What's the point?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: What's the point?

Postby newbie443 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:39 pm

In the AMS DVD in the packet given to men is an example of a cycling protocol. It starts at the first activation to inflate and then deflate immediately. Then over days and weeks increase the number of times and the amount of time left inflated. So it seems you received the starting activation but are missing the slow increase protocol. You should contact your doctor and ask again. If you have an AMS product and you do not get any answer from your doctor you might want to look at that DVD and for the cycling protocol.

Good luck.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:31 pm

I will second the motion that you send your surgeon some type of written correspondence asking for clarification on cycling protocol. Medical professionals are not perfect, either. Perhaps what he meant to tell you is to inflate it, that takes about a minute, and figured you could be the judge as to how long to leave it inflated. Let your body and discomfort dictate that.

You won’t know until you ask. But it would not be the first, last, or only time a doctor wasn’t clear with patient instructions.

Oh, as far as your pic is concerned. You really don’t look too bad at the 2 week (15 day) mark. I’m not blowing smoke up your ass, either, when I tell you that once you’re fully healed (trust me, you aren’t) and can REALLY inflate that thing aggressively, it’s going to fatten up and straighten out and pretty closely emulate a weapon of mass destruction.

Correspond with doctor. If you continue to get guidance that doesn’t make sense, ask for help from the manufacturer’s patient Rep.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

nuance

Postby nuance » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:43 am

Clementis wrote:IMG_20220819_003744.jpg

Do the tips go all the way into your glans?

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:06 am

crazyjoe wrote:Totally agree with the comments here -- EId had me cycling right away and didn't restrict how long I could stay inflated -- he says scar tissue starts forming on your way to the recovery room and that is how you overcome it...

The best docs have their own nuances to what they recommend for cycling. They have their reasons, their biases, likely empirical based on what they've seen in their own patient population. Here's where human medicine is both art and science.

Can only share with original poster that Levine had me essentially building up the amount of time I was max inflated to be limited only by my discomfort, not by some pre-determined metric of a timing he dictates. Discomfort was real during early weeks post-op. Took several weeks to keep increasing the duration of max inflation I could reasonably handle. In hindsight, considering the magnitude of the surgery, I was able to pretty aggressively add on more and more time over I guess those first, say 4-8 weeks. In the early weeks I got uncomfortable max inflated for 10 minutes. By week 6-8 I was approaching one hour. By probably month 3-4 give or take I could max inflate for 90 mins - 2 hours. I'm similar now. I'll get a bit tender bordering on sore throughout the shaft (not glans) but those 2 hours are now spent assertively using my dick. Worked for me, your experience may vary.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:10 am

@stephen54

I am impressed. I can only be max inflated for 30 mins even 3 months out of surgery. I do try to do it though 3 - 4 times a day.
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 am

Floridaspeedo wrote:@stephen54

I am impressed. I can only be max inflated for 30 mins even 3 months out of surgery. I do try to do it though 3 - 4 times a day.

Just keep at it. I think people can (understandably) get so caught up in comparing one experience with another. Human nature. Of course, and none of us are immune. But no part of me believes you won't get there. Fun times ahead, my friend...
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Return to “Implants”