at 3 weeks but there was no swelling and it looks very normal without bruises. AMS says 3 to 6 weeks at your dr's discretion.

vladtepes

Postby vladtepes » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm

You have waited with ED some time before the implant, I suppose not short time, so 3 more weeks are a very short time. I was listening to the doctor.

Vlad

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Some guys have reported having sex in the time frame you are in now and I guess some even sooner than that. However, since you have not been pumped up yet you may be getting ahead of your self. My advice if you want to try sex, pump it up all the way it will go now and then see if you feel like trying sex, who knows it might feel great? I my case I did inflations just after my 3 weeks and that was all I needed to tell me to wait on any attemp at sex. It didn't hurt like hell or anything like that but I it didn't take long for pain to start, the tip burned a good bit and some pain on scar tissue ( I think) along one of the shafts. So, here's what I did, I just pumped it up a couple times a day without really hurting my self, then after the 6 week visit they told me to inflate it everyday as much as I could and leave as long as I could untill I could stay max inflation for an hour. I found this process took about an addtional month past the six weeks till it felt good enought to do a proper job with sex. I am about 20 months implanted now and at 6 months it began to get very comfortable although sex was ok at 2-3 months. Then buring pain from the cylinder tips stopped pretty soon after I began the "rehab" period. So maybe that's a good way to explain it, just like a knee implant you can't walk good till you rehab and your willy will need some rehab. Now my inplant is complety comfortable except of course for the pump which you will never get completely comfortable with when you sit wrong.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

thegatter

Postby thegatter » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:46 am

Thank you everyone........and of course, you're all right.......I have waited such a long time to have an erection, another three weeks won't kill me........... I hope. :-)

thegatter

Postby thegatter » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:02 am

I DO have another serious question though, one that wasn't answered yet........doc left my penis "kind of hard" with the one pump....(Kind of Hard compared to the limpness that I have had for the past several years ).....CAN I do any damage now if I try to masturbate with it, even gently? Can I damage the implant at all or cause any problems if either me or my wife rub it gently??

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm

thegatter wrote:CAN I do any damage now if I try to masturbate with it, even gently?

Go ahead and enjoy ... you can't really hurt anything ... just the tips will be tender, so go gently ...

Get used to the "kinda hard" feeling ... that one pump doesn't do that, that's pretty much how things will feel (flaccid)
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

buckshot

Postby buckshot » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 pm

"Flacid" will not be as soft as it used to be....but, listen to your doc, do what he says and you'll find out ( sooner than you think ) that erect really means stiff and hard enough to easily "get the job done"!!! The tender spots on the end of the penis remain for a while but will become less and less of a "problem". I still haven't pumped up to FULL STRENGTH but I will shortly and I feel like I'll be a real "beast" then!!! :lol:

Return to “Implants”