What Should I Buy Ahead of Surgery?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mschicago

What Should I Buy Ahead of Surgery?

Postby mschicago » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:46 pm

Initial implant surgery is scheduled for October 24th. I know from reading this forum to ice, ice, ice and will be buying lots of frozen peas and corn. What else should I make sure I have? I have seen discussion concerning certain underwear I should purchase but can't find those posts. Anyone able to provide info on that? Anything else I should make sure I have for recovery?

Thanks!
49, Implanted AMS CX on 10/24/22 by Dr. Laurence Levine.

Floridaspeedo

Re: What Should I Buy Ahead of Surgery?

Postby Floridaspeedo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:18 pm

I bought
New Balance Men's Mesh 5" No Fly Boxer Brief, Athletic Compression Underwear (3-Pack) from Amazon.

In order to heep my dick up.

Other than that, I didn't buy anything else
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:21 pm

Have lots of ice on hand!Maybe frozen corn or peas to conform!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Littleleo

Postby Littleleo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Underwear mentioned is a great idea. Or a jock strap over your underwear. Also you may need a container to pee in for awhile. Your stream may be everywhere for a couple weeks. A TV in the bedroom with remote if your recovery isn't perfect.
AMS 700 LGX on July 12, 2022. ED no diagnosed reason since teens with occasional success in 20s. Tried pills and injections.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:27 pm

mschicago wrote:Initial implant surgery is scheduled for October 24th. I know from reading this forum to ice, ice, ice and will be buying lots of frozen peas and corn. What else should I make sure I have? I have seen discussion concerning certain underwear I should purchase but can't find those posts. Anyone able to provide info on that? Anything else I should make sure I have for recovery?

Thanks!

Hibicleasns soap to wash from the chest down with. Do not use it on your head or face. Contact your doctor about wound care. I used 4x4 sterile gauze and Bacitracin ointment. A second jock strap. I was sent home in one from the surgery and used it until I was cleared for my first shower. I used dry beans instead of frozen vegetables or ice because the moisture will melt and clump. The beans won't and will keep things dry. I put the bags in zip lock bags and I had white cotton hand towels I wash in bleach and put in zip lock bags to help keep then as germ free as I could. I had 3 bags to rotate. I bought a set of the white towels and did the same with the bath towel and used it to dray off with the morning of the surgery. And new white cotton underwear with the same wash and bag for the trip to the surgery. Cotton sweatpants light grey washed and bagged. I did white socks also. and a light gray t-shirt. Just washed them all together and bagged them out of the dryer. I used alcohol wipes after my shower for my testicles and penis and the inside of my legs and pubic pad. But if you do that start the alcohol a week or more out as they can take a bit of getting used to. Even more so if you have some chaffing. All that came from a doctor that published most infections were brought into the or in the mans skin. And bleach and alcohol where really good to reduce this. I just could not see clear to grab a pair of weeks old underwear that had been setting in a drawer and in my case packed in an old suitcase for my trip and putting them on before surgery. Up to you how much trouble you want to go through to help prevent infection.

Pain meds can cause constipation so stool softeners. Motrin or other over the counter anti-inflammatory medication. Make sure you have meals prepared for the first 3 days if you do not have someone to do so for you. And drinks. Some doctors used to have you tape your penis up so check on that. Books to read or tv shows to binge watch or other things you can do laying down. As said you can get cheap pee bottle online or at a pharmacy. The things is to lay as flat as you can for the first 3 days. The third day if things are going weel you can get up a bit. Then increase from there depending on how things are going and your doctors instructions. Might ask your doctor for a copy of the discharge instructions so you will have that information ahead of time to prepare. I think I am missing something and it has been over 4 years. No lifting over 10 lbs. were my instructions. Others may remember better than me.

Good luck with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ShouldIwait

Postby ShouldIwait » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:00 am

These Thommyjohn underwear
see...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20015#p184521

Have a pouch that allows a semi-erect to sit nicely w/o pressure...like a baby kangaroo. The head pokes out above the pouch but INFRONT of the waist band--very important thoses first few days :D
MUCH better than all other I tried for the first few weeks.

Speaking of baby...Get Baby Socks like everyone says!!

Band-Aid Antiseptic Spray - 8 fl oz [[trust me this cleans AND cools/numbs...very nice!!!]

One trip to Target for all (underwear cheaper than Amazon) and your good to go!

see...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20015#p184521
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:15 am

The only things I ended up buying were boxer briefs and satin boxers. My usual briefs let me hang out the leg, the boxer briefs have some snugness without being too much. The satin boxers were for sleeping in my first couple of months. The boxer briefs would bunch up and bind on my penis. Easy sliding around in the satin boxers.
Hot baths once doc cleared me to bathe were a morning routine to ease the soreness. The heat loosens things up too so inflating and deflating isn't as sore.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Return to “Implants”