Revision of malleable to ams 700 cx

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dwoody1977

Revision of malleable to ams 700 cx

Postby Dwoody1977 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:12 pm

Hi everybody
I’m looking for some advice
I had a penile implant done a year ago I was due to go in and have the ambicore 2 piece penile implant fitted but after recovering from the anesthetic I was told there were sizing problems and I was fitted with the malleable implant to keep my size I had at the moment and not shrivel up . Obviously I was very upset at this out come and was told I could have a revision to correct the implant that I didn’t want
Now I was 5.5 inches erect before the malleable implant went in and after I’m now 4.5 inches after healing for a year …and some girth loss too which has troubled me
I’m now in the next few weeks going in to have the ams 700 cx fitted and I have a few questions
My surgeon has told me I could get some length back with this implant but wasn’t to forthcoming with the girth
1…will this implant expand in girth ? To gain some back for me ?
2..has anybody gained any length back from revision ?
3. Is the implant a firmer implant than the malleable ?
Thanks in advance

Gt1956

Re: Revision of malleable to ams 700 cx

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:51 pm

Its in the models name.
Girth
Length
Xpand
LGX is claimed to expand up to 25% above its size. Of course that is contingent upon some conditions. That your tunica will allow the girth expansion. That your penis will stretch the 25%. That means a very dedicated pumping routine for likely a full year.
A commonly cited study shows that an 21cm LGX can stretch to 24cm or 24.9cm. Two were tested at 20psi. An 18cm LGX stretched to 21.2cm & 21cm. Two were tested also. Sadly, girth was not recorded. Although since the material that LGX's are made of expand in both directions. I see no reason that the potential for girth growth wouldn't be there.
Btw, the Titans did stretch when the same test was done. But only .4cm & .7cm for the 18cm & 22cm models.
When I first interviewed my proposed surgeon. He matter of factly claimed that patients following his instructions should gain around 2" in the first year. I've been contacted by patients of his & they got good results concerning size.
If you go back & read posts made by Merrix. There is good evidence that his Titan streched even more. But you need to consider that he's had his implants for a long time & only uses (frequently) at max pumps.
If you're in the USA? I suggest that if your surgeon can't make a very good argument for not regaining a decent amount of size. That you seek a second opinion.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:28 pm

Hi Dwoody,
I remember your posts before the procedure, and sorry to see you going through all this.
I do think that your doctor isn't an experienced one and didn't perform the implant properly.
1. Your doctor suggested the 2-piece Ambicore implant due to an existing condition, which is a valid call, but now he is going back to a 3-piece.
2. Undersizing is one of the worst mistakes to be committed by an implant surgeon. It is not justified if it is a 2 or 3 piece implant.
3. Due to undersizing, the doctor put a malleable for a year and then he is going to put an inflatable implant in place. Why didn't he put the 3-piece immediately if there was no infection? Is there any reason for that?
I strongly recommend that you do not go under the knife of this doctor again.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:43 pm

Also, why did you lose length with the malleable? If it is the correct size, it should maintain the length and girth. That is why it is put.
Men get malleable implants for permanent use, and they are very happy with it. I mean instead of the 2-piece, your doctor could also use a malleable without issues.
I feel so angry at your doctor.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Dwoody1977

Postby Dwoody1977 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:15 pm

Hi everyone thanks for the reply’s
Firstly I think I better say I’m from the uk and surgeons are not chosen here unless you pay privately for the implant which in this country is around £16,000 gbp and I’m not in the position to pay this amount so I’m going through our national health service …
The surgeon is supposed to be a very high level of urologist give lectures and seminars all about thei plants and meds issues as a whole .. but I agree I feel as if my surgeon is being very conservative to say the least when fitting the implant
I originally wanted the three piece inflatable implant but he persuaded me to go for the 2 piece ambicore as he said it safer not to go into the stomach area to put the reservoir as I’ve had a kidney and pancreas transplant and could nick some arteries and cause problems he was willing to do the three piece but we settled on the ambicore ..after waking up he had fitted a malleable implant because he said….. ( I’ve had sizing problems and I’ve put in a malleable implant to keep structure of my penis and not shrivel up and said but if I wanted in the future he would now do the three piece for me )
I’m now at the stage of having the three piece ams 700 cx ..I’ve stated to him that I’m concerned about the inch I’ve lost after first implant and I’d like if possible to regain some length he said that it’s possible to regain some length going from malleable to a three piece
Now he said the sizing problems where that there wasn’t a size to fit me with the ambicor but he has more scope to fit the three piece they are easier to size this is what he has said ..now my opinion on it is I think he made a mistake with the implant somehow he seems very eager to fit the new three piece even telling me as soon as I woke up from my operation over helpful you could say …either dropped it or did something to make it unusable ..I’m not buying the sizing problem …..to be honest as the malleable dosnt expand it’s just that thickness on all I’m hoping as this implant expands while pumping so it will fill excess skin I have at the moment … when sexually aroused my loose skin fills up so I know it can expand more
Let’s hope it’s sorted but I’m not confident of this

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:53 am

Hi Dwoody,
I now understand the situation and the options that you have.
Before implant, I could measure myself at 4.75" with stretched flaccid, but that was because I couldn't get a 100% erection, even with Trimix. After a few weeks of cycling I was about 1 inch more, which I believe the size that I will live with.
So, AMX CX is a good choice, if performed adequately, and safely, so that no other part in your body is affected.
I am not sure what your doctor meant by having sizing problems with Ambicore. Ambicore has sizes of 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, and 22cm, unlike AMS inflatable implants which have sizes of multiples of 3cm. It is available only infra-pubic, no penoscrotal, and with RTEs as well. The only issue could be that your penis is bigger than the fluid that can be pumped in the cylinders, hence, you can't get enough rigidity. He had to justify the sizing problems that he mentioned to you.
Wish you all the best Dwoody!
Finally Bionic

Dwoody1977

Postby Dwoody1977 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:46 am

Thank you again for the reply
Yes it seems very strange how he was unable to fit the2 piece implant as you said was there enough fluid to get a full erection
Do the implants come with pre installed fluid in the two piece or have they got limited space to full to enough fluid ?
Also as you have the cx implant does the implant expand your girth fully
Thank you

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:04 am

I would recommend looking into this product to try to stretch out your penis as much as you can between now and when you have your revision. I have used it even after I got my implant and I feel it's helped with some length gains and made my implant much more comfortable to expand into the glans. It's been totally safe to use with an implant since it's not clamping down on the head of your penis, but the tension gets directed into the silicone sleeve for a more uniform stretch unlike some other penis stretchers you find that clamp down right below the glans, which you really can't do with an implant in place.

https://lghangerllc.com/

I use this rod extender, not the hanging of weights which would be hard to do I think with a malleable in

https://lghangerllc.com/product/extende ... ht-system/
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

jimmi85

Postby jimmi85 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:27 am

Hi Dwoody, sorry to hear about your unsuccessful journey.

May I ask who your surgeon was? I’m from the uk as well and my surgery as unfortunately botched by a well known surgeon so interested to know if we had the same one?
Implanted by Mike Fraser in feb 2022 due to a 80 degree dorsal curvature. 18cm Titan - way undersized. 8’ pre Peyronies, 6’ pre implant - currently 6’.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:05 pm

Dwoody1977 wrote:Thank you again for the reply
Yes it seems very strange how he was unable to fit the2 piece implant as you said was there enough fluid to get a full erection
Do the implants come with pre installed fluid in the two piece or have they got limited space to full to enough fluid ?
Also as you have the cx implant does the implant expand your girth fully
Thank you

Yes. CX has a larger girth than LGX. CX is also more stiff, but LGX has the advantage of expanding in length. Anyway, I think if you are getting 21cm or more, CX is better, and for 18cm (with RTEs or without), LGX will more likely fit you.
I don't believe the fluid is pre-installed. The surgeon has to inject the required amount for you. The Ambicore parts are available pre-connected only.
I agree with OregonStrong about trying to regain length with an extender or a VED, but you may need to consult your surgeon before that.
Finally Bionic

Return to “Implants”