One week out from procedure; Veterans recollections?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Injustright

One week out from procedure; Veterans recollections?

Postby Injustright » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Had procedure done Tuesday August 9th 2022. Implanted twenty-two centimeters total, thirteen distal and nine proximal. (So for some guys claiming a massive size we realize a lot of your implant isn’t in the showing, usable area.)

Actually felt well enough next day to drive home myself but out of an abundance of caution decided to stay over in a local hotel. Figured that made sense in case something unplanned happened. That was good because caution turned into pain and discomfort and a lot more hotel expense until Friday. Out of sheer desperation on Friday the 12th hunted around for what I took to be the deflation button and reduced the size of the erection because just couldn't wear any clothes to go anywhere without some relief.

(In my defense, I did use my surgeon’s information number but his calling service either never referred my message or ignored it. That's the most negative part of the experience so far: not getting an answer even after leaving a voicemail with staff. No matter how good the provider, some of us need some emotional handholding.)

So: Two days to go before my follow up appointment. Did you happen to get any manufacturer’s information on the exact specs on the device? Did you get anything showing the shape and design of the device? I can't tell where on the deflation block my fingers are and wonder if there's some secret code I'll get during my next exam. All I have to go on is Internet pictures and I'm not guaranteed how mine looks. If you have the “Titan one touch” do you know if that really means touch the deflate button and you don't need to keep pressure on it?

I probably overvalued the prediction that I could take a week off from work and return to my job because I have desk employment. But I will concede having reached the one week mark things have eased up considerably.

Couple of specifics?

One: How long before you can tuck your implant pointing upwards in your shorts without serious discomfort?

Two: How long before you could tuck your implant pointing downwards without serious discomfort? If I can't do that but I can do number one I'll be a happy camper but it would be nice to get it pointed in either direction without feeling like I'm trying to snap something off.
Decades+ ED; finally ultrasound showed venous leak+arterial insufficiency. Infrapubic (Yay!) implant by Dr. Karpman 8/9/22; with 13 cm distal, 9 proximal Titan. Cleared for new life 9/1/22 and hoping to make up for lost time.

Txagq8

Re: One week out from procedure; Veterans recollections?

Postby Txagq8 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 am

We are all different in our recoveries but we all seem to end up at same place.

I was implanted Tuesday 31 Dec 2019. Check in at hospital, 70 miles away, at 6 AM. They knocked me out about 7:30. I was awake in recovery by 9:30 and on the road back home before 11.

I had sent my wife to Louisiana to see relatives during the holidays. I waited until she was there before I told her we had moved surgery from March to Dec 31st. I did it because we had hit insurance catastrophic cap for year, so this had no co-pay at all.

I saw the doc 3 days later (Friday) and drain came out. Also saw him on day 6 (Monday) when he told me to start cycling it.

I was bruised and sore that first week but never really had much pain. It was the week of New Years and cold so I stayed inside, chewed tobacco, and watched football bowl games.

I was pretty gently pointing my junk straight up and wearing jeans by end of week. I needed some medical professional reassurance for first couple of weeks, made drive to clinic about every three days. My main goal (succeeded) was that I knew I could inflate but I worried I wouldn’t be able to locate deflate button amongst my swollen tissues. The doc and his PA worked with me….watched me pump and deflate multiple times until I was comfortable that I knew how.

It sounds like you’re pretty much running with the pack in terms of recovery. I hope it continues to go well. The big event at one week was v laying down in the shower and allowing the pulsating shower jet to get me off. Yeah I was pretty desperate after a week.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Injustright

Postby Injustright » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:09 am

“My main goal (succeeded) was that I knew I could inflate but I worried I wouldn’t be able to locate deflate button amongst my swollen tissues. The doc and his PA worked with me….watched me pump and deflate multiple times until I was comfortable that I knew how.“

I sure hear that part. Getting a great erection is only HALF the desired outcome.
Decades+ ED; finally ultrasound showed venous leak+arterial insufficiency. Infrapubic (Yay!) implant by Dr. Karpman 8/9/22; with 13 cm distal, 9 proximal Titan. Cleared for new life 9/1/22 and hoping to make up for lost time.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:28 am

My first two weeks were horrible. Pain meds made me nauseous, did nothing for pain. Doc didn't give me much instruction and I couldn't figure out how to deflate, had to go back twice to have him deflate me. On the Titan the deflate button is very small and hard to feel, especially at first when things are swollen and sore. Usual placement is facing the opposite testicle of your dominant hand. Right-handed so the button faces my left testicle.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Injustright

Postby Injustright » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:51 pm

Old Guy wrote:My first two weeks were horrible. Pain meds made me nauseous, did nothing for pain. Doc didn't give me much instruction and I couldn't figure out how to deflate, had to go back twice to have him deflate me. On the Titan the deflate button is very small and hard to feel, especially at first when things are swollen and sore. Usual placement is facing the opposite testicle of your dominant hand. Right-handed so the button faces my left testicle.

Did you get any manufacturer's documentation or displays? An non-working pump sample would be idea; I've been forced to assume my implant works as the barely helpful Coloplast online video shows?

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Injustright wrote:
Old Guy wrote:My first two weeks were horrible. Pain meds made me nauseous, did nothing for pain. Doc didn't give me much instruction and I couldn't figure out how to deflate, had to go back twice to have him deflate me. On the Titan the deflate button is very small and hard to feel, especially at first when things are swollen and sore. Usual placement is facing the opposite testicle of your dominant hand. Right-handed so the button faces my left testicle.

Did you get any manufacturer's documentation or displays? An non-working pump sample would be idea; I've been forced to assume my implant works as the barely helpful Coloplast online video shows?

All I got was a card and a printed after care sheet. Nothing from Coloplast. After going back to doc twice to get deflated he showed me a model of the Titan and how it worked. It was still tough at first to find that button and deflate.
Nov. 8, 2019

Injustright

Postby Injustright » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:30 pm

Old Guy wrote:
Injustright wrote:

All I got was a card and a printed after care sheet. Nothing from Coloplast. After going back to doc twice to get deflated he showed me a model of the Titan and how it worked. It was still tough at first to find that button and deflate.

I really don't want to travel 175 miles for a fifteen minute conversation with my urologist so I'd like to have some backup info on issues like these. I can't imagine getting into a local urologist on short notice for something like this. "Hi, I elected not to have you do my procedure, but can you help me now?"

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:10 pm

Maybe it’s just an AMS thing or my surgeon but they made damned sure I took my patient implant kit home. It had a video dvd, an instruction manual, warranty card, how to contact AMS, MRI info card, a card with the pieces they installed (18 implant and 5 RTE….they were stick on things put on an issue card….so I am guessing they came off the package of what they used in surgery) and most important…a practice pump. This kit had a bulb and deflate valve and was exactly like the pump now embedded in my scrotum. It was very helpful in being able to visualize and see what I was squeezing and feeling around for blind to try and deflate.

2 1/2 years later all that’s just water under the bridge but at time seemed like life or death.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:30 pm

Txagq8 wrote:Maybe it’s just an AMS thing or my surgeon but they made damned sure I took my patient implant kit home. It had a video dvd, an instruction manual, warranty card, how to contact AMS, MRI info card, a card with the pieces they installed (18 implant and 5 RTE….they were stick on things put on an issue card….so I am guessing they came off the package of what they used in surgery) and most important…a practice pump. This kit had a bulb and deflate valve and was exactly like the pump now embedded in my scrotum. It was very helpful in being able to visualize and see what I was squeezing and feeling around for blind to try and deflate.

2 1/2 years later all that’s just water under the bridge but at time seemed like life or death.

Nice! That would have helped me so much when I had mine done. Hadn't found FT yet and I was blind going in. All I knew is it would allow me to get erections again.
Nov. 8, 2019

Injustright

Postby Injustright » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:12 pm

Makes me certain that if I don't get all that stuff and more data at my follow-up appointment tomorrow I'll be contacting Coloplast directly and complaining and demanding. Seems pretty basic stuff. I mean, if something happened and you couldn't get back to your urologist as expected should you just wing it?

Return to “Implants”