First follow-up after August 1 implant surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cwatt1

First follow-up after August 1 implant surgery

Postby cwatt1 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:30 pm

Saw my surgeon, Dr. McVary, for the first time this afternoon since the surgery. Incision is healing fine. I experienced quite a bit of pain as he was examining my scrotum; he said my testicles still have quite a bit of swelling. He did not want to instruct me on inflation/deflation today because he said it would be too painful. He wants to see me again in six weeks for (hopefully) instruction.

I asked him about the wallet card. Because I had previously emailed Boston Scientific who sent me the card, patient instructions, specification sheet, and a standalone pump for practice, he did not give me another packet, as he said the one that came with the product is in my patient chart.

He asked me about urination, and I told him that I was urinating more frequently since since the surgery. Urine was normal except for a small amount of leukocytes. I'm going to question him further about the residual volume of urine, which was 126 ml.

Somewhat disappointed that I still have significant scrotal swelling, but better to wait for instruction under the circumstances.
ED since using SSRI antidepressants. Unable to maintain erection sufficient for penetration. Tried PDE5's, VED, injections. AMS 700 CX implanted 8/1/2022, penoscrotal by Dr. McVary, Loyola medical center. 15cm + 1.5 and 1.0 RTE's. 65 ml reservoir.

gjmjoe017

Re: First follow-up after August 1 implant surgery

Postby gjmjoe017 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:35 pm

I had swelling also,it will get better!More Ice!!!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Mr Timex

Postby Mr Timex » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:26 am

I called Boston Scientific yesterday. My call was transferred three times and I finally ended up in some lady’s voicemail. I’m hoping she calls back today. A practice pump would be great. I can’t tell by feel how the pump inside me will work.
Now that the scrotum pain has fully dissipated, I’m noticing how sensitive the head of my member is. It seems like it wants to come out and play.
Timex, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking
Lgx Ms Ps 18x10cm
1.5cm Rear Tip Extender
Reservoir 100ml
August 1, 2022
Born in 1950, wife born in 1943
I have a vasculitis autoimmune disease, am diabetic and have heart disease.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:33 am

From your description of what he said, it seems your doctor isn't concerned about how much swelling you still have. So, that's a good thing.

At my first follow-up appointment, two weeks after surgery, my doctor deflated me because he left me 60% inflated after the surgery. Wow, did it ever hurt when he deflated me that first time! I was sore for hours afterwards.

But, six weeks later, when I went back and he showed me how to inflate and deflate, it didn't hurt. So, I definitely needed more time to heal before I was ready to use my implant.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:50 am

I was sent home 70% inflated and had my first follow-up at 2 weeks. With scrotum still a little swollen and bruised, I stood up in front of the doctor, dropped my pants and he took hold of my sack and started deflating me. He then squeezed and bent my dick to force all the fluid out and proceeded to reinflate me to about 40%. Wasn't sure whether or not I was going to pass out or throw up on him it hurt so bad. It took a few hours for the pain to go away.

At 4 weeks, I met with the AMS rep for inflate/deflate instructions. Very nice young guy deflated and briefly checked me out to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be and working properly, He had me inflate and deflate twice while he watched to make sure I knew how to do it, gave me cycling instructions and sent me on my way. Two weeks after that I was cleared for sex.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

cwatt1

Postby cwatt1 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:29 pm

Revived wrote:I called Boston Scientific yesterday. My call was transferred three times and I finally ended up in some lady’s voicemail. I’m hoping she calls back today. A practice pump would be great. I can’t tell by feel how the pump inside me will work.
Now that the scrotum pain has fully dissipated, I’m noticing how sensitive the head of my member is. It seems like it wants to come out and play.

Glad you're feeling so much better. I still have some aching in my balls along with the swelling, and it did hurt when the doc was manipulating me yesterday. Hurt for a while afterward too, but feels much better today. Yes, more ice! I think I will still stay off the tylenol. Occasional ibuprofen might help with the swelling along with icing it. Thanks for the suggestions, gjmjoe.

I got a lot of success emailing Boston Scientific. Use the following: MHPatientEducation@bsci.com.
Last edited by cwatt1 on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ED since using SSRI antidepressants. Unable to maintain erection sufficient for penetration. Tried PDE5's, VED, injections. AMS 700 CX implanted 8/1/2022, penoscrotal by Dr. McVary, Loyola medical center. 15cm + 1.5 and 1.0 RTE's. 65 ml reservoir.

Mr Timex

Postby Mr Timex » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:13 am

Today I received an apology phone call from my surgeon. I’ll be seeing him this Tuesday.
Timex, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking
Lgx Ms Ps 18x10cm
1.5cm Rear Tip Extender
Reservoir 100ml
August 1, 2022
Born in 1950, wife born in 1943
I have a vasculitis autoimmune disease, am diabetic and have heart disease.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:21 pm

Revived wrote:Today I received an apology phone call from my surgeon. I’ll be seeing him this Tuesday.

Nice they followed up with you. Hope all goes well.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:04 pm

Old Guy wrote:
Revived wrote:Today I received an apology phone call from my surgeon. I’ll be seeing him this Tuesday.

Nice they followed up with you. Hope all goes well.

Glad that it helped. I'd suggest to accept his apology gracefully & not bring it up again. For someone in his position, to get an apology is a big deal. Afterall, he is your surgeon & you do need him. Hopefully the future relationship will be better.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”